Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 567 8 >
Entertainment>Justified - DISCUSSION THREAD
kickerb 07:15 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
I saw this show before when it was called DEADWOOD. JK< I am sure I don't get the channel that it's on.
But I saw that trailer you guys linked to and thought, where's the horses?
I have not watched Deadwood, but it is on my 'to watch' list. :-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 07:17 AM 05-05-2011
Speaking of other series, I want to trade good cigars for borrowing someone's copies of the Wire.
[Reply]
kickerb 08:23 AM 05-05-2011
Yeah, I have heard really good things about `The Wire`.
[Reply]
Humpdebump 02:46 PM 05-05-2011
Just watched the finale. I thought this season was great, it had alot going on. That said, I thought that the finale was a little disappointing. I still thought it was good but I don't think it left anything on the table where I was like " wow, I can't wait for next season ". Don't get me wrong it was good but not like SOA, where I was like Holy Sh$t. Although the head shot was surprising. I'll add that I watched Deadwood and The Wire when they were on and thought both series were great.
[Reply]
SNKBYT 03:03 PM 05-05-2011
I saw this show before when it was called DEADWOOD. JK< I am sure I don't get the channel that it's on.
But I saw that trailer you guys linked to and thought, where's the horses?
no horses & not every other word spoken is "c*ck sucker".......still a good show though......see ya next season
[Reply]
OLS 07:24 AM 05-06-2011
Kicker, that's what I said last year, and I topped the Deadwood thread as if it was the first week of episodes
or something and went on and on, thrilled that anyone would talk to me about the show that they had all seen
already. It IS GOOD. I'll give it proper respect. But I am too cheap to even have whatever channel Justified
is on, lol. Give me my good old antennies. Antennas create a MONSTER HD signal, btw. I just don't have cable.
But I DO get PBS in HD, which is all I really need. What was I talking about? :-)
[Reply]
OLS 07:25 AM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
no horses & not every other word spoken is "c*ck sucker".......still a good show though......see ya next season
Kentucky and NO HORSES??? Next you are gonna tell me there's no WHISKEY.
[Reply]
kickerb 07:34 AM 05-06-2011
Kicker, that's what I said last year, and I topped the Deadwood thread as if it was the first week of episodes
or something and went on and on, thrilled that anyone would talk to me about the show that they had all seen
already. It IS GOOD. I'll give it proper respect. But I am too cheap to even have whatever channel Justified
is on, lol. Give me my good old antennies. Antennas create a MONSTER HD signal, btw. I just don't have cable.
But I DO get PBS in HD, which is all I really need. What was I talking about? :-)
No cable!?! Justified come on FXnetworks. I've been trying to find The Wire, but I cannot find it in HD, which is a problem for me. I love my HD!!!
[Reply]
kickerb 07:35 AM 05-06-2011
btw, love that new avatar :-)
[Reply]
Eleven 08:36 PM 05-09-2011
I thought it was a great season, and although the finale didn't end with a cliff-hanger, it left enough open so that next season it can either pick up right there, or pull a '24' and jump forward and just explain things in whatever way they want.

I can see Dickie coming back, and of course Boyd can't go away. I even dig the 'mobster' type guy, Wynn Duffy. Loved him as 'Kirk' on "Dear John" way way back in the 80s.

I was guessing that Winona would be killed in the finale. No way Raylan settles down and has a kid. And he just ain't the same if he ain't banging women folk all over. I bet she leaves, goes back to Gary, miscarries, or something else tragic next season.

I can't wait for next season!
[Reply]
kickerb 02:30 PM 01-17-2012
Season 3 starts tonight!!!! Who's excited!?!

Me! Me! Me!
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 02:47 PM 01-17-2012
I'll be watching great show :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 02:49 PM 01-17-2012
I'll be watching :-)
[Reply]
kickerb 02:52 PM 01-17-2012
The previews are been pretty exciting to watch, maybe we will get tons of action this season? Also, i like the new characters.
[Reply]
Bill86 02:56 PM 01-17-2012
I haven't seen or read anything about it. Just waiting to watch the premiere.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:53 PM 01-17-2012
Good start for the season.

Not digging the recycled characters though. Actors/Actresses need to stick to one show.

Raylan's woman (Natalie Zea) was on Californication as Hank's woman of one year.
The Ice Pick dude is Quinn on Dexter
The guy Raylan never wanted to have a conversation with again is Anson on Burn Notice

I'd like to see some original faces.

That said it was a good first episode, the sliding of the table cloth was pretty slick. Not sure how much I buy a gun shot wound to the left side as throwing off his aim THAT much. Movement and streetwork, definitely but shooting...eh...
[Reply]
newcigarz 07:09 AM 01-18-2012
Great first episode. Looks like its going to be a good season.
[Reply]
kydsid 07:29 AM 01-18-2012
Great episode but I feel like I missed something, or forgot, when the heck did Maggs kill herself?
[Reply]
Bill86 07:30 AM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Great episode but I feel like I missed something, or forgot, when the heck did Maggs kill herself?
IIRC she drank the poison liquor or whatever in the finale.
[Reply]
kickerb 10:43 AM 01-19-2012
i liked the cast iron skillet to the face, badass :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 567 8 >
Up