Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 104
« First < 567 891757 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
icehog3 09:55 AM 11-14-2008
Heading to the Hawks - Blues game tonight, hoping for another big night from the kids with the indian heads on their chests. :-)
Nereus 10:08 AM 11-14-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
A terrible game for the Habs makes for a great day for the Bruins.:-)
Yup! and then last nights games... GO BRUINS! :-)
King James 10:12 AM 11-14-2008
happened a few weeks ago, but Sens signed Alfredsson for a few more years... makes me happy
ahc4353 10:32 AM 11-14-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Heading to the Hawks - Blues game tonight, hoping for another big night from the kids with the indian heads on their chests. :-)
Hope is a good thing. Reality is another. :-)
icehog3 02:37 PM 11-14-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Hope is a good thing. Reality is another. :-)
6-0-3 at home...pretty realistic in my eyes, my Brother. :-)
ahc4353 02:46 PM 11-14-2008
6-0-3 at home...pretty realistic in my eyes, my Brother. :-)
You are due for a rough night. Law of averages my posting friend. :-)

I wish you, and them luck. I was just havin a little fun at the Hawks expense.
icehog3 02:57 PM 11-14-2008
You are due for a rough night. Law of averages my posting friend. :-)

I wish you, and them luck. I was just havin a little fun at the Hawks expense.
Come on, Al, they gotta win if I am going to the game! :-)
ahc4353 02:59 PM 11-14-2008
Take your stuff!!! Ya never know when the coach might need ya!! Better to be ready than not.

Have fun. Hockey games are AWESOME!
icehog3 03:08 PM 11-14-2008
Take your stuff!!! Ya never know when the coach might need ya!! Better to be ready than not.

Have fun. Hockey games are AWESOME!
I would give my left grape for a shift in an NHL game....I could be the comedic entertainment for the fans! :-)
Waynegro1 03:09 PM 11-14-2008
Well, I'm hoping you have a disappointing evening, with all due respect!! :-) I'll be looking for you from my tv.
I have to say I don't have a lot of confidence going into this one. My Blues haven't won a game this month :-) and your Hawks have only lost one in OT.
I guess the streak on both sides has to stop at some point. Hopefully tonight!!! :-)
icehog3 03:19 PM 11-14-2008
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
Well, I'm hoping you have a disappointing evening, with all due respect!! :-) I'll be looking for you from my tv.
I have to say I don't have a lot of confidence going into this one. My Blues haven't won a game this month :-) and your Hawks have only lost one in OT.
I guess the streak on both sides has to stop at some point. Hopefully tonight!!! :-)
St Louis has had a tough start, though Captain Keith has started to look good. McDonald and Boyes give them a chance every night, and Kariya has always been a Hawk killer. Hopefully Queneville will start Khabibulin tonight, but we shall see.

I am sitting in the nosebleeds tonight, so I don't know if I will get the TV time like last season. I will be wearing my black Rockford Icehogs jersey, so if I do get on, you will know it is me! :-)
icehog3 03:26 PM 11-14-2008
For those of you who can watch the Wings - Panthers game, my friend is starting in goal for Florida...so for a change, I will actually be rooting against the Wings in a game where they don't play the Hawks.

Go Craig! :-)
icehog3 03:42 PM 11-14-2008
From FOX Sports:

Originally Posted by :
Barry Melrose's return to the NHL as coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning lasted 16 games.

The former television anaylst was fired Friday, less than five months after he left the booth to coach a team that finished with the league's worst record last season. Assistant Rick Tocchet was promoted to interim head coach

gpugliese 04:04 PM 11-14-2008
I'm not terribly too surprised about him getting the axe already, but it is a bit of a disappointment.

About a month before the season started I ran into him at a cigar bar in Boston. Didn't really get a chance to talk at length, but he was excited and looking forward to coaching again.

I'm curious to see how long it takes ESPN to sign him as a commentator again... I seem to remember Eddie O getting back on VS pretty quickly after the Pens fired him.
Prefy 04:07 PM 11-14-2008
I heard a lot of interesting things about Tampa Management from people in the know over the summer.

It seems most are trying to avoid the team like the plague:-)
Waynegro1 06:53 PM 11-14-2008
Turn over after turn over. The Blues have got to be smarter at the "Blue line". :-)
Sorry about the during game commentary. I had to vent!!
Waynegro1 09:28 PM 11-14-2008
The Blues pull it off in OT. Finally a win in Chicago!!!
My condolences Icehog :-)
icehog3 11:37 PM 11-14-2008
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
The Blues pull it off in OT. Finally a win in Chicago!!!
My condolences Icehog :-)
None necessary, it was a great game live! Hawks salvage a point after playing 10 of the worst minutes of the season to start the game. Penalties in OT are killers, 4 on 3 creates too much open ice and are so much tougher to defend than 5 on 4s.

Seeing Byfuglien thump Keith Tkachuk was worth the price of admission alone...Captain Keith has really become quite the jag in his later years. :-)
Goz 02:59 PM 11-15-2008
Hawks name Denis Savard club ambassador

Good job on the Hawks part. It was tough to see him go, but they are treating him right.
icehog3 04:29 PM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by Goz:
Hawks name Denis Savard club ambassador

Good job on the Hawks part. It was tough to see him go, but they are treating him right.
Pat Foley had to cut off the ovation Savard received from the United Center crowd when he was introduced during the Pilote / Magnuson ceremony so the game could proceed. It was a wonderful moment for Savard
Page 7 of 104
« First < 567 891757 > Last »
Up