Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 138
« First < 567 891757107 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
Ahbroody 05:45 PM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Everybody chill with an adult beverage and a cigar...Pre-season games start next week. :-)
:-)
Maybe my wife was right last night when she said I was acting like a bish. This keto diet does makr me a bit grumpy.

Joel no issue here with you take on bold. I just think the league instituted the cap to kill dynastys and give more teams a chance to win the cup. So teams cant buy championships anymore. We dont need the Yankees in hockey. It has worked by the way I know we both agree on that.
icehog3 11:48 PM 09-16-2010
NHL fantasy projection on Duncan Keith...I loved this one!

Originally Posted by :
Keith provides the entire fantasy package. This strapping 27-year-old will take you to dinner, pay for everything, kiss you goodnight (just saucily enough), return to make breakfast the next morning, do the dishes, then head over to your mother's to wash her windows. He seems too good to be true but isn't. Playing a considerable part in the Chicago Blackhawks' Stanley Cup-winning season, Keith accumulated 69 points (second of all D-men to only Mike Green) and 51 PIM while averaging 26:35 minutes per game (second to only Carolina Hurricane Joni Pitkanen leaguewide) and ending the year plus-21. What else do you want? Durability? Well, he's missed only six games in five full NHL seasons. In any fantasy league, Keith should go no later than the fourth round overall.

Ahbroody 05:39 PM 09-18-2010
Interesting Sharks bringing in Andreas Lilja for a tryout after he refused a tryout with with the Wings.

Tom it says strapping not strapon settle down.
GreekGodX 07:31 AM 09-19-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Interesting Sharks bringing in Andreas Lilja for a tryout after he refused a tryout with with the Wings.

Tom it says strapping not strapon settle down.
Yea he turned it down partly because he turned down a 1 year deal earlier in the offseason and we have too many 1-way players on D. No chance he cracks our D rotation.
Ahbroody 05:51 PM 09-19-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKLmpZQ2glE

Phaneuf :-) just not a fan of him
icehog3 05:52 PM 09-19-2010

He has a face I just wanna punch. Honest.
Ahbroody 05:56 PM 09-19-2010
Focking stammering idiot. How about you practice that speech in the mirror a few times or hell just read it before you go up and speak. Jebus. I am a closet Leafs fan and that just made me sad. Jerseys alright :-)

If he did practice then holy crap talk about dark days ahead.
Eleven 07:53 PM 09-19-2010
That was pretty bad. Not sure if I care one way or the other in who gets the 'C' there, but he has one LONG road ahead to prove he fits in with Doug Gilmour and Wendel Clark.
GreekGodX 12:05 PM 09-22-2010
Preseason for the Wings starts tonight :-)

Looking forward to seeing Jakub Kindl play. Drafted 5 years ago in the Crosby draft. Hoping he can crack our D rotation and get some youth infused there. Dude has some skill just hopefully he shows up during the preseason and more importantly for the season.
kazzaca 01:52 PM 09-22-2010

The Leafs were awful yesterday...that Phaneuf play was hilarious...
Ahbroody 02:14 PM 09-22-2010
Originally Posted by kazzaca:
The Leafs were awful yesterday...that Phaneuf play was hilarious...
You talking about the second goal where the winger skated right past him and scored?
JackSchwartz 02:32 PM 09-22-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Preseason for the Wings starts tonight :-)

Looking forward to seeing Jakub Kindl play. Drafted 5 years ago in the Crosby draft. Hoping he can crack our D rotation and get some youth infused there. Dude has some skill just hopefully he shows up during the preseason and more importantly for the season.

I've been pumped for him to break into the NHL as well. He's got decent size and skates really well. It sounds like he could turn into a point producing D.

I'm also interested to see how Modano plays. He should be able to do some damage on the thrid line with Jiri Hudler.

The Detroit News was saying Zetterberg showed up to camp a few pounds lighter. He should have a little more pep in his step and can hopefully avoid any back issues.

Go Red Wings.

Eric
Eleven 04:19 PM 09-22-2010
Any of you Detroit fans have links to streams of this game? Its not being televised. I know that 105.9FM in Pittsburgh is broadcasting it, haven't checked to see if they have online streaming yet.

Go Pens :-)
GHC_Hambone 10:47 PM 09-22-2010
Ahh...first taste of hockey tonight. Oh how I missed it.
icehog3 10:50 PM 09-22-2010
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone:
Ahh...first taste of hockey tonight. Oh how I missed it.
I thought Morin and Makarov looked good, and I think Turco is going to add a whole new dimension to the breakout. :-)
Ahbroody 11:07 PM 09-22-2010
Anyone got an old visor they are not using? I want to get one for coaching this year, but dont want to drop 50. Little turds love getting their sticks up.

Trying not to waste money and aint going to wear my birdcage out there.

Sharks lose opener 5-2 nittymaki gives up 4 goals on 12 shots.
357 06:26 AM 09-23-2010
First preseason game and Franzen takes a knee-to-knee hit. :-)
icehog3 07:52 AM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
First preseason game and Franzen takes a knee-to-knee hit. :-)
Did they say if he will be ok?
JackSchwartz 08:38 AM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Did they say if he will be ok?
They said it was a charley horse, sounds like he'll be okay. I didn't see the game but they said Derek Meech left early as well. Some sort of head injury. Please don't let this be another injury-plagued season for the Wings.
JackSchwartz 08:43 AM 09-23-2010
Anyone got an old visor they are not using? I want to get one for coaching this year, but dont want to drop 50. Little turds love getting their sticks up.

Trying not to waste money and aint going to wear my birdcage out there.

Sharks lose opener 5-2 nittymaki gives up 4 goals on 12 shots.
I'll take a look through my gear tonight, might still have mine laying around. I switched back to a full cage after taking a puck to the lip a couple years ago. Ten stitches; five on the outside and five inside the mouth :-) Oh, and I had a rookie doc with some shakey hands. I'll shoot you a PM if I can find my old visor.

Eric
Page 7 of 138
« First < 567 891757107 > Last »
Up