Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 68 of 96
« First < 1858666768 697078 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
Bill86 09:47 AM 11-07-2011
I can't wait to play the new Batman, should be out on PC soon. MW3 isn't exciting me too much, I'll knock out the single player but meh.

Battlefield 3 single player is so bad I gave up.

Surprisingly Payday : The Heist has been one of the better games as of lately, at least for single player replay value. It's like $20 for the game and I've got 30 hours into it already. I'm not even half way through the reputation levels.
[Reply]
Kreth 10:31 AM 11-07-2011
Still bangin' away on Oblivion. I'm Arena Grand Champion, finished Knights of the Nine, and working through the Fighter's Guild and main quest line. I think I'll save Shivering Isles for last.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 12:07 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Still bangin' away on Oblivion. I'm Arena Grand Champion, finished Knights of the Nine, and working through the Fighter's Guild and main quest line. I think I'll save Shivering Isles for last.
Posted via Mobile Device
what's your character build like? I start out ok, but end up getting slaughtered after I level a few times. Stealth hits are great when I can manage them, but when I can't I get trounced.

(err... "got trounced". I finally just gave up.)
[Reply]
irratebass 01:23 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:

And I tell ya, you guys are really starting to pull me towards the Batmans. I haven't heard a single negative word from any of you.
Easily Game Of The Year......so far. I am sure AC or Skyrim will beat it, but it's going to be hard. Bats is a very solid fun game and it's not that easy, it's challenging to say the least.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 01:56 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Easily Game Of The Year......so far. I am sure AC or Skyrim will beat it, but it's going to be hard. Bats is a very solid fun game and it's not that easy, it's challenging to say the least.
Alright. Good enoguh for me. Sadly my job looks like it's likely ending at the end of November (but they can't tell me for SURE, so could I just pretend everything's ducky? kthxbai) so I won't be buying any more games for a while (says the guy who preordered SWTOR and Skyrim and bought a year of WoW all at once.)

Hopefully Steam will have some sale bundle deal in a few months, maybe after ME3 *swoon*.
[Reply]
Bax 03:41 PM 11-07-2011
Alright. Good enoguh for me. Sadly my job looks like it's likely ending at the end of November (but they can't tell me for SURE, so could I just pretend everything's ducky? kthxbai) so I won't be buying any more games for a while (says the guy who preordered SWTOR and Skyrim and bought a year of WoW all at once.)

Hopefully Steam will have some sale bundle deal in a few months, maybe after ME3 *swoon*.
I haven't preordered it, but I'm looking forward to Start Wars too :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 05:44 AM 11-08-2011
what's your character build like? I start out ok, but end up getting slaughtered after I level a few times. Stealth hits are great when I can manage them, but when I can't I get trounced.

(err... "got trounced". I finally just gave up.)
It's a custom "Ranger" build from a FAQ. Off the top of my head, Blade, Light Armor, Marksman, Illusion, Restoration, and Sneak are major skills. It works pretty well, although I got a little lax boosting Marksman early on and had to correct that. Sniping is fun once you get the zoom ability at Journeyman... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
irratebass 04:49 AM 11-11-2011
Traded in Batman last night...got $47like for it!!!! Had $28 down on Saints Row: The Third....paid it off and put $9 down on ME3. Yesterday was a good day.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 11:30 AM 11-11-2011
Skyrim.

Is.

Awesome.
[Reply]
Obscura 12:21 PM 11-11-2011
Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road DLC
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 10:12 PM 11-11-2011
I...
I just spent 15 straight hours playing Skyrim.

I think my eyeballs are bleeding.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:15 PM 11-11-2011
I...

:-)

Damn man, I'll be playing tomorrow for sure. How awesome is it?
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 10:27 PM 11-11-2011
It's that awesome. No more classes. I was going to be upset about that but it works really well. Looking at the achievements it seems like the level cap is at least 50. There are a few different kinds of advancement.

Pacing is really good. Environmental effects are awesome. They really ran with the crafting aspect as well. You can make and enhance items. Durability is out, as are those awful repair hammers.

v. impressed.
[Reply]
Apoco 06:00 AM 11-12-2011
I...

Steam says I played for 10 hours yesterday.

Sounds about right. I took breaks :-)
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 01:17 PM 11-12-2011
Ugh. Then I got myself invited to the SWTOR beta this weekend. So much for productivity. Meh.
[Reply]
yachties23 07:57 AM 11-13-2011
This is a bad month for me. I just finished Batman, picked up Skyrim and MW3 yesterday. MW3 still suffers from some of the flaws of mw2, although its 100 percent better than BOPS.

I doubt ill get too serious into it. SKyrim is insane, and I'm barely 2 hours in.

AC:Revelations Tuesday, and Uncharted 3 still sitting in the wrapper...

After 6 months of absolute trash on the consoles, we get hit with 5 seriously playable games...

Originally Posted by Bill86:
:-)

Damn man, I'll be playing tomorrow for sure. How awesome is it?

[Reply]
irratebass 08:46 AM 11-13-2011
Just started playing AC: Brotherhood while waiting on Saints Row to drop.
[Reply]
Bill86 04:03 PM 11-13-2011
It's that awesome. No more classes. I was going to be upset about that but it works really well. Looking at the achievements it seems like the level cap is at least 50. There are a few different kinds of advancement.

Pacing is really good. Environmental effects are awesome. They really ran with the crafting aspect as well. You can make and enhance items. Durability is out, as are those awful repair hammers.

v. impressed.
Playing it now yeah damn, seems pretty great. I just got raped by a frost troll though. Apparently heavy armor and a shield fully upgraded gets me 3 shot OUCH!

I guess you have to avoid it? :-)

Level 5 right now, half way to level 6.
[Reply]
Apoco 11:29 AM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Playing it now yeah damn, seems pretty great. I just got raped by a frost troll though. Apparently heavy armor and a shield fully upgraded gets me 3 shot OUCH!

I guess you have to avoid it? :-)

Level 5 right now, half way to level 6.
Frost trolls are a higher level than you. Try again in 10 levels :-)

I got OWNED by a giant the first time I tried to kill one. After I got some levels under my feet and upgraded in the skills menu it became much easier :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Bill86 12:45 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by Apoco:
Frost trolls are a higher level than you. Try again in 10 levels :-)

I got OWNED by a giant the first time I tried to kill one. After I got some levels under my feet and upgraded in the skills menu it became much easier :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Well my build succeeded easily after the first 2 tries. There's a strategy, once you get it down you're good.

I killed a Frost Troll at level 5 and another at level 7.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 96
« First < 1858666768 697078 > Last »
Up