Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 67 of 195
« First < 1757656667 686977117167 > Last »
Discussion>Whats in your bowl?
Subvet642 04:31 AM 11-06-2010
Smoking some of the Blend 5 I got in the mail; pretty good so far.
[Reply]
Martel 06:00 AM 11-06-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
they still make it, but its only available overseas.

Orlik Golden Sliced. Still undecided on this blend. Very 1 dimensional.
I liked 3 Nuns, but never as much as I enjoy Escudo. Frank, how old is your Orlik? I think this one really needs at least a year in the tin to show its stuff.

Just started a bowl of Marlin Flake in my Boswell nosewarmer.

Cheers,
G
[Reply]
BigFrank 06:23 AM 11-06-2010
Originally Posted by Martel:
I liked 3 Nuns, but never as much as I enjoy Escudo. Frank, how old is your Orlik? I think this one really needs at least a year in the tin to show its stuff.

Just started a bowl of Marlin Flake in my Boswell nosewarmer.

Cheers,
G
Orlik was under 6 months...I have taken a liking to some burley / va blends, but I like them to be more a long the lines of darker flavors. Orlik was a little too much in the bright VA vein.
[Reply]
Yardgnome 07:01 AM 11-06-2010
I've been through a tin and a half of eileen's dream this week, getting ready to head up to Faders to pick up some new stuff to try
[Reply]
BigFrank 10:49 AM 11-06-2010
Another go round with Peterson's University Flake for me. Rubbed the flakes out fully this time. It's smoking a lot more smooth that just stuffing flakes. Still undecided so far, but maybe after finding the best way to load this baccy into the pipe something will come about...
[Reply]
physiognomy 12:58 PM 11-06-2010
I pulled a sample jar of MM 965 last night & (after some indecision) settled on a Tsuge brandy... Smooth, complex & satisfying. It also paired very well with the puerh tea I was drinking.
[Reply]
Yardgnome 02:22 PM 11-06-2010
Faders #314, Ashton Winding Road, and Maltese Falcon all in my SMS meer.

I think I might have a new favorite in Maltese Falcon
[Reply]
WyGuy 02:37 PM 11-06-2010
GLP Westminster
[Reply]
BigFrank 04:51 PM 11-06-2010
Originally Posted by Yardgnome:
I think I might have a new favorite in Maltese Falcon
It's some good stuff bro. I love it, might wanna give Key Largo a shot too. Key Largo is one of my desert island smokes.
[Reply]
Martel 06:05 PM 11-06-2010
Originally Posted by WyGuy:
GLP Westminster
Me too, in a Larsen billiard.

Cheers,
G
[Reply]
BigFrank 07:27 AM 11-07-2010
McClelland's Blackwood Flake. One of my top VA blends. Next order I might pick up some blending perique and try adding it to this blend when I need a little spice.
[Reply]
Yardgnome 01:29 PM 11-07-2010
Maltese Falcon and Dunhill Standard(Thats what the jar was labeled, not sure if it was correct, I've seen some other stuff mis-labeled there before)
[Reply]
Martel 02:11 PM 11-07-2010
McClelland's Blackwood Flake. One of my top VA blends...
Me too, although I like Dark Star just a little better.

HOTW this afternoon.

Cheers,
G
[Reply]
BigFrank 03:10 PM 11-07-2010
HOTW this afternoon.
Got a sample of Dark Star that I've been waiting to try. HOTW is some good shat too...Just cracked open a tin of Westminster, then smoked two bowls straight...
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:51 PM 11-07-2010
Hows Westminster? When I was into English blends I heard Westminster wqas one of the best english's out there. Now that I rarely smoke english tobacco I havent actually found out if it was "the one"
[Reply]
Martel 04:06 PM 11-07-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Hows Westminster? When I was into English blends I heard Westminster wqas one of the best english's out there. Now that I rarely smoke english tobacco I havent actually found out if it was "the one"
It's pretty terrific. The more I smoke it, the closer it gets to being my all-time favorite English. I don't know if you've ever smoked Margate, but it has a similar flavor profile, but I think Westminster has even more depth and sophistication. PM me your addy if you'd like to try some.

Cheers,
G
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 04:07 PM 11-07-2010
It's pretty terrific. The more I smoke it, the closer it gets to being my all-time favorite English. I don't know if you've ever smoked Margate, but it has a similar flavor profile, but I think Westminster has even more depth and sophistication. PM me your addy if you'd like to try some.

Cheers,
G
Very Gracious! Thank you!
PM incoming.
[Reply]
Martel 04:09 PM 11-07-2010
Got a sample of Dark Star that I've been waiting to try. HOTW is some good shat too...Just cracked open a tin of Westminster, then smoked two bowls straight...
Frank, let that Dark Star dry out some... it is almost impossible to keep lit the way it comes out of the tin.

Cheers,
G
[Reply]
hotreds 05:35 PM 11-07-2010
Well, have gone through my aromatics now. I liked most of them, some not so much, some provided tongue bite that was most unpleasant. A few of the stand-outs:

Tobacco Barn Cambridge
4noggins McRaspberry
Lane 1-Q

I'll now try the non-aros that some nice members here have sent me to try.
[Reply]
BigFrank 05:46 PM 11-07-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
I'm still in the "learning" phase with Westminster. It's definelty top of the line tobacco, as are all of GLP's blends. It is pretty straight forward at first. Lots of latakia, with the orientals and Va's way in the back. But the last 1/3 of the bowl, the orientals started poking through, as did the VA's which really made it interesting. I'm not sure why they waiting until the final part to come along. I'd like to find something with less latakia, and more orientals to try to be honest. I enjoy a latakia blend dont get me wrong, but I'm starting to want less of it. If I want latakia I'll just reach for a lat bomb. But I'm trying to find something thats not so Lat right in my face so much.

Frank, let that Dark Star dry out some... it is almost impossible to keep lit the way it comes out of the tin.
I read a lot of reviews on it, and plan on well drying it before hand. As I do most McClelland VA tobaccos.

Originally Posted by hotreds:
Well, have gone through my aromatics now. I liked most of them, some not so much, some provided tongue bite that was most unpleasant. A few of the stand-outs:

Tobacco Barn Cambridge
4noggins McRaspberry
Lane 1-Q

I'll now try the non-aros that some nice members here have sent me to try.
1-Q is a staple for me. I always keep a jar with 4-8 ounces on my desk. If a blend I'm trying turns out to be a stinker, I usually just fill some 1-Q up and smoke that. Plus it's damn cheap.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 195
« First < 1757656667 686977117167 > Last »
Up