Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 21
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Sports>Patriots Fans
VTDragon 08:11 AM 11-08-2010
Stinker in Cleveland. We got our butts kicked. Out-played in all three phases of the game and then out-coached too.
Brady was off target all day and when he did hit his receivers, (especially Gronkowski who had the worst day a receiver could have), they dropped the ball. The defense was exposed for what it is. Young, inexperienced and prone to the roller coaster highs and lows of an emotional team. When they're high, they play well, when low, they play poorly, like yesterday. Credit to Mangini and all the Cleveland coaches, they did a good job of exploiting the Pats weaknesses. They covered the short passing game well, did not give Brady much time to throw and most importantly won most of the battles on both the offensive and defensive lines all day. Colt McCoy looked like the real deal and he exposed the glaring lack of a real pass rush by the Pats and the defense's inability to deal with a mobile quarterback.
This is not a good way to start the stretch of games they are facing, (Steelers, Colts and then Lions on Turkey Day). Too often other teams see a blueprint developed by a good opposing teams' plan and build upon it.
The Patriots are going to really have to work hard to be ready for Sunday night against the Steelers.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:56 AM 11-08-2010
So what the heck happened with the Patriots? Did they forget that they had a game to play?
[Reply]
Mikey202 06:47 AM 11-11-2010
Anyone want to bet a nice NC 5vr on this game with a Steeler fan?:-)

1 - Olivia V series
1 - DPG Black label
1 - Pardon 7000
1 - La Requeza
1 - Cain Maduro
[Reply]
Bunker 07:57 AM 11-11-2010
Sorry brother, after the dump they took in Cleveland and a cast-off Bengals replacement kicker combined with the fact that they are playing surrounded by 300+ lb mustachioed Stillers fans in Heinz (and that's just the ladies) - I'm not going near this game.
[Reply]
Mikey202 09:04 AM 11-14-2010
Originally Posted by Mikey202:
Anyone want to bet a nice NC 5vr on this game with a Steeler fan?:-)

1 - Olivia V series
1 - DPG Black label
1 - Pardon 7000
1 - La Requeza
1 - Cain Maduro
No takers?:-):-)
[Reply]
Gargoyle 10:28 AM 11-14-2010
I think most of us would want to put a 5'er on the Steelers as well.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:41 AM 11-14-2010
I don' feel confident today for the Pats, but Steelers have some injuries and no one wants to play the Pats coming off a loss.

Steelers are my AFC Superbowl pick, but I'd rather be wrong and see the Pats there.
[Reply]
kugie 11:26 AM 11-14-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I don' feel confident today for the Pats, but Steelers have some injuries and no one wants to play the Pats coming off a loss.

Steelers are my AFC Superbowl pick, but I'd rather be wrong and see the Pats there.
I would rather you be wrong as well.:-)
[Reply]
Mikey202 01:20 PM 11-14-2010
Someone stepped - up on Facebook. I have my bet.
[Reply]
Bunker 05:27 AM 11-15-2010
Someone on facebook must be very happy this morning :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:10 AM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by kugie:
I would rather you be wrong as well.:-)
Glad I was. That was a stomping! :-)
[Reply]
Gargoyle 10:59 AM 11-15-2010
I don't think any of us saw that coming! What a surprise last night was!
[Reply]
dogface_313 11:04 AM 11-15-2010
A good surprise though. Another tough one next week though.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:36 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by Gargoyle:
I don't think any of us saw that coming! What a surprise last night was!
So sad to see the stands at Heinz Field empty withe several minutes left in the 4th quarter.
[Reply]
Starscream 01:54 PM 11-15-2010
Brady put up some hellacious numbers on my fantasy team last night!:-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 02:11 PM 11-15-2010
Really nice win by the Pats last night. Some thoughts:

* I had no idea how much Patrick Chung helped set the tone for this defense. That guy has a terrific motor and he HITS! Kudos to him.
* I cannot recall seeing Brady being so fired up. Remember all the talk last year and early this season about the lack of veteran leadership on this team. Well, one vet has really taken it to heart. Good for Brady - good for the team.
* Gronkowski - Dog House in Cleveland to Steel Tycoon in Pittsburgh... great game for the rookie.
* Lots of excuses out of Pittsburg about how beat up their offensive line was, BUT... the Patriots defense did the job and got lots of pressure and 5 sacks on Big Ben ... so Kudos to them
* Patriots offensive line, (missing Stephen Neal BTW), was OUTSTANDING!
* I would not be surprised if some more kickers come in to audition this week...a missed EXTRA POINT! AAARRRRRGHH
* Law firm continues to hit the hole hard and follow his blockers...he doesn't know how to dance...so what is Maroney doing these days?
* My only complaint about the game was when the Pats reverted to the "Prevent" Defense in the fourth quarter. I cringe just thinking of it.
* All in all a GREAT bounce back win. I hope they show the same intensity next week against the Colts. That looks to be another fun game.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:54 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
Really nice win by the Pats last night. Some thoughts:

* All in all a GREAT bounce back win. I hope they show the same intensity next week against the Colts. That looks to be another fun game.
Colts should be shaking in their boots. Who's going to stop the Pats if the build momentum off beating the Steelers then the Colts? Momentum in November is what every team wants.
[Reply]
Secret Santa 03:01 PM 11-15-2010
If Santa knows anything about the NFL this year, it's that week-to-week there seems to be very little carry over.
[Reply]
srduggins 03:51 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by Secret Santa:
If Santa knows anything about the NFL this year, it's that week-to-week there seems to be very little carry over.
Yeah, what's up witht that?

Great win by the Pats. I hated watching them crush the Steelers.
[Reply]
dunng 05:51 PM 11-16-2010
Who's your daddy? :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 21
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Up