Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 33
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Sports>Official SEC Football Thread 2011
OLS 06:00 AM 09-29-2011
I can't handle the ONE we have NOW.

I think I am leaning highly towards Gtech now, too. I think it's an EASY get, too.
A lot of people say imbalance is OK in the SEC, but I would say that they need to get
it balanced before they even start playing as an expanded conference. No sense in one
side having an extra conference game to play while the other side plays sisters of the poor.
The only thing I don't like about expansion is it inhibits one avenue the TIGERS have been
pretty successfully riding to the top of the BCS of late, playing a great mix of non-conf. teams.
[Reply]
msgtmac 06:41 AM 09-29-2011
Maroon and White, Gonna be a dog fight in Ga Saturday.Image
[Reply]
msgtmac 06:45 AM 09-29-2011
Out of state loyality. My youngest," kneedragger " is a senior there.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:58 AM 09-29-2011
Trivia question... when was the last time Florida was an home underdog?
[Reply]
Powers 08:47 AM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Trivia question... when was the last time Florida was an home underdog?
good question, don't know for sure. maybe the '06 Bama game, '08 LSU game, or if not I would think definitely sometime in the Ron Zook era
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 09:11 AM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
good question, don't know for sure. maybe the '06 Bama game, '08 LSU game
Way before these!!!
[Reply]
emopunker2004 09:12 AM 09-29-2011
Way before these!!!
Never? Because at the Swamp only Gators get out alive? :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 09:46 AM 09-29-2011
Way before these!!!
FSU '03. Google is my friend. :-) Roll Tide!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 11:58 AM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by rizzle:
FSU '03. Google is my friend. :-) Roll Tide!
Yep, and before that I think it was FSU at the '99 game.
[Reply]
Powers 12:23 PM 09-29-2011
Yep, and before that I think it was FSU at the '99 game.
Huh, interesting indeed. I'm extremely excited to see how Weis on offense and Muschamp/Quinn on defense go after the Tide schematically. We'll find out how good our 1st year group of coaches are on Saturday. Executing those schemes is the, well, elephant in the middle of the room :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 01:30 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
Huh, interesting indeed. I'm extremely excited to see how Weis on offense and Muschamp/Quinn on defense go after the Tide schematically. We'll find out how good our 1st year group of coaches are on Saturday. Executing those schemes is the, well, elephant in the middle of the room :-)
Yep, I am really excited to see how we stack up. Funny, though... I don't ever remember as many people asking "do you think we have a chance!" Have a chance!!! We are STILL the Gators and we have one or two athletes!!! Bama will be in the Swamp and the game time is 8:00. After drinking all day the fans will be in rare form and the place will be rocking.

Damn right we have a chance!!!! Go Gators!!!!
[Reply]
rizzle 01:41 PM 09-29-2011
Yep, I am really excited to see how we stack up. Funny, though... I don't ever remember as many people asking "do you think we have a chance!" Have a chance!!! We are STILL the Gators and we have one or two athletes!!! Bama will be in the Swamp and the game time is 8:00. After drinking all day the fans will be in rare form and the place will be rocking.

By the way...you get my text the other day?
[Reply]
Powers 03:34 PM 09-29-2011

I agree completely, and if it comes down to a field goal Sturgis has been rock solid from distance. Yet I am so jealous that UF has three home night games and I'm not there to partake in the shenanigans :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:54 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by rizzle:
By the way...you get my text the other day?
I don't text brother:-)

Sorry!!
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 07:38 PM 09-29-2011
Any chance Spurrier and USC (E) don't hang 50 on Auburn?
[Reply]
SvilleKid 08:29 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
Any chance Spurrier and USC (E) don't hang 50 on Auburn?
Auburn will be lucky to get out with only 50 scored against them, IMO! Their defense hasn't been on the field yet! No reason to think it will show up this weekend. Really embarrassing last week to have the most offensive yards ever scored against an SEC team ticked off against Auburn. I think they need to stop worrying the loss of Cam, and get to the police department to report the theft of their defense!
[Reply]
longknocker 03:55 AM 09-30-2011
I don't text brother:-)

Sorry!!
http://youtu.be/ueZGsuOvXlU :-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 04:39 AM 09-30-2011
Can't wait til Saturday Night. Go Gators!
[Reply]
OLS 06:08 AM 09-30-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Really embarrassing last week to have the most offensive yards ever scored against an SEC team ticked off against Auburn.
Really?? I would have sworn it was what WVU hung on LSU last weekend, lol.

As for me I am gonna go and have beers with my buddy Bill 86 in Nash Vegas, and crawl home
and catch the game on CBS, capping a fine day of fall enjoyment. If I don't get arrested on
the way home.
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:56 AM 09-30-2011
Don't get arrested, Brad!

Hey, I know this is the SEC thread, but us Clemson folk have opinions.

USC hasn't covered but once this year (against UGA), so I'm again taking Auburn with 11.5. Spurrier is still the best quarterback on the team and he should play at least one quarter tomorrow. He better be looking ahead to next year and who is going to lead the team.

I agree if Bama can play the game they have in the book, they will stomp Florida, which is also fine with me. Key is no turnovers.

Depending on which Les Miles shows up, the 28.5 spread is causing me some worry. I think I'll take them anyway, as Kentucky is not firing on all cylinders this year.

One would hope UGA cover cover 8.5 with Miss St. I betting on it. They'll be between the hedges, so that should give them more confidence.

I'm also taking my Tigers at +7.5. A victory will be sweet for the Tiger Nation who have suffered much inconsistency over the past years.

Go Orange (the Real one)!!!

Ok, I'll share the flag site for all you SEC fans!
http://ideaspot.net/flags/SEC/small/small.html
[Reply]
Page 7 of 33
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Up