Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 567 89 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App ... need beta testers
King James 04:08 PM 03-13-2009
I am able to delete cigars from reference...but don't see anything to add cigars to the reference anywhere

edit:
found that I can do it from the main reference page, but not if I'm already looking at a particular brand. I'd consider having the add button when you hit edit while looking at a particular brand
[Reply]
KenS 06:07 PM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
I am able to delete cigars from reference...but don't see anything to add cigars to the reference anywhere

edit:
found that I can do it from the main reference page, but not if I'm already looking at a particular brand. I'd consider having the add button when you hit edit while looking at a particular brand
Working on that right now :-)
[Reply]
Serts 06:16 PM 03-13-2009
Tell me, can i use this app on a non jailbreak iphone 3G ?

If the awnser is yes, please send me the info:-)
[Reply]
King James 08:20 PM 03-13-2009
Also, maybe an easy way to reduce the number of cigars in humi when you smoke one from a box. Not that the current way is overly difficult, but I see that as being a fairly common task so less steps to do so couldn't hurt. I'll try to think up a few ideas
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
KenS 08:24 PM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by Serts:
Tell me, can i use this app on a non jailbreak iphone 3G ?

If the awnser is yes, please send me the info:-)
yes, it will work with iPhone 3G. Suggest you read the whole thread for info. we are in beta test mode now, hoping to release in about a week. Beta testing is currently limited to the amount I can handle :-)
[Reply]
Cyanide 08:30 PM 03-13-2009
any chance this might get ported to WM?
[Reply]
HK3- 08:32 PM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by Cyanide:
THis program is for apple weenies only. :-)
[Reply]
KenS 08:32 PM 03-13-2009
not on a bet :-). Both of the people who use WM would be fighting over who gets to install it first :-)
[Reply]
KenS 08:34 PM 03-13-2009
:-)
Originally Posted by HK3-:
THis program is for apple weenies only. :-)
Hal, Hal, Hal, when you join us in the 21st century, you'll understand better.
[Reply]
HK3- 08:38 PM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
:-)

Hal, Hal, Hal, when you join us in the 21st century, you'll understand better.

Computer guys... :-)
[Reply]
Cyanide 08:51 PM 03-13-2009
Sorry, didn't realize I was so uncool!
[Reply]
KenS 08:57 PM 03-13-2009
Sorry, didn't realize I was so uncool!
nah, I don't want to start that us vs. them stuff. Just that the iPhone has some cool capabilities, and I decided that it was the best platform to try to develop a good cigar app. I've learned a ton about programming for the iPhone; I can't imagine trying to duplicate it all over again.

(snob mode off) :-)
[Reply]
danc 09:01 PM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
nah, I don't want to start that us vs. them stuff. Just that the iPhone has some cool capabilities, and I decided that it was the best platform to try to develop a good cigar app. I've learned a ton about programming for the iPhone; I can't imagine trying to duplicate it all over again.

(snob mode off) :-)
Would you be willing to share your cigar database and general program design if someone else wanted to code it? Wouldn't be me, but I use a WM phone and love it, and a good program like this would really be nice. Nice enough to make me quit lurking and register for this forum :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 10:31 PM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by danc:
Would you be willing to share your cigar database and general program design if someone else wanted to code it? Wouldn't be me, but I use a WM phone and love it, and a good program like this would really be nice. Nice enough to make me quit lurking and register for this forum :-)
Obvious you registered to post in this forum.

Ken, it's your baby IMO I would not share this as it would open up to other things and you would not get the kickback you may be looking for. :-) I'd hate for someone to steal the hard work that you did and claim it as their own. :-)
[Reply]
rudy3 11:38 PM 03-13-2009
More Notes/Thoughts:

1. I think it was fixed but multiple humidors with same names can be added and act the same once they are added. Troubles with moving and deleting cigars.

2. Date Acquired allows future dates to be added.
3. Year of cigar would be slicker in the scroll wheel option instead of the keypad. Plus the keypad allows multiple digit entries.
4. Color customizing would be great in the future. Especially for different humidors.
5. Main database should be secure and not able to edit once it is complete. Perhaps you could pay someone in cigars to add everything? You could also sell yearly database downloads??? (Sorry guys...trying to help him make some money for all the work he is doing..)
6. Rating system Scroll Wheel as well. (I really dislike the keypad...although it is easy it doesn't feel as slick or refined as flicking the scroll wheel up and down.) Maybe i have a thing for the price is right or something.
7. Being able to edit reference homepage for other names than Cuban or Non-Cuban. As much functionality as possible for me.
8. instead of deleting cigars from humidors....assuming they are being smoked. Have a recently smoked feature that keeps them in the database but deletes them from inventory. This way you could compare notes from specific smokes.
9. Can it connect to Cigar Asylum in anyway???? recent smokes...etc...

I'll keep playing.
[Reply]
KenS 06:46 AM 03-14-2009
Originally Posted by rudy3:
More Notes/Thoughts:

1. I think it was fixed but multiple humidors with same names can be added and act the same once they are added. Troubles with moving and deleting cigars.
Yup, fixed in beta 2

Originally Posted by :
2. Date Acquired allows future dates to be added.
yeah, I was gonna limit that up to current date, but figured if people want to go crazy with future dates, it's their own data they are messing with. What do others think?

Originally Posted by :
3. Year of cigar would be slicker in the scroll wheel option instead of the keypad. Plus the keypad allows multiple digit entries.
Yup, I agree. See above for people messing with their own data though :-)

Originally Posted by :
4. Color customizing would be great in the future. Especially for different humidors.
Cool idea for version 2.
Originally Posted by :
5. Main database should be secure and not able to edit once it is complete. Perhaps you could pay someone in cigars to add everything? You could also sell yearly database downloads??? (Sorry guys...trying to help him make some money for all the work he is doing..)
This one I really don't agree with. I want to make this useful for each individual, and people have different needs. Some folks don't need thousands of cigars in the reference, others will have cigars that I never heard of (especially in other countries). Also, the idea of adding "everything" is more daunting than I want to tackle. I'm not trying to make a business out this actually. Just started it as a hobby project because I wanted an app for personal use. Earning a few bucks back for my hundreds of hours of work on it would be nice, but still keeping it low key.

Originally Posted by :
6. Rating system Scroll Wheel as well. (I really dislike the keypad...although it is easy it doesn't feel as slick or refined as flicking the scroll wheel up and down.) Maybe i have a thing for the price is right or something.
I'm with you on this one; that's why I added scroll wheels for brand, vitola, etc. What scale would be appropriate for rating? 1 - 100?[/quote]

Originally Posted by :
7. Being able to edit reference homepage for other names than Cuban or Non-Cuban. As much functionality as possible for me.
Tricky one to design I think. Do you have some specific examples to help me think about how to do it?

Originally Posted by :
8. instead of deleting cigars from humidors....assuming they are being smoked. Have a recently smoked feature that keeps them in the database but deletes them from inventory. This way you could compare notes from specific smokes.
Definitely the most important version 2 feature. I want that functionality too :-)
Originally Posted by :
9. Can it connect to Cigar Asylum in anyway???? recent smokes...etc...
I keep thinking about that as well. Again, specific examples of the interaction you'd like to see?

Originally Posted by :
I'll keep playing.
Me too :-)
Thanks again for all the feedback!
[Reply]
LookAtBigErn82 12:52 PM 03-14-2009
Awesome thread, just counting the days until my Tmobile contract is up and I can get an Iphone. Keep up the good work!:-)
[Reply]
KenS 02:23 PM 03-14-2009
BETA 3 Progress UpdateREMAINING ITEMS FOR BETA 3:Probably work on for future version:

[Reply]
DPD6030 03:25 PM 03-14-2009
Just got my I-touch! I can't wait for this to be published. :-)
[Reply]
KenS 03:46 PM 03-14-2009
More input needed :-)

Here are two versions of the cigar listing for a particular brand. The one on the left is the current version. The one on the right is what I'm thinking of changing to. The thought is that having the size in the listing makes it easier to pick out a particular cigar from the list. But it is a bit 'busier' looking. With the newer view, I could also add a button to sort by RG or by Length.

Which do you like better??

Image Image
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 567 89 > Last »
Up