Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 567 89 > Last »
Sports>Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"
dunng 08:12 PM 10-11-2009
Originally Posted by dogface_313:
Pretty close.

NFL Overtime rules are horrible. I have been saying this for a while. They should take a note from college football.
:-) 100%!
[Reply]
VTDragon 09:04 AM 10-12-2009
Tough loss to Belicheck's former pupil.

Some observations:

The Pats won the first half, Broncos won the second half and then Broncos won the OT.

Broncos made better half time adjustments than Patriots. (Score one for the pupil)

Broncos were more inovative with their offense than Patriots, (score 2 for the pupil)

Patriots were hitting harder in the first half, (terrific protection for Brady) but seemed to back off during the second half and OT. The team was uncharacteristically flustered when they were unable to connect on their offensive schemes.

Patriots defense was picked apart by the Broncos being very Patriots like with a short passing game to lots of different receivers. Belicheck should be able to defend against this.

Patriots do need to sign Junior. That defense is in need of some passion. Allowing the Broncos to drive the length of the field in the fourth quarter
was just plain unacceptable.

Finally, it was not a good day for Tom Brady. Even an average game from him and the Patriots win this in spite of the defensive lapses.

Congrats to Denver for a good win. Now we put this behind us and bring on the Titans.
[Reply]
Resipsa 02:50 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
Tough loss to Belicheck's former pupil.

Some observations:

The Pats won the first half, Broncos won the second half and then Broncos won the OT.

Broncos made better half time adjustments than Patriots. (Score one for the pupil)

Broncos were more inovative with their offense than Patriots, (score 2 for the pupil)

Patriots were hitting harder in the first half, (terrific protection for Brady) but seemed to back off during the second half and OT. The team was uncharacteristically flustered when they were unable to connect on their offensive schemes.

Patriots defense was picked apart by the Broncos being very Patriots like with a short passing game to lots of different receivers. Belicheck should be able to defend against this.

Patriots do need to sign Junior. That defense is in need of some passion. Allowing the Broncos to drive the length of the field in the fourth quarter
was just plain unacceptable.

Finally, it was not a good day for Tom Brady. Even an average game from him and the Patriots win this in spite of the defensive lapses.

Congrats to Denver for a good win. Now we put this behind us and bring on the Titans.
I'm curious as to why you think signing a 50 year linebacker who played poorly his last few years is going to help your team?
[Reply]
The Poet 02:58 PM 10-12-2009
NFL Overtime rules are horrible. I have been saying this for a while. They should take a note from college football.
Mayhaps you have held this opinion "for a while", yet I doubt if you'd have expressed it had the ball been off the other foot. :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:43 PM 10-12-2009
I pin this loss on Brady, his inability to move the ball down field, 5-6 yard passes to Welker just don't cut it, the TD pass to Watson was thrown behind him.
Zero catches for Moss, on top of that no running game.
The way I see it this year the Pats have gone from one of the elite teams, to just a good team.
That can change, but I just don't see the personnel to make it happen.
[Reply]
dogface_313 04:21 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Mayhaps you have held this opinion "for a while", yet I doubt if you'd have expressed it had the ball been off the other foot. :-)
So now you are making a judgment about my integrity?
[Reply]
The Poet 04:24 PM 10-12-2009
So now you are making a judgment about my integrity?
No, not at all. Just pointing out that it's human nature to dislike something that does not benefit oneself, yet accept it if it does. If that offends you, then :-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 11:32 AM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
I'm curious as to why you think signing a 50 year linebacker who played poorly his last few years is going to help your team?
Experience, passion, knowledge and most of all LEADERSHIP. That is what Junior brings to the table and that is what this defense needs right now.
[Reply]
Resipsa 12:17 PM 10-14-2009
Experience, passion, knowledge and most of all LEADERSHIP. That is what Junior brings to the table and that is what this defense needs right now.
No, what your team needs is guys with talent who can play. I bantered with about this going back at least a couple of years now, the pats were an old, slow team then and they've just gotten older and slower. Your watching the swan song now. They've drafted poorly for
several years, and the chickens are coming home to
roost. Look at their offense. Who are the playmakers they've drafted over the past 5 years? Same for defense, with Mayo the exception and one year does not a star make. I see watching the playoffs in their future for years to come
[Reply]
VTDragon 10:19 AM 10-15-2009
I bantered with you about this going back at least a couple of years now, the pats were an old, slow team then ...
Let's see a couple of years ago .... that would be the team that went 16-0 in the regular season and only lost the Super Bowl to a miracle catch against the helmet? Maybe you were thinking of the team that lost the best QB in football last year and just barely missed the playoffs with a backup QB who didn't even play in college. I'll take our old and slow team vs. the Colts anytime.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:26 AM 10-15-2009
Let's see a couple of years ago .... that would be the team that went 16-0 in the regular season and only lost the Super Bowl to a miracle catch against the helmet? Maybe you were thinking of the team that lost the best QB in football last year and just barely missed the playoffs with a backup QB who didn't even play in college. I'll take our old and slow team vs. the Colts anytime.
:-)
Big fan here of that team with that miracle catch.
In fact, we can even call it a greater miracle than the immaculate conception.
In fact, we can call it a greater miracle than life, the planets, the universe.

Whatever we call it, we will still have to call the Giants "Super Bowl Champions" for that year.
16-0 was great for the Patriots BUT it was that last one that got away that truly mattered.

As to the second part, BARELY generally counts for very little.:-) My boss would never pay me for barely completing my job.

Sorry, on top of a dedicated Giants fan, I am a dedicated hate any team from the Boston area person also. Yup, Yankees fan here also.
[Reply]
Resipsa 11:14 AM 10-15-2009
Let's see a couple of years ago .... that would be the only team In NFL history to go 16-0 in the regular season and lose the Super Bowl ? Maybe you were thinking of the team that lost the best QB in football last year and just barely missed the playoffs with a backup QB who didn't even play in college. I'll take our old and slow team vs. the Colts anytime.

:-)Manning has never played for the Patsies...:-)

And I corrected your post for you.......:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 02:55 PM 10-15-2009
:-)Manning has never played for the Patsies...:-)

And I corrected your post for you.......:-)
Neither one of them have played for the patsies.
[Reply]
VTDragon 02:15 PM 10-16-2009
We'll see how the current version of the Dolts do against the Patriots on Nov 15th.
[Reply]
Resipsa 03:49 PM 10-17-2009
We'll see how the current version of the Dolts do against the Patriots on Nov 15th.
Yes. We will.:-)

On a lighter note, little Tommy Brady needs to toughen up a little bit. Here's the link to the entire article, http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12373081

but check this quote:

" Brady, the 2007 MVP, was at the center of a brouhaha in Week 4, when two of New England's touchdowns against Baltimore were set up by roughing-the-passer calls. Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who was fined Friday for hits in last weekend's loss to Cincinnati, found it "embarrassing to the game." His teammate Terrell Suggs said, "Maybe next year it'll be two-hand touch to get a sack."

Brady's take? He's not in Favre's camp on this.

"Are you kidding me? We're holding the ball, we're unprotected, just sitting there defenseless. So they've got to stay away from me," he said. "They deserve to get flagged."
[Reply]
dogface_313 02:23 PM 10-18-2009
I guess it really is rough to be on top, I love the people that continually come in this thread simply to hate on the Patriots. Yes, they are not as good as they have been in the past. No, they are not a bad team. No, the refs don't decide games. Players know the rules, don't break them. Roughing the Passer Penalties are barely up this year, and are lower than other years.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=4538968
Ray Lewis has always been a cry baby, it is always somebody else fault in his mind. Did anybody hear the Patriots whining, like the rest of the league does now, after the Giants won?

Oh yeah, GO PATS.
[Reply]
dogface_313 02:30 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
:-)
Big fan here of that team with that miracle catch.
In fact, we can even call it a greater miracle than the immaculate conception.
In fact, we can call it a greater miracle than life, the planets, the universe.

Whatever we call it, we will still have to call the Giants "Super Bowl Champions" for that year.
16-0 was great for the Patriots BUT it was that last one that got away that truly mattered.

As to the second part, BARELY generally counts for very little.:-) My boss would never pay me for barely completing my job.

Sorry, on top of a dedicated Giants fan, I am a dedicated hate any team from the Boston area person also. Yup, Yankees fan here also.
Those Giants played well today. They were almost doubled up. Eli Manning is a whiner just like his brother. Plantar Fasciitis?!?! I have battled this for a long time, it does hurt, but it has never kept me from doing my job.
[Reply]
Resipsa 02:53 PM 10-18-2009
I love guys who don't know the history behind things, yet weigh in on things anyways:-)
[Reply]
dunng 03:07 PM 10-18-2009
Who the F$#@ cares about history, we are talking about this season and then get stuck hearing from everyone who dislikes the Pats...
[Reply]
Resipsa 03:17 PM 10-18-2009
Patriots fans have been dishing it out to fans of other teams for a long time both here and at CS, and you really shouldn't dish it out if you can't take it. :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 16
« First < 567 89 > Last »
Up