Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 567 89 >
All Cigar Discussion>Most powerful cigar you ever smoked?
Texan in Mexico 12:12 PM 03-19-2009
The most powerful cigar I have ever smoked has got to be cuadruple ligero Party Custom I had with Wallace over at LCDH GC. I did a review here - man that was a powerful stick!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:27 PM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by Taboo Cigars:
:-) Sorry Guys! The blend is too much for some and not enough for others. We actually made it stronger about a year ago and it was too strong for me, so we have been blending less Ligero (this last year) than we did on the original production. Starts off mild to me but can sneak up on ya. Eat first! The strength should kick in about 1/4 into it and level off about 1/3 to 1/2 way in.
:-) Flavor should increase until the finish.
Wow! So now I have original Originals! Torp and Lancero. I would have to say that they don't taste too strong and that may be part of why they sneak up on you.
[Reply]
rizzle 12:48 PM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by CBI_2:
Wow! I have never had one cigar totally kick my behind. Got a little light headed near the end of my first triple maduro Camacho but I smoked it on an empty stomach.

The only other time was New Years Eve of 06/07. I had just started smoking 12/03/06 and I was half way through my 4th cigar of the night, an Indios Puros, when I got light headed and thought "Holy Cr*P! I need to put this down before I fall out."
Yeah, but you're a real man Paul.
:-)
[Reply]
Super3 12:58 PM 03-19-2009
The San Cristobals from Ashton always kick me hard.
Get a little woozy and light-headed.

[Reply]
FullBodied 01:53 PM 03-19-2009
IMHO if you want strength, try a LFD DL700. One of my staples, definitely satisfies!:-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 06:19 PM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Yeah, but you're a real man Paul.
:-):-) And don't you forget it. :-)
[Reply]
ca21455 06:35 PM 03-19-2009
Had a freshly hand rolled cigar at a Mexican resort a couple of years back that really kicked my butt. The roller asked if I liked strong cigars and of course I said yes. He smiled and rolled this beauty and handed it to me. I paid him, put it carefully in my pocket and went to dinner. Smoked it watching the sunset. The combination of a full day, many free drinks and the cigar made it quite difficult to maneuver back to the room. :-)
[Reply]
Sam Leccia 07:03 PM 03-19-2009
The most powerful cigar that I smoked that is a production cigar, would be the El Cobre.
[Reply]
Walt 07:46 AM 03-20-2009
First one to ever make me a little sick to the stomach was a Camacho SLR shortly after I started getting into the hobby. After that it was a custom rolled stick made by Gilberto Oliva that found its way to me. That one didn't make me sick to the stomach, but I couldn't taste another cigar for a day or so and I got a headache.

Latest one to make me feel a little ill was a Litto Gomez Cheroot (Ice Pick). The person that give it to me neglected to mention that it was all ligero as I lit it up before lunch one day at the local shop.

Anymore it seems like I can handle many of the powerhouses without issue, just need to make sure I smoke them later in the day and I'm fine.
[Reply]
Robert Mabona 09:12 PM 03-23-2009
LFD Double Ligero Chisel. It has one hour dimensions and it took me 2 hours 20 minutes of sweating and relighting. Punishment was worth the crime. I felt like I should have been looking over my shoulder for blue lights.
[Reply]
Robert Mabona 09:49 PM 03-23-2009
A close second was the Camacho Limited Edition Natural 6"x48/54/48. It offered no reprieve throughout.
[Reply]
tobii3 10:00 PM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by Walt:
Latest one..Litto Gomez Cheroot (Ice Pick)
...aka ""Crack Stick""..YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!
[Reply]
flat6nut 07:01 PM 06-30-2009
Some good ideas here for my next cigar quest. I can honestly say that I have never had any type of buzz from a cigar, but I would love to try one that has a chance of it.
[Reply]
bowhnter 08:00 PM 06-30-2009
Even though it is supposed to be closer to medium, and I love their fullest LX2, a CAO Criollo did it for me.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:32 PM 06-30-2009
LFD Double Ligero Chisel made me dizzzzzzzzzzzzzy.
[Reply]
hornitosmonster 09:42 PM 06-30-2009
Custom Rolled & Blended Habanos Torres Cigar...
[Reply]
SmokinCozy 11:52 PM 06-30-2009
A friend and myself after only a few months in to this world had a fresh Opus Robusto. We were both sick to our stomachs and couldn't finish the sticks. We split the box and I could touch another for a year, and when I did, I thought it was just an ok cigar and not worth the hype. I tried another a year later and was one of the best cigars I have had. I was able to get a few aged, and now I will not smoke a young Opus. I just received some and was thinking of taking the jump on a fresh one again to see if I have grown up :-)
[Reply]
WyGuy 05:01 PM 07-01-2009
The other night I had a moderately fresh Opus X Robusto and it kicked my ass, to date the most powerful I've smoked.
[Reply]
flat6nut 05:38 PM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
LFD Double Ligero Chisel made me dizzzzzzzzzzzzzy.

Isnt that Rush Limbaugh's fave smoke?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:49 PM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by flat6nut:
Isn't that Rush Limbaugh's fave smoke?
It's his favorite nc. :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 567 89 >
Up