Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 567 89 >
General Discussion>Origin of User Names?
Skywalker 07:20 PM 06-04-2010
It's the name of the street I live on!!!
[Reply]
Steve 10:43 PM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
have had this user name for years and it would fit on a license plate
was going to use "smilesalot" but it wouldn't fit on a license plate
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
jaydub13 12:21 AM 06-05-2010
No real story behind mine... first initial(jay), last initial(dub, for w), and my lucky number...
[Reply]
longknocker 04:55 AM 06-05-2010
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
so you're not an exiled p*rn star :-)

have had this user name for years and it would fit on a license plate
was going to use "smilesalot" but it wouldn't fit on a license plate
:-) Love It!:-)
[Reply]
DropTheE 10:31 AM 06-16-2010
Mine comes from a guitar tuning, Dropped D Tuning. In order to get a dropped d tuning you have to drop the low e to a low d.

It is a really cool tuning and has alot of balls and chunk to it.

Hence:
DropTheE!!

On a funnier note, on another board I was asked if I liked to take alot of ecstasy and so I liked to drop the e!! :-)
To be honest I never thought of it that way, I like my origin better, it's much more healthy.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:35 AM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by DropTheE:
Mine comes from a guitar tuning, Dropped D Tuning. In order to get a dropped d tuning you have to drop the low e to a low d.

It is a really cool tuning and has alot of balls and chunk to it.

Hence:
DropTheE!!

On a funnier note, on another board I was asked if I liked to take alot of ecstasy and so I liked to drop the e!! :-)
To be honest I never thought of it that way, I like my origin better, it's much more healthy.
To be honest, that's the first thing I thought of (ecstacy) when I saw your name, but I think I dig the real reason better. I have an acoustic guitar and two electric bass guitars, none of which I know how to play! :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:43 AM 06-16-2010
Simple for me too....see avatar....if ash doesn't fall on my shirt, I ain't smokin'!
[Reply]
DropTheE 10:49 AM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
To be honest, that's the first thing I thought of (ecstacy) when I saw your name, but I think I dig the real reason better. I have an acoustic guitar and two electric bass guitars, none of which I know how to play! :-)

Thanks Bro!! And it is NEVER too late to pick them up and plunk around! Stay Tuned!!
[Reply]
Volusianator 10:58 AM 06-16-2010
In 2003, I bought a Suzuki Volusia motorcycle. A few days later I was searching the net for "Volusia" and came across a web forum for the bike, being that I'd never been on a forum before at that time, I learned that to join, I needed a screen name. Well, the night before, I watched The Terminator on TV, so, basically just combined the two and came up with "The Volusianator." The last couple years I dropped "The" and just used "Volusianator" as I got lazy.
[Reply]
colinb913 12:07 PM 06-23-2010
Bump back.. Dont let this die. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
OLS 12:18 PM 06-24-2010
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
UFPowersmoker320

UF is were i am a proud alumni :-)

Powers is my last name
Ahhh, I always thought it was like you power-smoked all your cigars.
I can smoke that double corona in twenty minutes, lol.

I hate threads like this, cause mostly people should keep their personal
info to themselves when they are actively breaking the law. But if Tom
can do it, what the hell. There used to be a place called the Ceegar Afishionado
forums, and everybody there was a jag-off, troll-hunting, pack-mentality, low-rent
F*%K. Well, almost everybody. I lost my old handle in a software change, and
when I came back, everybody thought I was somebody else, someone they had
already black-balled out of town. But it wasn't me. So they all started screaming
and jumping up and down on their branches and throwing feces, and I thought,
sheesh, screw this place. Then I went to a forum called Club Stogie, where they
wre supposed to be normal and accepting. My chosen Club Stogie handle was
One Lonely Smoker, cause I was the only one it seemed who thought something
was bad wrong at CA, and I left rather than continue beating my head against the wall.
They accepted me pretty fast at CS, and no one wanted to typy out my handle
when they mentioned my name, they just typed OLS. So I figured when this place
got started, might as well start that way and save folks the trouble.
[Reply]
Sailchaser 01:06 PM 06-24-2010
Sailchaser comes from the fact that I chase after sailboats with the powerboat to take pictures and chase after fish like sail fish and oh yea I chase a gal called SailKat:-):-):-)
[Reply]
BigCat 01:07 PM 06-24-2010
My friends in college at one point claimed I look like Will Ferrell. I don't see it. In any event, we were watching Old School and Luke Wilson's character said "easy, big cat" to Frank the Tank. It was immediately applied to me. Some of them will still meow at me when I answer the phone.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:10 PM 06-24-2010
I've read through all 133 of these posts and not many of the old dogs posting. I've been waiting on the big dogs to post in this thread forever.

TOE, where you at? Official banter thread with Icehog posters where you at? Masshole banterers where you at? SoCal members, where you at?
[Reply]
colinb913 05:18 PM 06-24-2010
Yeah, I was really wanting to hear the ToE and other people, like reallllly weird names. :P
OLS whos breaking the law..?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
pnoon 05:25 PM 06-24-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
My username is my real name.

Pnoon is his first initial and last name.
Longknocker is.. well...:-)
Icehog3 is the team he plays for.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Peter, Greg, and Tom.

Cool idea for a thread.
No correction needed.
:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:36 PM 06-24-2010
Originally Posted by colinb913:
Bump back.. Dont let this die. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
One member of the TOE has responded. It won't die yet.

Perhaps it could become a sticky if enough of the originals respond and it would be a great place for new members to give their explanation for their user names as well.
[Reply]
colinb913 05:41 PM 06-24-2010
Wishful thinking Andy.. ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Superbad 05:57 PM 06-24-2010
Way back when, I started playing Quake 2 and Quakeworld online. I used the name Superbad after the James Brown song. It just stuck with me. People now think it is from the movie, but it predates it by at least 15 years.
[Reply]
captain53 06:00 PM 06-24-2010
I am a licensed boat captain and way back when ran big boats and many of my long time friends call me Captain Dave.:-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 567 89 >
Up