Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 68 of 82
« First < 1858666768 697078 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
icehog3 12:31 AM 04-24-2012
The Coyotes have a world-class goaltender, and the Hawks have a mediocre one at best. I fear he will be back bewteen the pipes next season though.

I will still watch all the NHL playoffs as I love hockey, but it won't be the same for me.
Bigwaved 02:26 AM 04-24-2012
What a f'n joke of a goal and replay call. Why have rules or the replay if you can't get the obvious crap correct. It was nice to see Neil kissing the ice after a solid shoulder to his mug in the 3rd. WTG, Del Zotto.
Originally Posted by gpugliese:
Thank goodness the Rangers were up by two, because if that "goal" had tied or won the game ... that would have been interesting.

Too bad they can't review pitchforking the goalie out of the crease.

Eleven 06:15 AM 04-24-2012
The West is upside down!

And the East can end up that way too. Hockey is a fickle b*tch :-)
SteelCityBoy 02:04 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The Coyotes have a world-class goaltender, and the Hawks have a mediocre one at best. I fear he will be back bewteen the pipes next season though.

I will still watch all the NHL playoffs as I love hockey, but it won't be the same for me.
I am with you Tom. Bryzgolov was hardly world-class, but he did enough to win game 6 and eliminate my beloved Pens. I don't know how much further the Flyers will go if he doesn't button it up. We have no room to talk though the way that Fluery played. Even if we managed the crazy comeback I wouldn't have had much faith in going deeper with his play along with the play of our defense. Oh well, I'll still watch because I too love hockey.

Guess I'm pulling for the Panthers now...the team that no one seems to care about! :-)
icehog3 02:18 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
I am with you Tom. Bryzgolov was hardly world-class, but he did enough to win game 6 and eliminate my beloved Pens. I don't know how much further the Flyers will go if he doesn't button it up. We have no room to talk though the way that Fluery played. Even if we managed the crazy comeback I wouldn't have had much faith in going deeper with his play along with the play of our defense. Oh well, I'll still watch because I too love hockey.

Guess I'm pulling for the Panthers now...the team that no one seems to care about! :-)
Bryzgolov won't get the Flyers a Cup if he plays the way he played against Pittsburgh, teams are sure to tighten up against the Flyers' potent offense.

I am rooting for the #8 seeds now, though I have little hope of either making the Finals. Rooting for the Kings because I don't care for the Blues or Preds, and the Yotes knocked my Hawks out of the playoffs.

Rooting for the Sens because Craig Anderson is a friend and ex-teammate.
MurphysLaw 02:24 PM 04-24-2012

Hey now, there are a couple of us that care about the Panthers :-)
icehog3 02:25 PM 04-24-2012
Interesting to note that if the Capitals beat the Bruins tomorrow night, the last 4 Stanley Cup Champions (Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Detroit) will all have been eliminated in the 1st round. Welcome to the NHL in the salary cap era.
SteelCityBoy 02:26 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Hey now, there are a couple of us that care about the Panthers :-)
Whoops! I still remember when they beat us back in the mid 90's in the playoffs....all those dang rats that would be thrown on the ice and take forever to clean up!

We'll see, they have me pulling for them! :-)

Don't like the Rangers, Flyers, or Devils...don't want to see Boston or Washington out of the east so yep....Go Panthers!
icehog3 02:33 PM 04-24-2012

Don't like the Rangers, Flyers, or Devils...don't want to see Boston or Washington out of the east so yep....Go Panthers!
Don't count the Sens out yet, anything can happen in a Game 7. :-)
MurphysLaw 02:39 PM 04-24-2012
Speaking of the rats, the NHL has now banned the team from selling them at the games
link
yourchoice 03:11 PM 04-24-2012
Bryzgolov won't get the Flyers a Cup if he plays the way he played against Pittsburgh, teams are sure to tighten up against the Flyers' potent offense.
No doubt about that, but Bryz didn't play nearly as well as he did the month before his injury. I know the team isn't saying he's injured, but I would have to think (HOPE) that he was still feeling the effects of his bone chip, and this week of rest can do nothing but help.

Rooting for the Sens because Craig Anderson is a friend and ex-teammate.
That's awesome Tom! I didn't realize you played at that high of a level!
icehog3 11:46 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
That's awesome Tom! I didn't realize you played at that high of a level!
I didn't, Joel....Craig played at that low of a level as his brother is a defenseman on my team. Craig played defense for us when he was between the Panthers and the Avalanche...him playing goalie in our league would have been a crime! :-)
icehog3 12:18 AM 04-25-2012
Three Game 7's in the next 2 days...I love playoff hockey!

Rooting for the Capitals, Sens and Panthers. Don't expect any of the three of them to win, though. :-)
taltos 02:21 PM 04-25-2012
Thanks Tom after I rooted for the Hawks all season.:-):-)
icehog3 03:31 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by taltos:
Thanks Tom after I rooted for the Hawks all season.:-):-)
I won't be heartbroken if the Caps lose, Paul....I just wanted the Bruins to wait until it could be a Hawks-Bruins Finals. :-)
icehog3 03:50 PM 04-25-2012
Took these photos of the new statues put up at the United Center to honor Stan Mikita and Bobby Hull:

kugie 08:30 PM 04-25-2012
Crap!
Hard Fought series, Congrats to the Caps!
No Dog in this Fight any more, but...
Go Caps, Blues, and Preds.
icehog3 08:32 PM 04-25-2012
Interesting to note that if the Capitals beat the Bruins tomorrow night, the last 4 Stanley Cup Champions (Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Detroit) will all have been eliminated in the 1st round. Welcome to the NHL in the salary cap era.
Wow. Congrats to the Caps, and to the Bruins for their great run.
Bruins Fan 08:34 PM 04-25-2012
One and done I called that early in the season just no fire power.
Got to blow it up to many scrap heap guys on the team.
taltos 08:42 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Speaking of the rats, the NHL has now banned the team from selling them at the games
link
Can the Panthers give the rats away? Congrats to the Caps and their fans. It was a good series.
Page 68 of 82
« First < 1858666768 697078 > Last »
Up