Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 69 of 96
« First < 1959676869 707179 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
madwilliamflint 01:23 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Playing it now yeah damn, seems pretty great. I just got raped by a frost troll though. Apparently heavy armor and a shield fully upgraded gets me 3 shot OUCH!

I guess you have to avoid it? :-)

Level 5 right now, half way to level 6.
Frost troll? o.O?

I'm L20 I'm not sure I've seen one, unless it was that thing I ran by while yelling OHS**TOHS**TOHS**T on the 7000 steps, in which case, yeah, I just bolted past it.

Now plain old trolls, yeah those are in the Dwemer ruins for the mage guild questline. Having "15x damage while sneaking with dual daggers" is awfully handy for them :-)

Come to think of it, having 15x damage with dual daggers while sneaking is handy for most things.
[Reply]
Bill86 04:20 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
Frost troll? o.O?

I'm L20 I'm not sure I've seen one, unless it was that thing I ran by while yelling OHS**TOHS**TOHS**T on the 7000 steps, in which case, yeah, I just bolted past it.

Now plain old trolls, yeah those are in the Dwemer ruins for the mage guild questline. Having "15x damage while sneaking with dual daggers" is awfully handy for them :-)

Come to think of it, having 15x damage with dual daggers while sneaking is handy for most things.
Yes it was on the 7000 steps, I took it down. Took 2-3 tries but I got the bastage :-)

I'm playing a tank class Orc with sword/shield. Put all my points into health and I'm doing quite well.

Almost level 13 :-)
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:46 PM 11-14-2011
Cool, good to know. I play ninjarific classes. archery/light armor/1-hand/sneak/lockpick. I couldn't get close enough to him before he charged to get in more than one stealth crit with the bow, daggers out of the question. But yeah I'm gonna have to go visit that dude again.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:57 PM 11-14-2011
Still playing almost level 17. Leveling in this game is so easy.

I love this game so much, definitely going to try and play it through with a harder build to play.

I'm doing
One-handed
Block
Heavy Armor
Restoration
Smithing

So far, VERY effortless compared to what it probably should be.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 09:39 AM 11-15-2011
I have some trouble with the stealth build. The first kill is always pretty easy, but after that you're a sitting duck. I've got sneak up to 79 so if there's someplace to run, I'm good. But the Deathlord? Yeah, he's not a fan of letting you get away. It's sufficiently difficult that I've got to think about the combat scenarios, which is about right. In Oblivion I'd get to L6 and just be dogmeat.

I want to try a pure mage build.

And if you havent, definitely play around with enchanting/disenchanting. It's an awful lot of fun. Smithhing looks neat but I don't train it fast enough to make stuff that's better than I've already got. I keep plugging away though, improving everything when I can, keeping raw materials in Breezehome.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 10:31 AM 11-15-2011
Something not about Skyrim!

I just thought of something.

What do you think about the idea of buying a console (don't give a hoot which one) in order to use game rental services (gamefly, etc.)?

I tend to burn an awful lot more than I'd like on games that end up sucking righteously. Now I don't mind paying for games I'm gonna play, But I'll bet if I did the math that I'd be net positive if I could rent to try them (including console cost, a TV, etc) in relatively short order.

what say you?
[Reply]
Bill86 11:52 AM 11-15-2011
Hmm Yeah you might want to try my tank build so far I slay dragons like they are wolves.

Let me get my stats real quick

All gear is legendary Daedric except boots and helmet, I need 2 more daedric hearts and they will be legendary Daedric. Sword/shield same thing.

49 damage one handed with 446 armor rating

Health 280, stamina 140 and magicka 100

Smithing 91
Restoration 30
Heavy Armor 54
Block 40
One-handed 57
Enchanting 22

I'll be leveling enchanting next. I could use some higher block too.

The key is to pound smithing. Just make Iron Daggers in MASS quantities. The higher your smithing the higher you can upgrade items. Daedric armor to Legendary Daedric armor is a BIG boost. Also the quicker you can wear Daedric armor. Most things hit me for minimal damage.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 01:24 PM 11-15-2011
Where do you get that quantity of raw materials? I end up with 2 bits of iron before a node is exhausted.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:09 PM 11-15-2011
I've never even seen the nodes.

Buy them, Iron ingots and leather scraps, they are cheap. You can pound like 15 levels for 1000 gold. Although it gets MUCH harder at 75+ you need a lot more but it is still very easy.

Mehrunes razor quest gives you 2400 gold, Mehrunes razor and 4 daedric hearts.

Excellent quest rewards.
[Reply]
Apoco 06:54 PM 11-15-2011
Oblivion GOTY edition is $5 on steam.

You are losing money by NOT buying it at this price! GET IT (if you don't already have it)!
[Reply]
Bill86 02:25 AM 11-16-2011
Ending the day at level 28. If it weren't for the bugs/glitches....this is about as close to a perfect game as I've seen in YEARS.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:29 AM 11-16-2011
Yep. Menu behaves a little funny and about once every 4 hours I get a CTD. Hit Archmage last night. It was neat but I haven't found anything interesting to do at the mage's college once I topped out. (unless of course getting to archmage isn't tapping out and I haven't realized it yet.)
[Reply]
Apoco 08:17 AM 11-16-2011
Yep. Menu behaves a little funny and about once every 4 hours I get a CTD.
I've been crashing about every 5 hours of game play :/. It is usually right after I zone - so it autosaves anyway. Could be worse :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 08:43 AM 11-16-2011
Biggest problem I have with it (because if I didn't come up with SOMEthing I'd be honor bound to have the skyrim symbol tattooed on my friggin head at this point) is that you HAVE to scroll the menus to get the right selection in to context. You can't just click the thing you want.

That and the fact that there's no category sorting of containers.
[Reply]
Bill86 11:13 AM 11-16-2011
Yep. Menu behaves a little funny and about once every 4 hours I get a CTD. Hit Archmage last night. It was neat but I haven't found anything interesting to do at the mage's college once I topped out. (unless of course getting to archmage isn't tapping out and I haven't realized it yet.)
Yeah I'm one quest away from archmage. Pretty awesome quest lines.

Originally Posted by Apoco:
I've been crashing about every 5 hours of game play :/. It is usually right after I zone - so it autosaves anyway. Could be worse :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Same here. No idea why, oh well.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 11:40 AM 11-16-2011
I need to pick another guild to run though. Haven't been able to pick. Seems like Riften is the thieves guild city. I went a fair bit through Companions but... I stopped at what will be an obvious point to people who've done that line.

Not sure what else there is.

Still not committing to Imperial or stormwhatchamacallits.
[Reply]
Bill86 11:41 AM 11-16-2011
Yeah after I finish the last two mage quests I'll need to do the same.

Is there an arena in this game or no?
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 11:49 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Yeah after I finish the last two mage quests I'll need to do the same.

Is there an arena in this game or no?
Haven't seen it but there's gotta be. I've explored what seems like nothing so far. Spent a lot of time heading Northeast, found some neat stuff. I might head back to the main questline or knock off some of these misc quests I've been accumulating.
[Reply]
Bill86 12:35 PM 11-16-2011
Haven't seen it but there's gotta be. I've explored what seems like nothing so far. Spent a lot of time heading Northeast, found some neat stuff. I might head back to the main questline or knock off some of these misc quests I've been accumulating.
Yeah that's what I am doing today just the miscellaneous quests. I would love to find an arena though
[Reply]
Bill86 03:45 PM 11-16-2011
Just hit level 30. Some of the bonuses higher in the trees are just amazing. I just snagged conditioning and matching armor. I run at full speed in full daedric now with matching armor gave me a nice +100 armor rating.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 96
« First < 1959676869 707179 > Last »
Up