Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 352
« First < 567 891757107 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
GhostRyder 11:50 AM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Nice! Are you going to be CCW'ing it? If so, get a set of Crimson Trace Lasergrips :-)
I will be once I turn 21 in 3 months. It blows my mind that I can go out into the field and play with all kinds of weapons systems. Just a few weeks ago learned about and got to fire 240G and 250Bs and 249s and yet I can't go out and purchase a handgun. Anyyyway. I will be CCW'ing this and I'm not sure what, if anything I want to do to it. I'm thinkin night sights. The Crimson Trace is fun -- a friend has them on his Kimber and it is a cool system. I just don't know if I can justify that cost. I should definitely get mags though. That is a must. Only have 2 now, vs 20+ for my AR.
68TriShield 11:54 AM 12-31-2008
Nice pics Mr. TriShield!
Thanks.
I'll get pictures of the others too.I can't believe nobody has posted any lever actions.
My Winchester 44 and 357magnums are my favorites.
bonjing 12:52 PM 12-31-2008
my CCR refinished 228

Partagaspete 01:57 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by GhostRyder:

Merry Christmas to me.

Don't mind the Rogue or the CAO Americas. This is my first handgun. G19.
Your your own little ATF aren't you.

T
weak_link 02:06 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Every time I see this pic it moves. A lot. :-)
That safe is one less Trailside target pistol as seen above. :-)
GhostRyder 02:48 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
Your your own little ATF aren't you.

T
Definitely. It was a good Christmas.
Stig 03:07 PM 12-31-2008
I'm looking at buying my first pistol this coming year and thinking about a 45. Anyone care to offer some insight as to what manufacturers make the most reliable pistols. I have heard that Glock is good, but how about S & W or Colt? Any others I should consider?
elderboy02 03:11 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by Stig:
I'm looking at buying my first pistol this coming year and thinking about a 45. Anyone care to offer some insight as to what manufacturers make the most reliable pistols. I have heard that Glock is good, but how about S & W or Colt? Any others I should consider?
Are you looking for a 1911? If so, I like Springfield Armory. If you aren't looking for a 1911, I would go with a Glock anytime. Glocks are indestructible.
Partagaspete 03:14 PM 12-31-2008
I know I want either a Glock or a Sig but am unsure of what Caliber to get. I know 9 mm is cheaper ammo but I would like a little more stopping power. Any recommendations. No I don't want a desert eagle 50 cal or even a .45. I am think 10mm or .40 cal. Thought? comments? advice. Thanks

T
GhostRyder 03:17 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by Stig:
If price isn't going to hold you back (ie if you can drop the bills for a Colt) then take a look at Kimber. They make some outstanding 1911s, although I'm still leery about the compact sizes. I think a 1911 should be constructed in all of its glory, at least a full 5 inch barrel. They feel goood. However, Glocks are indestructible. I love my 19. A friend just picked up the subcompact Glock 36 and it is a beauty. The slim grips fit my small(er) hands perfectly.

Also, check out S&W M&Ps. They are quality firearms from what I have heard. Haven't gotten the opportunity to fire one, although the M&P15s (their AR15 in the same line) are pretty nice.

So. Look into Kimber, Glock, and S&W possibly. Can't go wrong with Springfield either for 1911s, but I'd shell out the extra cash and pick up a Kimber.
Stig 04:18 PM 12-31-2008
I like the look of the 1911, not sure about price yet but probably gonna cap it arpund a grand. Many local shops carry used, is it better to just buy new with something like this?
elderboy02 05:14 PM 12-31-2008
I know I want either a Glock or a Sig but am unsure of what Caliber to get. I know 9 mm is cheaper ammo but I would like a little more stopping power. Any recommendations. No I don't want a desert eagle 50 cal or even a .45. I am think 10mm or .40 cal. Thought? comments? advice. Thanks

T
I would go with a Glock 23 (40 S&W). You can conceal carry it and it is a very fun range gun. If you want, you can buy a conversion barrel and shoot 9mm out of it also.
floydpink 05:21 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Plenty more where these came from...
Like that Taurus.. what is that above it?
floydpink 05:24 PM 12-31-2008

T
More stopping power than a 9? Put hollow points in, squeeze 5 times, and if he hasn't stopped, you probably need hand grenades.

Seriously, for home, I fully believe a Mossberg shotgun is the ultimate home defense.

For carrying, I love a 357 magnum, but hated the weight of it, and went with a couple LEO friend's advice and picked up a "feather weight" Kel Tec 9mm and barely noticed at all day today.

My only complaint is the thing is really stiff, but I hear it gets better with a little breaking in.
bonjing 05:27 PM 12-31-2008
my recommendation is to try a few out and see what really fits you. and i don't mean just fiddling with each one at a gun shop, shoot each one. have a friend take you out or see if there is a rental shop near you.

i have seen two friends walk into a shop both really excited about getting a glock. they decided to rent one (a glock), the shop employee also let them try a different pistol. one walked out with a glock and the other walked out with a sig. each person is going to be a little different.

with that aside you can't really go wrong with any of the pistols anyone has mentioned here.
Partagaspete 03:35 AM 01-01-2009
Thanks for the great advice Elderboy, FloydPink, and Bonjing.

I think I will rent a few since When I get back to the states I won't have many friends where I'll be. As FloydP mentioned for Home defense Nothing beats a shot gun and I will be getting that as well...Nothing more distinctive than the sounds of a Remington 870 cambering a shell. Robbers seem to disappear in the blink of an eye. Thanks again guys.

T
elderboy02 08:34 AM 01-01-2009
Thanks for the great advice Elderboy, FloydPink, and Bonjing.

I think I will rent a few since When I get back to the states I won't have many friends where I'll be. As FloydP mentioned for Home defense Nothing beats a shot gun and I will be getting that as well...Nothing more distinctive than the sounds of a Remington 870 cambering a shell. Robbers seem to disappear in the blink of an eye. Thanks again guys.

T
No problem. The Remington 870 is a great gun. Pick up some Federal Law Enforcement shells with the Flite Control wad and you are good to go!
bonjing 09:28 AM 01-01-2009
No problem. The Remington 870 is a great gun. Pick up some Federal Law Enforcement shells with the Flite Control wad and you are good to go!
i love those shells!!!! especially with a vang'ed barrel.

and Partagaspete, you welcome.
Silound 10:05 AM 01-01-2009
This thread makes me feel sad that I had to hock my Glock (no pun intended) at some point because I could only consider it a useless expense.

For around the home, I keep an old Winchester Model 12 trench gun on call at all times. Not much stands up after a couple short range blasts from that ****er.

Maybe I should get a bayonet and mount that for extra effect? :-)
darb85 10:17 AM 01-01-2009
:-) I Just orderd a new sig! :-)

Was looking for a 9mm to Complement my .40 sig P229 and my .40 Tarus Millenium. I think the P226 X-Five will fit the bill nicely! should have it next week or so!

Brad
Page 7 of 352
« First < 567 891757107 > Last »
Up