Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 567 89 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Tatuaje Saints & Sinners club
mariogolbee 11:51 AM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by twenty5:
I think a lot of people are reading too far into this.

Think of it like buying a 15ct box of cigars at an event, so swag is included. This "club" is open to everyone and there is no limit to the amount of people that can join. Renew next year if you want the new 15ct sampler.

Some people just like to suck the fun out of everything..
:-) I like to try different cigars everyday if possible. I find most, not all, LE sticks I smoke to be different and most of the time better than most of the regular production sticks I've smoked. Part of the problem for me with buying any cigar online is the cost of shipping. It makes no sense to buy just one cigar for $10 and get s/h charges for $5 on top of that. I see this as an opportunity to get a nice 15 count sampler of different sticks that will likely all be very good.

As far as "all the animosity" goes, Scott, your post was not full of it. IMO, you posted very worthwhile comments which are your own thoughts and feelings. I do tire of seeing the ol' "ad homenim." Your post was not full of that. If I'm ever remotely in your neck of the woods I'd love to take you up on your offer. This "club" thing has nothing to do with that whatsoever, though.
[Reply]
shilala 12:13 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
:-) I like to try different cigars everyday if possible. I find most, not all, LE sticks I smoke to be different and most of the time better than most of the regular production sticks I've smoked. Part of the problem for me with buying any cigar online is the cost of shipping. It makes no sense to buy just one cigar for $10 and get s/h charges for $5 on top of that. I see this as an opportunity to get a nice 15 count sampler of different sticks that will likely all be very good.

As far as "all the animosity" goes, Scott, your post was not full of it. IMO, you posted very worthwhile comments which are your own thoughts and feelings. I do tire of seeing the ol' "ad homenim." Your post was not full of that. If I'm ever remotely in your neck of the woods I'd love to take you up on your offer. This "club" thing has nothing to do with that whatsoever, though.
You're certainly welcome to come see us, Mario. :-)
You're right about that club being none of that. All politics aside, it's not a bad deal if you like Tat's to get 15 smokes for that money. Period. Especially an opportunity to try some blends that didn't make the cut. If you're a real Tat fan, that's good stuff right there.

I just cringe every time I see the division in the brotherhood that everything Pete Johnson brings. There's gotta be a reason for that. My reasoning could be completely off the beam, but after watching it go on for so long, it's the best I could offer.
Personally, I'd just like to see it all go away. It sure doesn't need to be like this, and even Gurkha and Rocky Patel don't raise the negative emotion that Pete does.
Weird, right?
[Reply]
T.G 01:32 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
I just cringe every time I see the division in the brotherhood that everything Pete Johnson brings. There's gotta be a reason for that. My reasoning could be completely off the beam, but after watching it go on for so long, it's the best I could offer.
Personally, I'd just like to see it all go away. It sure doesn't need to be like this, and even Gurkha and Rocky Patel don't raise the negative emotion that Pete does.
Weird, right?
Some people just aren't happy without someone to hate.
[Reply]
OHRD 01:33 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Pass.
:-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 02:01 PM 04-19-2011
I would join if I had the coin, I see it as a chance for true Tat fans to get some goodies. If Habanos SA created a club I'd join in a heartbeat. Like Stick and Landhoney pointed out craft brewers have been doing it for a while. If he sets it up the same way, it gives loyal customers access to product that is too expensive or scarce to constantly produce for the general market. It will reward folks for buying his product which will hopefully help him sustain a healthy business and loyal following. The object of business is to make money and if this helps then by all means...
[Reply]
Brooks W 02:02 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Weird, right?
I cringe every time someone decides to pass judgement on Pete, when all he is doing is what people ASK him to do, release (mostly great) cigars. Someone on another board was *****ing because Pete said he was going to give some of the money to charity...REALLY? I understand if you don't want to support Pete if he is giving money to a Charity you don't like, but do you really have to deride him for that?

I was there when the idea of the "Fan Club" was discussed, some of the people I was with actually kinda talked Pete into it (or at least gave him some reasons why he should do it)...It made perfect sense at the time, a membership with exclusive stuff that anyone who WANTS to can join, and those that don't can choose NOT to join.

Would people prefer he not release ANY new stuff? Or only on a specific schedule? One new cigar every 6 months? Or is that still "too many"?

PETE is not the one causing the division, it is the "BOTL" who ***** and moan about EVERY NEW RELEASE, as if it has not been said Ad nauseam.

Pete is in the business to A. Release cigars and B. Make money releasing cigars. If you have a problem with either, don't BUY the cigars (or related products he is selling).

Is it really that hard to understand?
[Reply]
pgagnon 02:11 PM 04-19-2011
Cigars smoker society is not different from society itself. Different products for different people. We are all equal as BOLT but heh, cigars dont have equals value. There lies the difference I do think.
[Reply]
whodeeni 02:13 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by Brooks W:
I cringe every time someone decides to pass judgement on Pete, when all he is doing is what people ASK him to do, release (mostly great) cigars. Someone on another board was *****ing because Pete said he was going to give some of the money to charity...REALLY? I understand if you don't want to support Pete if he is giving money to a Charity you don't like, but do you really have to deride him for that?

I was there when the idea of the "Fan Club" was discussed, some of the people I was with actually kinda talked Pete into it (or at least gave him some reasons why he should do it)...It made perfect sense at the time, a membership with exclusive stuff that anyone who WANTS to can join, and those that don't can choose NOT to join.

Would people prefer he not release ANY new stuff? Or only on a specific schedule? One new cigar every 6 months? Or is that still "too many"?

PETE is not the one causing the division, it is the "BOTL" who ***** and moan about EVERY NEW RELEASE, as if it has not been said Ad nauseam.

Pete is in the business to A. Release cigars and B. Make money releasing cigars. If you have a problem with either, don't BUY the cigars (or related products he is selling).

Is it really that hard to understand?
Well said Brooks! Get off Pete's Nuts and live your own life!:-) Cigars are for the most part a "Man thing"... Some of these guys need to realize that and start acting as such.... or they need to give up cigars start smoking cigarettes and/or blunts and join a F'n pole dancing class! I believe "P. Diddy" said it best! NO *****ASSNESS!!! We really need to adopt this theme and take it to heart in the cigar community!
[Reply]
Bill86 02:22 PM 04-19-2011
I don't think the "BOTL" are the reason he releases a new cigar every day....I'm sorry I think it's because he's a whore and just wants to pad his wallet with money from cigars that all taste the same. Along with some dumb@$$ trendy name, band or packaging. He's the Justin Bieber of the cigar world. A joke. In my book his good cigars are about 2/10 so he's shooting 20% IMO.

I've stated this before he's laughing in your faces......Tatuaje - Tattoo....are you kidding me?!?! Tattoo Tattoo......that's just so creative, notice how he's putting the same bands on his cigars now? Not even changing the bands! Just the words on them! I feel like I'm preaching on deaf ears though.

I want to see a post where someone says "PETE PLEASE RELEASE 400+ CIGARS A YEAR!" Then I want to see say..... 10,000 people that agree. You won't find that anywhere.....it doesn't exist. No one is forcing him to release 400+ cigars a year.

The only people that defend Pete are the few that can afford to keep buying all these LE cigars. So of course if you have the coin you're going to say RELEASE MOAR!!!!! If you, like most people cannot afford 400 boxes a year.... you are probably sick and tired of this pathetic charade.

Come to the dark side, we have cookies.

:-) :-) :-) :-) My 8 cents.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:36 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I don't think the "BOTL" are the reason he releases a new cigar every day....I'm sorry I think it's because he's a whore and just wants to pad his wallet with money from cigars that all taste the same. Along with some dumb@$$ trendy name, band or packaging. He's the Justin Bieber of the cigar world. A joke. In my book his good cigars are about 2/10 so he's shooting 20% IMO.

I've stated this before he's laughing in your faces......Tatuaje - Tattoo....are you kidding me?!?! Tattoo Tattoo......that's just so creative, notice how he's putting the same bands on his cigars now? Not even changing the bands! Just the words on them! I feel like I'm preaching on deaf ears though.

I want to see a post where someone says "PETE PLEASE RELEASE 400+ CIGARS A YEAR!" Then I want to see say..... 10,000 people that agree. You won't find that anywhere.....it doesn't exist. No one is forcing him to release 400+ cigars a year.

The only people that defend Pete are the few that can afford to keep buying all these LE cigars. So of course if you have the coin you're going to say RELEASE MOAR!!!!! If you, like most people cannot afford 400 boxes a year.... you are probably sick and tired of this pathetic charade.

This comment was completely unnecessary. Let's all try and not attack people directly please. In this post there are attacks on Pete Johnson AND those who buy his cigars. I am not a mindless idiot and I am not "one of the only people..." but that's what I hear you saying in this post. "Smoke what you like." THAT is what a BOTL would say.

In a polite debate one does not attack a person and that is what is being done in this thread.
[Reply]
Brooks W 02:36 PM 04-19-2011

Dude, you should stop talking out of your ass if you don't know what you are talking about.

Pete released the "Tattoo" cigar so that he could back up his Trademark of the term "Tattoo" in court, NOT because he got lazy and just made up a name.

There does not HAVE to be a post with people asking him to release 400 new cigars...The reason we know people WANT him to release new cigars is that EVERY ONE of his LEs sell out.

If there is a market for his continued LEs (and other cigars) and people keep buying them, then he will (and SHOULD) keep making them. That is called Capitalism, pure and simple.

If don't want to buy the cigars, then don't. If you want to believe that everyone who buys them is a Sheeple, then you can. But saying that Pete should stop selling different cigars just because YOU can't afford to buy all of them is just asinine.
[Reply]
whodeeni 02:38 PM 04-19-2011
In my book his good cigars are about 2/10 so he's shooting 20% IMO.

My 8 cents.
I don't see you making the same comments about Andre Bill and I buy his LE stuff too! Now on the flip side if you want to talk about money, I'd have to really readjust some things if I wanted to start buying boxes of some of the Cuban LE's i've seen! Hell when the partagas black/brown jar was released, it was 575! There are LGC Jars going for 1000, Behikes going for 350-400 (for the 52's!) I don't see you *itching about those!

I'll come to the dark side when/if i'm good and ready....

As far as your 20% comment... I say MORE FOR ME BROTHA!:-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:40 PM 04-19-2011
[quote=Brooks W;1239975If don't want to buy the cigars, then don't. If you want to believe that everyone who buys them is a Sheeple, then you can. But saying that Pete should stop selling different cigars just because YOU can't afford to buy all of them is just asinine.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? I don't buy all of the LE's he or others make because I can't. I also can't buy all of the LE/regional/etc. cigars that Habanos SA puts out. That doesn't mean I'm ranting and raving for them to stop making them. Hell, I can't even buy them here! I think it's great that some of my BOTL can enjoy those sticks. Why should I hate?
[Reply]
Ranger_B 03:19 PM 04-19-2011
Wow all this over cigars. Seriously they are just tobacco with a band wrapped around it. If you dont like the band find a different. Each band is still a company after all and companies want to make money. I saw this just as a new marketing idea that was different. So are all the CC lovers going to start griping over all the REs and LEs they make next.
[Reply]
landhoney 06:00 PM 04-19-2011
Cancelled. Haters gonna' hate. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 06:13 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by landhoney:
Cancelled. Haters gonna' hate. :-)
Yeah, saw that earlier, I was going to post something, but I wanted to see if Pete was going to pull a second "GOTCHA SUCKA!"
[Reply]
Zeuceone 06:22 PM 04-19-2011
Sign me up.
[Reply]
Dukeuni 06:29 PM 04-19-2011
So, is this comment from Pete on Facebook a joke or what? Most likely a joke, but heck, who knows with Pete:

"Truthfully everyone. My new contract with Davidoff will not allow the S&S club but they do have plans to keep the Monster Series next year."
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:14 PM 04-19-2011
Pretty sure Pete is joking. As another BOTL told me, he set up a company in FL so we wouldn't have to pay taxes.
[Reply]
xlc12rf 07:41 PM 04-19-2011
Pete is a marketig genius. He really is. I think his twitter profile says it all:
"lifestyle brand designer"

I like his cigars, but I do t chase any LEs down. I'm too early in my career, with too many other financial concerns to worry about. He'll, I can't afford smoke at all right now, so I don't partake.

Guys, it's just a plant. Be glad you have the money to enjoy the hobby. Relax, and smoke em if you got em. Whatever 'em' are.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 16
« First < 567 89 > Last »
Up