Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 67
« First < 567 891757 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
taltos 03:35 AM 01-12-2009
The new board recognizes me but does not accept my username/password combination. I contacted them about it, lets see if things get fixed. From what I have seen so far, things seem consistent that Caputo has ruined every internet group which he has gotten his mitts on. RIP Louie and welcome pretentious snobs. What will happen with the old reviews site?
ChasDen 03:45 AM 01-12-2009
Had to check it out this morning, :-) wish I didn't.

Sad indeed. Oh well, hope everyone has a good week,

Its getting cold here and its back to school for most of the university folks,

SO GO LEARN SOMETHING :-)

Chas
Don Fernando 04:59 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
The new board recognizes me but does not accept my username/password combination.
my login works, let's see for how long :-)
elderboy02 05:04 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Threads: 89,651, Posts: 1,650,156, Puffer Fishes: 10,824, Active Puffer Fishes: 6,791
Welcome to our newest jungle dweller, styxer

:-):-)

Gorillas and inmates are cool, I think they should stick with members there though.
Well, we know that our good buddy Jon Caputo is reading this thread. :-) He got rid of the stupid "Puffer Fishes" It now says this: "28 Gorilla and 47 Lurking Gorilla Wanna Be's"
skibumdc 05:24 AM 01-12-2009
Looks like at this rate they'll be advertising in Cigar Aficionado Magazine to attract new members!!
Starscream 05:51 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by skibumdc:
Looks like at this rate they'll be advertising in Cigar Aficionado Magazine to attract new members!!
I wouldn't doubt it.

EDIT: Fallguy is back to -295.
elderboy02 06:28 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by skibumdc:
Yep. And you will have to pay to take part in the forums :-)
poker 06:44 AM 01-12-2009
Went to check it out & I admit its quite sad. So many ad's (as expected), different layout (as expected), no reason for me to ever go there again (as expected). Not bashing them, just my opinion as I see it.

Our intent here at Cigar Asylum was never to be the biggest cigar forum in town. We just know & will never forget that a cigar forum is only as good as its members, and we have some of the very best here.
md4958 06:54 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by poker:
Our intent here at Cigar Asylum was never to be the biggest cigar forum in town. .
We might not be the biggest Kelly, but I think we are the BEST!
awsmith4 07:43 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
I agree, I like this place more than I ever liked CS, and that is saying a lot. Thanks again 11 for setting this up.:-):-):-)
Starscream 07:49 AM 01-12-2009
:-)
Jbailey 07:52 AM 01-12-2009

I think the all white pages at puff are painful on my eyes.
Whee 07:57 AM 01-12-2009
I am thinking some of the "kool-aid" crew may now be having second thoughts. Ads all over, forum does not retain the look and feel, or name of CS, lots of activity when just looking at a page.

Salutes the 11!:-):-)
piperman 08:00 AM 01-12-2009
Well all I can say is I went there this morning and log in a saw this scary looking fat fish, and I was total stuck could not move or anything, it changed my work computer fron a T1 conection to dial up and screwed up my computer for a while, its that damn video at the bottom of the page.
G G 08:09 AM 01-12-2009
I went and checked it out and my login worked, but dang that is ugly. The layout and colors are terrible.
Blueface 08:10 AM 01-12-2009
Maybe it is me and my computer stupidity.
On that new fishy place, has anyone noticed that once you select a thread and go in it to read it, there is no way out of it unless you use the "back" on your browser?
They don't have the hyperlink on the top of the page to get back to the main page.

Just found it after this post.
Very nicely hidden up on the top to the right, under "home".
Very user friendly.:-):-):-)
Starscream 08:16 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by Jbailey:

I think the all white pages at puff are painful on my eyes.
Eye-sore.
cbsmokin 08:27 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by poker:
Went to check it out & I admit its quite sad. So many ad's (as expected), different layout (as expected), no reason for me to ever go there again (as expected). Not bashing them, just my opinion as I see it.

Our intent here at Cigar Asylum was never to be the biggest cigar forum in town. We just know & will never forget that a cigar forum is only as good as its members, and we have some of the very best here.
I agree. I can't even check my Pm's without a video playing on the screen. Now if my pass will just wrap up over there ...
rizzle 08:27 AM 01-12-2009
I've never been one to complain much about anything on the innerweb, but that is pretty bad. Pretty bad indeed.
gettysburgfreak 08:29 AM 01-12-2009
terrible format as others have mentioned. The white hurts your eyes, the ads are all over the freaking place. It looks and feels like a sterile environment.
Page 7 of 67
« First < 567 891757 > Last »
Up