Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 567 8 >
Entertainment>Fred Armisen Must Die!
Eleven 01:22 PM 05-09-2010
Other than playing Beer Pong with Jimmy Fallon and grabbing Sandra Bullocks boobs, exactly why is everyone on the Betty White bandwagon these days? I surely missed something.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:37 PM 05-09-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Other than playing Beer Pong with Jimmy Fallon and grabbing Sandra Bullocks boobs, exactly why is everyone on the Betty White bandwagon these days? I surely missed something.
Because she is almost 90 and is still relevant and funny?

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...ensus/1226117/
[Reply]
Kreth 02:02 PM 05-09-2010
Well, she did do a few things before that. :-)
Seriously, I think a lot of her appeal is that she can play a role as saccharine as the dim-witted Rose from the Golden Girls, and then do something like the digital short from last night's SNL.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Eleven 03:12 PM 05-09-2010
Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin on Betty, I just find it odd that *now* she is the toast of the town. A couple years ago she was just another old actress. Now she is an A-lister with some sort of cult-like following.

Just wondering where it all changed.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:23 PM 05-09-2010
Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin on Betty, I just find it odd that *now* she is the toast of the town. A couple years ago she was just another old actress. Now she is an A-lister with some sort of cult-like following.

Someone had to replace Bea Arthur as the ultimate Cougar. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 03:27 PM 05-09-2010

I think it's a combination of the fact that she's still taking on new projects, and the ubiquity of social networking tools. Ten years ago, you might talk about something like last night's SNL with a half dozen people around the proverbial water cooler. Now, any moron with a blog or Facebook account can post up "OMG!!1! Betty White talks about her dusty muffin!!!!" complete with embedded video and reach hundreds of people. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Kreth 02:46 PM 05-16-2010
Watched Dr. Who last night (Daleks FTW!), then switched over to SNL at midnight. Caught Tom Petty, a bit of WU, then Armisen and Wiig came on doing that stupid sketch where they adlib nonsense songs. Click.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
icehog3 02:55 PM 05-16-2010
After a one week respite, SNL was back to sucking, even with Baldwin hosting. I laughed once in 90 minutes, near the end of the "Hooker with a Heart" sketch.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:58 PM 05-16-2010
They definately peaked with Betty White.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:08 AM 05-17-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
They definately peaked with Betty White.
I think Lorne Michaels knew she'd be a tough act to follow, and tried to pull out the big guns. Unfortunately, not every Baldwin show has a Pete Shweddy sketch.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
OLS 06:24 AM 05-17-2010
I think they often try too hard to "blue" out a squeaky-clean host. It was as if every
sketch they had Betty White in had some kind of a curse word bleeped out. It's funny
a few times, but it got old fast. Of course, that's what they do best, right?
[Reply]
icehog3 09:14 AM 05-17-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I think Lorne Michaels knew she'd be a tough act to follow, and tried to pull out the big guns. Unfortunately, not every Baldwin show has a Pete Shweddy sketch.
Posted via Mobile Device
Or "Canteen Boy". :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 09:45 AM 05-17-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
I think they often try too hard to "blue" out a squeaky-clean host. It was as if every
sketch they had Betty White in had some kind of a curse word bleeped out.
I guess the squeaky-clean image comes from The Golden Girls. She's always made pretty suggestive (if not quite so explicit) comments on talk shows, and in Lake Placid she was pretty foul-mouthed (about the only thing worth watching in that POS).
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Or "Canteen Boy". :-)
One of my favorites was him and Steve Martin trying to kill each other and claim the title for most times as host.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:56 PM 05-17-2010
Betty White is far from clean. Watch her on some of the Comedy Central Roast's. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 10:13 PM 05-22-2010
Once again, I watched Dr. Who, then switched to SNL. Oh cool, Tina Fey, she's pretty funny. Who the f**k is this Hansen brother wannabe in the sketch with her? And Armisen. Ugh. Well, maybe the next sketch will be better.
Commercial, then "Ladies and gentlemen, Justin Beeber (sp?)." Click.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
icehog3 08:54 AM 05-23-2010
I saw the Tina Fey episode the first time it aired. Regardless of how cute she is, I wasn't going to put myself through that 90 minutes a second time.
[Reply]
Kreth 09:02 AM 05-23-2010
You remember on Beavis and Butthead how a crappy video would come on, and they would just sit there staring at the TV with these horrified looks on their faces? That was me when the "musical" number started, for about 30 seconds, then I dove for the remote to change the channel. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:10 AM 05-23-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tj-WBuU6Hk
[Reply]
icehog3 09:10 AM 05-23-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
You remember on Beavis and Butthead how a crappy video would come on, and they would just sit there staring at the TV with these horrified looks on their faces? That was me when the "musical" number started, for about 30 seconds, then I dove for the remote to change the channel. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
That's because you aren't a 12 year old girl, Jeff. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:15 AM 05-23-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K4r14ZNy8Q
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 567 8 >
Up