Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 68 of 104
« First < 1858666768 697078 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
SmokeyJoe 09:41 PM 05-11-2009
Congrats, Tom, on an incredible win by the Hawks. :-)
jamesb3 09:45 PM 05-11-2009
Congrats to your Hawks Tom. Here's hoping the Wings can get it done tomorrow and complete our dream matchup.

GO WINGS!!
MedicCook 10:02 PM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
Congrats to your Hawks Tom. Here's hoping the Wings can get it done tomorrow and complete our dream matchup.

GO WINGS!!
:-)
gpugliese 10:31 PM 05-11-2009
I'm a Rangers fan, but I'm really hoping for a Blackhawks/Bruins Stanley Cup Final. I wouldn't mind Washington or to a lesser extent Detroit getting in, but at this point I'm sick of Pittsburgh and Anaheim.

Also, earlier in the playoffs, a Vancouver newspaper asked fans to send in their best parade routes (link may or may not work) using Google Maps.

A Rangers fan came up with this, LOL:

So much for those routes...
icehog3 12:06 AM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Congrats to Tom's Blackhawks on the series win.
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Congrats Tom!
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Congrats, Tom, on an incredible win by the Hawks. :-)
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
Thanks Guys! First trip to the Conference Finals in 14 years, been a long time coming.

Hawks will definitely be the underdogs to the Wings (they are gonna finish Anaheim tomorrow), but hey, they play the games for a reason. I just have to hope the Ozzie is average, because I know the Wings are gonna score some goals.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!
icehog3 12:57 AM 05-12-2009

Ahbroody 01:51 AM 05-12-2009
Congrats Tom.
This years playoffs make me realize just how screwed the Sharks are and we as fans.

The Blackhawks are a good young team and will likely have multiple runs at the cups in the next few years. Very exciting game. To see Luongo raped in such a manner repeatedly was very suprising.
taltos 04:24 AM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
neither does ovi....No disrespect Al, you know I love your family but thinking that the league is some how making the series go this way or that so that this guy will win a ring is really not rational thinking.
They are certainly engaging in selective punishment when it comes to suspensions in the post season.
kugie 04:48 AM 05-12-2009
Tonight B's Canes Can't wait

Lets go BRUINS. Game 7 at home.
loki 05:01 AM 05-12-2009
great to see the hawks advancing
ahc4353 05:46 AM 05-12-2009
None taken. And I agree with you. Just found it interesting that thought come up twice.

neither does ovi....No disrespect Al, you know I love your family but thinking that the league is some how making the series go this way or that so that this guy will win a ring is really not rational thinking.

loki 06:20 AM 05-12-2009
after this series I will no longer accept "ovi is the best player" comments. He's a cheap shot artist, he's out to hurt people, he's a cherry picker, and he's a no class dirty player. He is a tremendous goal scorer, he is not a two way player. Give me Sid, give me Malkin, give me Stall, give me the caps goalie whose name I will not even try and spell, give me havlat. you can keep ovi
ahc4353 06:56 AM 05-12-2009
OK I'll keep Ovi and Stall you keep the rest.

We must not be watching the same guy. Cherry picker I'll give but the other, not so sure.
Sawyer 07:01 AM 05-12-2009
after this series I will no longer accept "ovi is the best player" comments. He's a cheap shot artist, he's out to hurt people, he's a cherry picker, and he's a no class dirty player. He is a tremendous goal scorer, he is not a two way player. Give me Sid, give me Malkin, give me Stall, give me the caps goalie whose name I will not even try and spell, give me havlat. you can keep ovi
And most people would say you can keep Cindy. He is a diver, a whiner and a cry baby who doesn't deserve to wear the C. I know I wouldn't want that crap on my team. Also, I still haven't seen this angle that shows definitively that Ovechkin was out to hurt Gonchar. It just seems like an unfortunate injury to me. You say that Ovechkin is not a two way player but his +/- is 11 and he has 20 points for the playoffs. You may not like the guy because he is playing against your team, but the kid is good.
loki 07:08 AM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by Sawyer:
And most people would say you can keep Cindy. He is a diver, a whiner and a cry baby who doesn't deserve to wear the C. I know I wouldn't want that crap on my team. Also, I still haven't seen this angle that shows definitively that Ovechkin was out to hurt Gonchar. It just seems like an unfortunate injury to me. You say that Ovechkin is not a two way player but his +/- is 11 and he has 20 points for the playoffs. You may not like the guy because he is playing against your team, but the kid is good.
I don't care who he's playing against, every hit he has could be called a charge and this goes way past the gonchar hit. you can not honestly think he's a two way player? he spends the majority of the time in the neutral zone hanging out by the offensive zone blue. He's a tremendous goal scorer, he have ungodly power, he is a dirty player

does sid deserve the C, I don't know. I'm not in the locker room. And after last nights game you can kindly STFU about diving. the caps were falling over like cuban ash in a breeze last night so I don't want to hear it.

can we all agree that the new sticks suck?
Sawyer 07:16 AM 05-12-2009
I don't care who he's playing against, every hit he has could be called a charge and this goes way past the gonchar hit. you can not honestly think he's a two way player? he spends the majority of the time in the neutral zone hanging out by the offensive zone blue. He's a tremendous goal scorer, he have ungodly power, he is a dirty player

does sid deserve the C, I don't know. I'm not in the locker room. And after last nights game you can kindly STFU about diving. the caps were falling over like cuban ash in a breeze last night so I don't want to hear it.

can we all agree that the new sticks suck?
So since other people take dives it is okay for Crosby to do it? As far as being a two-way player, all I can say is not a lot of goals are scored by the other team while he is on the ice.
loki 07:28 AM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by Sawyer:
So since other people take dives it is okay for Crosby to do it?
where did I ever say that?

well back to cigar chat for me
King James 08:19 AM 05-12-2009
Caps/Pens and Hawks/Canucks series were both great to watch last night. Glad the Hawks move on and think this Caps/Pens series deserves a game 7 it has been so awesome.
glassjapan 08:21 AM 05-12-2009
Not sure which player you're watching. I see him backchecking, forechecking, and for the most part working his butt off. Except for the times, and they can be a lot sometimes, when he stays on the ice too long. I like star players that will smash you in the mouth. Take their hits and dish them out. "Dirty" to me is stickwork. Dirty is jumping the opposing centerman and sneaking him when he doesn't know it's coming. Dirty is getting in the scrum and punching a guy in the sack when his back is to you. Can't stand soft players that stay in the refs ear. But that's just me...
icehog3 08:45 AM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by glassjapan:
Can't stand soft players that stay in the refs ear. But that's just me...
Hmmmmm....who could that be describing? :-)
Page 68 of 104
« First < 1858666768 697078 > Last »
Up