Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 69 of 352
« First < 1959676869 707179119169 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
bonjing 12:07 AM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by Cigarcop:
Hey any of you Ar guru's, whatcha think about the Troy Industries Rails...I need a 11 or 12" Rail for a project and not exactly sure what direction to go.

Def Rifle length, full free float, one piece, was also thinking DD Light rail for a bit more cashola>
from my personal experience I L-O-V-E my DD light rails. I can't seem to explain why but I do. I have the Midwest Industries, in my opinion MI = Troy (they are about the same. I have both the rifle length rails, and the DD rails make my rifle feel lighter and more manageable. My rifle with the MI feels very front heavy and not very maneuverable. The only thing I like from Troy is their sights.

-eta-
spend the extra cash and get the DD, in my opinion. or look at one of Larue's builds.
Cigarcop 08:39 AM 01-28-2010
This is going on my 6.5 Grendel, pics a few pages back and will most likely only be shot in the prone position of Bipod.
Diesel Kinevel 12:55 PM 01-28-2010
Troy is top of the line IMO. I have never heard anything bad about any of their products.

-Z
JE3146 01:06 PM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by Diesel Kinevel:
Troy is top of the line IMO. I have never heard anything bad about any of their products.

-Z
I wouldn't say top, but definitely close.

They're quality in my book. :-)
Cigarcop 02:48 PM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by JE3146:
I wouldn't say top, but definitely close.

They're quality in my book. :-)

Its about time you chimed in Jordan!!!

Yeah I thought they were in the middle range and wanted something a bit better than YH not didn't need Larue, so I was thinking DD or the Troy.

Thanks guys
JE3146 03:45 PM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by Cigarcop:
Its about time you chimed in Jordan!!!

Yeah I thought they were in the middle range and wanted something a bit better than YH not didn't need Larue, so I was thinking DD or the Troy.

Thanks guys
Been a bit busy lately. Sorry :-)

Larue is overkill(price) for most applications, but I'd consider them one of the top rail producers on the market. Hard to beat their customer service as well.

I'd rate DD and Troy about on par with each other. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either of them. I'd give the edge to whatever style your looking at with the best price. :-)
tuxpuff 06:24 PM 01-28-2010
any suggestions for a home security 12 gauge? I haven't owned a firearm since I was about 15.
Posted via Mobile Device
0002S 06:26 PM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by tuxpuff:
any suggestions for a home security 12 gauge? I haven't owned a firearm since I was about 15.
Posted via Mobile Device
Remington 870 or Mossberg 590

Either will do
okieRob 06:48 PM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by 0002S:
Remington 870 or Mossberg 590

Either will do
I love my 870 super mag. A synthetic stock for dragging through the duck pond and it will take 3.5 inch goose shells. It isn't fancy but it is rock solid.
JE3146 07:15 PM 01-28-2010
Posted via Mobile Device
Remington 870HD

Comes all prepped to be a decent home defense shottie.

I'd recommend a round of birdshot followed by some 00 Buck.
0002S 07:23 PM 01-28-2010
I suggest a slug to shoot through a wall/door followed by 00 defensive buck. But...that's just me.
AAlmeter 07:52 PM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by JE3146:

I'd recommend a round of birdshot followed by some 00 Buck.
This makes me curious.....

I agree on the 870. Both the 870 and 500 are ultra reliable shotguns. I prefer the 870.
tuxpuff 07:53 PM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by AAlmeter:
This makes me curious.....
Warning shot maybe? :-)
tuxpuff 08:01 PM 01-28-2010
Do you have to buy shotguns locally? No online selling? Sorry I'm a total newb!
AAlmeter 08:02 PM 01-28-2010
Warning shot maybe? :-)
Thats what I figured. Be sure to check local laws. Here in NY, if you even think of demonstrating lethal force, you best be in a position where it is absolutely necessary and your life (or another's) is in immediate jeopardy. (yeah yeah, better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6)

Because of that, I start off with 00, and if that doesn't do the trick....slugs. Hopefully the whole getup turns out to be nothing bust a dust collector though...
AAlmeter 08:04 PM 01-28-2010
Do you have to buy shotguns locally? No online selling? Sorry I'm a total newb!
Either or. To buy one online, you would need to it have shipped to a local FFL (dealer) who will then transfer it to you. Honestly though, for an 870 or 500, your best deal will likely be at a Dick's or similar large sporting goods store. Last I looked, they stocked the HD shotguns and I think even had a marine version there. They tend to get great prices on common guns like that because they deal in such volume.
tuxpuff 08:15 PM 01-28-2010
Thats what I figured. Be sure to check local laws. Here in NY, if you even think of demonstrating lethal force, you best be in a position where it is absolutely necessary and your life (or another's) is in immediate jeopardy. (yeah yeah, better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6)

Because of that, I start off with 00, and if that doesn't do the trick....slugs. Hopefully the whole getup turns out to be nothing bust a dust collector though...
I think it's pretty much the wild west here in Texas. If you remember a few years back a guy was watching over his neighbors house and seen guys stealing from it and shot them dead. They let him go. Don't rob a house in Texas!
tuxpuff 08:16 PM 01-28-2010
Either or. To buy one online, you would need to it have shipped to a local FFL (dealer) who will then transfer it to you. Honestly though, for an 870 or 500, your best deal will likely be at a Dick's or similar large sporting goods store. Last I looked, they stocked the HD shotguns and I think even had a marine version there. They tend to get great prices on common guns like that because they deal in such volume.
OK great...thanks for the info! One last question...is there a waiting period when buying a shotgun? I'm in no rush but would be interested in knowing. Thanks!
GreekGodX 08:19 PM 01-28-2010
Anybody have any thoughts on a HK 45c?? My local store has a like new one for 889. They said it has been fired once. Good deal? I've only shot the full size 45.
AAlmeter 08:22 PM 01-28-2010
OK great...thanks for the info! One last question...is there a waiting period when buying a shotgun? I'm in no rush but would be interested in knowing. Thanks!
Nothing federally mandated. Nothing in NY, and I sure as hell would assume there would be no waiting period in TX, but I've never lived there so I can't say for sure. You will be required to go through an instant background check (if yo buy from a dealer) though. Assuming you have a clean record, are a citizen, and there's no confusion (you aren't the 98378th Bob Smith in your town), its usually a 15 minute process from starting the paperwork to getting your approval.
Page 69 of 352
« First < 1959676869 707179119169 > Last »
Up