« First < 567 89 >
All Cigar Discussion>Buried cigars?
longknocker 04:13 PM 07-29-2010
I Knew You Could Do It, Brother!:-):-)
[Reply]
Hoosierguy 04:18 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
Well done, brother. :-)
I'm happy to announce, there are now 52 happy cigars sleeping in the Cigar Sewer!

I made a pouch inside the tube to hold a torch lighter and cutter.
Now, if my wife lock me outside in my underwear, I can at least have a smoke!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 04:24 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by Hoosierguy:
I'm happy to announce, there are now 52 happy cigars sleeping in the Cigar Sewer!
Taking a dirt nap?
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 04:34 PM 07-29-2010
Excellent job! :-)
[Reply]
shooter21489 06:18 PM 07-29-2010
I say go for it! I also live on a slab in Indiana, but fortunately I have central air. If, however, I did not have a/c, I would probably take this idea as genius and join!

*edit*
upon further reading, I now know that you went through. I'm proud to tears.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:36 PM 07-29-2010
I gotta admit... when you started this thread I thought you were nuts. I apologize... your solution is pretty darn cool!!!
[Reply]
massphatness 06:45 PM 07-29-2010
Props for following through. As this hobby grabs hold of you though, don't be surprised to find yourself wanting to dig more (and bigger) holes.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Hoosierguy 07:19 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Props for following through. As this hobby grabs hold of you though, don't be surprised to find yourself wanting to dig more (and bigger) holes.
Posted via Mobile Device
I could fit 150 in the bottom 1/3 of the pipe if I had the right shaped and size containers for the cigars.
The caddys work fine but don't make good use of the 8" dia. pipe.
I've seen some larger round tupperwear type containers that could hold mucho smokes.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:25 PM 07-29-2010
:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:29 PM 07-29-2010

I made a pouch inside the tube to hold a torch lighter and cutter.
Now, if my wife lock me outside in my underwear, I can at least have a smoke!
:-) That is awesome! :-)
[Reply]
waffle 07:33 PM 07-29-2010
Sticktuitiveness at its most awesome!
[Reply]
massphatness 07:44 PM 07-29-2010
I could fit 150 in the bottom 1/3 of the pipe if I had the right shaped and size containers for the cigars.
The caddys work fine but don't make good use of the 8" dia. pipe.
I've seen some larger round tupperwear type containers that could hold mucho smokes.
Understood.

For a point of reference though, I started out 4+ years ago with a small 100 ct humi. I now own three cabinets and newly 4,000 cigars. And I am far from unique.

Just sayin'

This has been a fun thread to watch and I wish you much success with your McGuyver-esque solution. But it won't surprise should you find yourself craving a bigger pipe in relatively short order.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Patrick B 01:49 AM 07-30-2010
Wow.
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:58 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
This has been a fun thread to watch and I wish you much success with your McGuyver-esque solution. But it won't surprise should you find yourself craving a bigger pipe in relatively short order.
Posted via Mobile Device

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am (no joke) already looking at my 300ct humidor and thinking... "Damn, this thing is tiny!" ... And when I was originally going to order, I only thought I would ever need a 100ct.

It's only been a few weeks and I am already wanting to upgrade. There is one fortunate thing that is holding me back tho. Money... I can not afford anything larger, I can barely afford the one I have now haha.

But yeah, I still think you will end up getting a cooler to place in your house, you would be surprised the cold dark corners you can find in your house that you didn't even think about.
[Reply]
Hoosierguy 05:45 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Look at page 5 of this thread
[Reply]
Hoosierguy 06:02 AM 07-30-2010
I should mention that the lid was originally a gasketed lid, meant to fit very tightly on the pipe. The gasket was removed so that the lid could easily slide on and off the 8" dia. pipe.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:21 AM 07-30-2010
I should mention that the lid was originally a gasketed lid, meant to fit very tightly on the pipe. The gasket was removed so that the lid could easily slide on and off the 8" dia. pipe.
:-) Pics, Please!:-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:24 AM 07-30-2010
he already did!

Here is the 8" PVC tube. It's 54" tall!

Hook for rope:

Lid:

Looking down tube:

[Reply]
jonumberone 06:24 AM 07-30-2010
second set!