Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 69 of 99
« First < 1959676869 707179 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
poker 12:04 PM 02-15-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Chopard is a great house for both jewelry, tire pressure guages and watches. The Mille has been a good success for them.
There fixed it for ya. :-)
[Reply]
poker 09:59 AM 02-17-2013
Can you show a few pictures of the gauge?
as requested:
[Reply]
RWhisenand 10:46 AM 02-17-2013
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Anyone have a Seiko 5 Automatic? Been looking at two different models, the SNK805 and SNZG09. I really want the similar looking, and more expensive Hamilton Khaki Mechanical, but I'll have to settle for a Seiko for the time being.
I have one, its a little small for me but it runs great, and I love the clear case back. If you are interested, I'll make you a good deal on it as I rarely wear it anymore.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:04 AM 02-18-2013
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 09:15 AM 02-23-2013
My wife surprised me with an early birthday present:
[Reply]
RWhisenand 12:10 PM 02-23-2013
Nice! Glad you got the one you wanted!
[Reply]
RWhisenand 12:12 PM 02-23-2013
Watch and smoke from last night.

[Reply]
MurphysLaw 04:47 PM 02-26-2013
Bad news today, I sent my Tag Heuer F1 Chrono in for a battery change, turns out the movement needs to be replaced. They want more than I paid for the watch, so I'm just having them send it back and I'll try to get a second opinion.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 05:11 PM 02-26-2013
Damn Brian. That sux bro. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:24 AM 02-27-2013
Bad news today, I sent my Tag Heuer F1 Chrono in for a battery change, turns out the movement needs to be replaced. They want more than I paid for the watch, so I'm just having them send it back and I'll try to get a second opinion.
Ouch. What's are issues with it?
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 05:52 AM 02-27-2013
Ouch. What's are issues with it?
Oil dried up and seized the movement I think, probably due to the case not being properly sealed after the last battery change (done at the same place) but I'm sure there's no way I can prove it to where they'll make it right.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:45 AM 02-27-2013
Dried up oils does not mean a ruined movement unless sprockets have chewed teeth or something like that. They'd have to most likely disassemble the movement, parts wash it and reassemble.

If you don't mind me asking, how much is the watch worth in LNIB condition? How much was their quote? Was it Tag or an indy watch repair that gave you the quote?
[Reply]
Yellow Cello 08:53 AM 02-27-2013
I own two Reactors (great quality dive watches) and 1 Skagen (dress watch)
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 08:54 AM 02-27-2013
The lady on the phone wasn't exactly sure and I was in shock at $695 for the repair. I think the watch MSRP'd somewhere near $1100 but I bought it at a authorized retailers liquidation at a deep discount. I took it to another authorized retailer who sent it out for the service, so I'm not sure if it went to Tag or not.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:58 AM 02-27-2013
For a quartz service, that sound really steep. I'd write to Tag corporate and tell them the whole story. Their authorized service did not service the watch correctly and because of their failure, your watch is in this state.

What do you want do of this? Would you spring for another watch at a big discount, or just want this one fixed? Do you have receipts for the battery change?
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 12:28 PM 02-27-2013
I'll send them a letter and see if it gets me anywhere. I probably have the receipts stored somewhere, honestly I just want my watch fixed, but if that's not possible I'd probably spring for a replacement if the price was right. I'm going to try another authorized retailer/repair outfit too, they did a great job on my wife's Rolex after she dropped it, and charged a very fair price.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:14 PM 02-27-2013
Last resort is to see what kind of "trade in value" you watch as is has on another watch. Hardly ideal, but have to consider all avenues available to you.

I have a Technomarine that is not working; ETA quartz. Brought it Switzerland and had a master horologist work on it. As soon as I got back, broke again... Frustrating because an nickel more in expense and it's not worth it to me.

Ready to just save the croc strap and throw at the rest.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 02:00 PM 02-27-2013
I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, but if it does, might be a good opportunity to get the His version of the wife's Rolex :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 03:26 PM 02-27-2013
I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, but if it does, might be a good opportunity to get the His version of the wife's Rolex :-)
:-) Yachtmaster II or Daytona?
[Reply]
RWhisenand 08:03 PM 02-27-2013
I'm dropping some serious hints that I want the "his" version of my wife's Seamaster!
[Reply]
Page 69 of 99
« First < 1959676869 707179 > Last »
Up