Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 34
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!
longknocker 06:49 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
Well if you aleady own the app, you can just go to the app store (either with your device or with iTunes) and you should automatically see the update. let me know if this doesn't work for you.
Got it, Bro! I thought I was "Buying" the app again, but the site gave me the update for free! Thanks again for such a great app! Works so much better than any other cigar app I have!:-)
[Reply]
Mirrorlure7m 08:29 PM 04-15-2009
What version should it be ? I have 1.1.0 is that the latest version ?
[Reply]
longknocker 08:31 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by Mirrorlure7m:
What version should it be ? I have 1.1.0 is that the latest version ?
Yes!:-)
[Reply]
Mirrorlure7m 08:33 PM 04-15-2009
Alrighty good deal. I wanted to make sure I was all up to date.
[Reply]
sikk50 11:17 PM 04-15-2009
Here's a glitch for you Ken. After deleting an Opus Ronusto from I hit back to fuente the back to my cigars and it pulls up the same screen (fuente) again hit it again same deal, after the forth or fifth try it crashes. Open back up then went to delete a taboo torpedo and back to taboo then when hitting back to my cigars same thing after the forth or fifth try crashed. This was all done while deleting cigars from one of my humis.
[Reply]
KenS 06:24 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Here's a glitch for you Ken. After deleting an Opus Ronusto from I hit back to fuente the back to my cigars and it pulls up the same screen (fuente) again hit it again same deal, after the forth or fifth try it crashes. Open back up then went to delete a taboo torpedo and back to taboo then when hitting back to my cigars same thing after the forth or fifth try crashed. This was all done while deleting cigars from one of my humis.
yep, you are the 2nd person to report that behavior. I did find the bug; it's exactly one line of code in the program. I was hoping to get some new feature stuff implemented and included in the next update, but I can't let this linger out there with a bug in it. I'll see if I can ship out a quick verion 1.1.1 update to fix this one item. (although "quick" is relative: it seems to take Apple about a week to review and approve any updates).

Thanks for the heads up.
[Reply]
KenS 06:53 AM 04-16-2009
Version 1.1.1 was just sent to Apple, with this bug fix as the only change. Now, back to adding new features :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 03:30 AM 04-21-2009
Just installed it, its the 1.1.0 version (just got it from the itunes store) first app I ever bought for my ipod touch, thanks!
[Reply]
KenS 07:08 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyNL:
Just installed it, its the 1.1.0 version (just got it from the itunes store) first app I ever bought for my ipod touch, thanks!
Great, thanks for your support. :-)

FYI, the 1.1.1 release is still "in review" at Apple. It has only the one bug fix, and should get released any day now.

The next release that I'm working on now will be a much bigger change. Along with a few smaller items, the big item is a "live update" feature that will allow users to click a button in the app to get database updates automatically. This will allow me to add new cigars, and add/correct information on existing cigars without going through a whole update cycle with Apple, and has been the #1 requested feature from users.

There is a lot of stuff to do around this feature, so probably another week of coding and testing before sending it to Apple. This is probably a "version 1.5" type of update. Version 2.0 is still targeting a whole section on smoking notes/reviews, etc.

Oh yeah, one more update: the app has now been sold in 21 countries :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 07:11 AM 04-21-2009
Congrats on helping another country slide down the slope Ken! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 02:01 PM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Congrats on helping another country slide down the slope Ken! :-)
Thanks, Ken!:-)
[Reply]
Mirrorlure7m 03:37 PM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
Great, thanks for your support. :-)

FYI, the 1.1.1 release is still "in review" at Apple. It has only the one bug fix, and should get released any day now.

The next release that I'm working on now will be a much bigger change. Along with a few smaller items, the big item is a "live update" feature that will allow users to click a button in the app to get database updates automatically. This will allow me to add new cigars, and add/correct information on existing cigars without going through a whole update cycle with Apple, and has been the #1 requested feature from users.

There is a lot of stuff to do around this feature, so probably another week of coding and testing before sending it to Apple. This is probably a "version 1.5" type of update. Version 2.0 is still targeting a whole section on smoking notes/reviews, etc.

Oh yeah, one more update: the app has now been sold in 21 countries :-)

I am so happy you got this added I know I was one of the ones who made requests for you to do the live update feature. Now you can add so much stuff. This is a great new feature coming !
[Reply]
tenbaseg 03:47 PM 04-21-2009
Wow, the live updates would be awesome. Thanks for all the work you've put into this. I hope it's paying off.
[Reply]
white_s2k 02:58 PM 05-04-2009
Got an iPod touch this week and this is the first app I downloaded! Working great so far.. thanks Ken!
[Reply]
mkr160 02:58 PM 05-05-2009
Hey Ken. Where do we stand on any new updates? Got the first one. Love the app. Thanks.
[Reply]
mkr160 02:59 PM 05-05-2009
Also, when do you think the notes and review sections will be added? Thanks.
[Reply]
white_s2k 08:06 PM 05-28-2009
Hey Ken I'm loving the app, got any new updates coming soon?
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 12:15 AM 05-29-2009
Awesome work bro. Just purchased it :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 12:04 PM 05-29-2009
Been playing around with the app and I'm really enjoying it. The "my humidor" part is really neat as I can keep track of my inventory on the fly (which I've sorely needed to do for awhile now anyway) and I REALLY love the "web search" portion of the program :-)

As with others I would like to see some single cigar pics next to each description (similar to the pics on cigars-review) but I'm sure you're already working on it :-)
[Reply]
hikari 12:58 PM 05-29-2009
Hey Ken.

Just a FYI the app is crashing allot on the dev v3 version beta5

I added a new humidor, (home) added cigar partages shots to the list filled in all the info save.

Then when i goto my cigars and click on my humidor crashes at that point.
Cleared memory tried again same thing
Restarted phone tried again same thing
[Reply]
Page 7 of 34
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Up