Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 22
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
General Discussion>Second Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops
Mattso3000 01:06 PM 09-27-2011
If nobody takes me up on the fivers for the troops bet, I'll go vs. the field. If I end up in last this week that's 9 fivers for the troops. Hope that doesn't happen (more for my fantasy team than the troops)
[Reply]
shilala 02:44 PM 09-27-2011
Wow, Matt. That pretty much makes sure no one is going to take your bet. I'm gonna let you go vs. the field. :-)

Being as I had the highest points in the world last week, largest margin of victory, and a win, and had the lowest points in the world this week, largest margin of defeat, and a loss, I think I've proven there's no way to tell what I'm gonna do this coming week.
I'd be willing to bet a fiver of cc's, premium nc's, and throw in a troop fiver or tenner, or whatever, to whoever wants to go against me points vs. points this week.
So I'll pretty much bet anything, you name it. I'll even throw in a cat if I can find one.
Bring it, ladies. If there's any balls among any of you, that is...
[Reply]
Mattso3000 03:14 PM 09-27-2011
Almost assures me low score I would think.
[Reply]
shilala 04:54 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Almost assures me low score I would think.
Your matchups look good for a decent outing this week. I bet you hit 180, at least. I'd be happy with 5 points as long as my opponent has 4. 1-3 is not a good place to be, and it's looking like I don't get better till week six. Ouch.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 03:51 AM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Wow, Matt. That pretty much makes sure no one is going to take your bet. I'm gonna let you go vs. the field. :-)

Being as I had the highest points in the world last week, largest margin of victory, and a win, and had the lowest points in the world this week, largest margin of defeat, and a loss, I think I've proven there's no way to tell what I'm gonna do this coming week.
I'd be willing to bet a fiver of cc's, premium nc's, and throw in a troop fiver or tenner, or whatever, to whoever wants to go against me points vs. points this week.
So I'll pretty much bet anything, you name it. I'll even throw in a cat if I can find one.
Your on!!!!
[Reply]
Mattso3000 06:10 AM 09-28-2011
Foster looks to be active this week. Feel like I just got another first round draft pick!
[Reply]
shilala 09:05 AM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
Your on!!!!
What's the bet gonna be, Mike? You call it.
[Reply]
Stephen 06:48 PM 09-28-2011

You're on! PM Sent...:-)
[Reply]
Stephen 06:55 PM 09-28-2011
Your matchups look good for a decent outing this week. I bet you hit 180, at least. I'd be happy with 5 points as long as my opponent has 4. 1-3 is not a good place to be, and it's looking like I don't get better till week six. Ouch.
I'll just be happy when I can start the wide receivers I drafted to, you know, be starters...:-):-)
[Reply]
Stephen 07:59 PM 09-28-2011
Liking my team so far...how does everyone feel about the season so far? Let's get some troop bets going...who wants in for next week. Me vs. U, fivers for the troops.
Foster looks to be active this week. Feel like I just got another first round draft pick!
I'd like my team too if I was given Foster for free...:-)

That being said, I'm in.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 03:18 PM 09-29-2011
VERY IMPORTANT:
I will track your personal bets and troop smokes bets wins/losses/results and "who owes who what" on a spreadsheet thoughout the season but you have to send me the results of your bets each week. (Reason being, I can't see the bets you guys make by pm, etc.)
This way you can ask what you owe at any given time, or ask if you have betting smokes left if you've sent extra troop smokes ahead of time.
If two guys pm me with results from the same bet, that's no problem. Just please don't assume the other guy sent results.
Also please don't assume that posting your bet and results in our thread will be sufficient. It's not. I'll likely miss it or won't understand it.
Please pm me, it'll make everything run real smooth and I can post updates and stuff.

I mention this stuff because it was sheer hell last year and very confusing as to "who owed what and to whom" and I want to continue improving this model year-to-year so it just gets better.
If I keep track, then you guys can just have fun without worrying about details. :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 03:39 PM 09-29-2011
Just thought it would be a lot of smack talk going on...I know I like to do it. By the way, Sofaman, I already voted for myself week 1.:-):-)
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Smack talk is a form of discussion.
Therefore, general discussion suits this thread just fine! :-)

Doesn't matter where the thread is, all that maters is that you know in 18 weeks I'll be collecting my winnings! :-)
We're in week four, and hardly any smack talk has taken place in here this season, and none on the league homepage. Nutcheck time. Wow me with your vitriol. Between now and Monday night, whoever talks the best trash on their opponent, either here or on the league homepage, will get a nice 5er courtesy of yours truly. I'd imagine if some of you quit taking your Midol for a day or two that you ought to be good and ornery before kickoff on Sunday.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 04:12 PM 09-29-2011
I'll start my bench just to make it fair...
[Reply]
Bax 05:27 PM 09-29-2011
I'll start my bench just to make it fair...
How come you didn't do that last week!!!!:-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 06:00 PM 09-29-2011
Arian Foster was on the bench...he's bouncing up and down with his hand raised yelling "put me in coach". I think I might:-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 06:01 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Stephen:
I'd imagine if some of you quit taking your Midol for a day or two that you ought to be good and ornery before kickoff on Sunday.
Maybe they're still cramping up...:-):-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:05 PM 09-29-2011
Arian Foster was on the bench...he's bouncing up and down with his hand raised yelling "put me in coach". I think I might:-)
Good idea. What do you want for McCoy? No sense in him getting splinters.
[Reply]
shilala 06:13 PM 09-29-2011
Stephen and I have a bet for a fiver of cc's and a tenner for the troops this weekend.
Straight up me vs. him. May God take mercy on him, because I'm certainly not gonna. :-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 06:19 PM 09-29-2011
Good idea. What do you want for McCoy? No sense in him getting splinters.
PM sent, but not McCoy...
[Reply]
Stephen 08:05 PM 09-29-2011
Stephen and I have a bet for a fiver of cc's and a tenner for the troops this weekend.
Straight up me vs. him. May God take mercy on him, because I'm certainly not gonna. :-)
One might be inclined to disagree with you if they saw your lineup.:-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 22
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Up