Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 18
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
General Discussion>iPhone 5
MurphysLaw 09:45 AM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I found a site that will buy my iPhone 4 from me -- http://www.gazelle.com

They will give me $220 for it. My phone is a little less than 3 months old (new warranty replacement).
They offered 163 for mine :-) I might try to get an even 200 cash listing it on CL
[Reply]
lilninjabuddy 09:47 AM 09-13-2012
Shoot, Shane... I'll give you $50 for it!

For me, that's actually the realy benefit of the iphone 5.... I'll be able to upgrade my wife to an iPhone 4 or 4s for less than I could last month.

I'll probably stick with the 3gs until it dies. Which might not be too long here, actually...
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:55 AM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by lilninjabuddy:
Shoot, Shane... I'll give you $50 for it!

For me, that's actually the realy benefit of the iphone 5.... I'll be able to upgrade my wife to an iPhone 4 or 4s for less than I could last month.

I'll probably stick with the 3gs until it dies. Which might not be too long here, actually...
I would rather sell it to you than them, I will let you know if I decide to upgrade. I would think you may want to find a better phone than mine though, I have had it for over tow years and I didn't use a case for a long time. I thought I heard the 4S would be as low as $99 though soon?
[Reply]
lilninjabuddy 09:59 AM 09-13-2012
ok, well I'm a cheapskate so lmk! :-)

Any of you guys with a 4s in good shape, I'd be willing to match what that site is willing to pay.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:28 AM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by lilninjabuddy:
ok, well I'm a cheapskate so lmk! :-)

Any of you guys with a 4s in good shape, I'd be willing to match what that site is willing to pay.
Same here; 4 or 4s... Send me a PM. Must be factory unlocked.
[Reply]
irratebass 11:06 AM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
They offered 163 for mine :-) I might try to get an even 200 cash listing it on CL
They offered me $234, but I am not selling....I was just curious to see what it was worth, have only had since March. I am very happy with mine.
[Reply]
mmblz 12:16 PM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
it's target customer doesn't care about the technical specs of their phone just as they don't really care what the proc speed and ram cache level is of their PC;
i don't follow. iPhone 5 basically is just incremental bumps to various specs - screen size, thinness, battery life, speed... functionally though, it's hardly different than the last go around...

seems to me that the only reason to release this is if customers DO care about specs...
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:30 PM 09-13-2012
Offered $ 286 for my 4S...but I'm very happy with it.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:38 PM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Offered $ 286 for my 4S...but I'm very happy with it.
If you don't mind me asking -- what did you pay for it?

I paid $299 for my 4 in June 2010 and I am getting $220 for it. Excluding contract extensions I used my iPhone 4 for 2 1/4 years for $79 -- a little less than $3/month -- a great deal.

I am seriously thinking about trading in my wife's 4S as well -- she can get $248 for hers. She paid $299 -- so that cost her about $4/month. The advantage to this is that we would have all the same cables -- a big deal when we travel.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 02:18 PM 09-13-2012
Just announced, the Iphone 10

[Reply]
King James 03:04 PM 09-13-2012
Nice review
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:56 PM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
If you don't mind me asking -- what did you pay for it?

I paid $299 for my 4 in June 2010 and I am getting $220 for it. Excluding contract extensions I used my iPhone 4 for 2 1/4 years for $79 -- a little less than $3/month -- a great deal.

I am seriously thinking about trading in my wife's 4S as well -- she can get $248 for hers. She paid $299 -- so that cost her about $4/month. The advantage to this is that we would have all the same cables -- a big deal when we travel.
Michael...paid $ 399 for mine with a 2 year plan...the 64GB version.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 05:26 PM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by mmblz:
i don't follow. iPhone 5 basically is just incremental bumps to various specs - screen size, thinness, battery life, speed... functionally though, it's hardly different than the last go around...

seems to me that the only reason to release this is if customers DO care about specs...
lol, the real reason to release this is because Apple needs to keep their revenue stream stable and growing. Make a couple minor changes that don't really matter so you've got something to spin in the marketing and Bob's your uncle.

The average customer has zero idea what half those buzzwords really mean, and they can't necessarily tell the difference between the one's they do recognize. People are will buy this iPhone because it's new and many held off on upgrading from the 4 to the 4s because like the 4s to 5 it was a very incremental upgrade.

I realize this is pure comedy and probably staged for effect, but last night's Jimmy Kimmel sums the average smartphone buyer perfectly. This is why I say hardware specs are pretty much irrelevant now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rdIWKytq_q4
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:38 PM 09-13-2012
That's funny Goeff.
[Reply]
Steelerfanatic 08:14 PM 09-13-2012
Looking for a 4 or 4s on Sprint in white. If you have one to sell or trade please let me know. Thanks!!
[Reply]
floydpink 08:45 PM 09-13-2012
Well, with the LTE capabilities on the new iPhone5, I should be updating my Facebook status at light speed, and I will have a 5th row of apps on the home screen, so I can fit all my Angry Birds neatly.

That alone was worth the wait.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:00 AM 09-14-2012
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
I'm looking forward to upgrading from the 4 to 5 as well. I've had my 4 since the day before the launch and recently my battery life has went way down. I'll put my 4 up for sale once I have the new phone in hand and probably recoup most of what it costs me to upgrade.
This is me...

Order in for the 5 along with a 4s for the wife:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:14 AM 09-14-2012
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
Just announced, the Iphone 10

Hahah this is funny!
[Reply]
blugill 05:46 AM 09-14-2012
Can't get a 5 until we are eligible for upgrades next summer.
By then the 5s will be coming close to hitting the markets.
The whole family has 4's and are pretty happy with them, we got them when the 4s came out so they became the cheap phone:-) Not to mention I get a company discount for some reason through my employer which knocks a quarter off of my bill each month!
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:05 AM 09-14-2012
My youngest son is going out to pre-order a 5S this morning..since he's gotten himself a nice new job. I will fiddle with his...but again, I'm ver happy with my 4S.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 18
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Up