Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 67 of 75
« First < 1757656667 6869 > Last »
Sports>NHL 2013 Thread
AdamJoshua 10:24 PM 06-15-2013
Ok just one ..

icehog3 10:47 PM 06-15-2013
Congrats to the Bs fans, they dominated the OT and it seemed like they were destined to win. Best of 5 now, Boys.

Crawford was awesome, I feel bad for him.

Funny note....got a heavy downpour during the OT, and my DirecTV went out for about 45 seconds. When it came back, first thing I saw was Shawn Thornton celebrating. It's like the gods conspired to spare me from watching the goal live. And I thank them. :-)

Monday can't come soon enough...Let's Go Hawks! :-)
AdamJoshua 10:49 PM 06-15-2013
LOL! Hmm well there are Hockey Gods .. I guess they have DirectTV Gods too and they have an in with the Chicago branch of hockey Gods .. or something .. lol it's been a long night :-)

p.s. I still have a hard time liking Rask :-)
icehog3 10:54 PM 06-15-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
LOL! Hmm well there are Hockey Gods .. I guess they have DirectTV Gods too and they have an in with the Chicago branch of hockey Gods .. or something .. lol it's been a long night :-)

p.s. I still have a hard time liking Rask :-)
It's a shame, I am loving Corey Crawford.
AdamJoshua 10:56 PM 06-15-2013
I'm afraid if i turn around and like him I'll jinx it. *knocks on the coffee table leg*

Fun video .. ok bruins fan homer video, it's the NHL "I was there" video for the 3 goal come back / OT Win game, all home shot videos and interviews with the people in them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDtWR7IKZb4
icehog3 10:58 PM 06-15-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I'm afraid if i turn around and like him I'll jinx it. *knocks on the coffee table leg*

Fun video .. ok bruins fan homer video, it's the NHL "I was there" video for the 3 goal come back / OT Win game, all home shot videos and interviews with the people in them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDtWR7IKZb4
Please forgive me if I choose to wait for Monday for hockey, Adam. :-)
AdamJoshua 11:12 PM 06-15-2013
:-)

I'm a win high gotta live for the moment, but I get ya!
icehog3 11:23 PM 06-15-2013
Ahbroody 11:30 PM 06-15-2013
So far shaping up to be one of the best cup series. Each game is so close.
AdamJoshua 12:28 AM 06-16-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:

more like

vs

Point Boston.
massphatness 05:42 AM 06-16-2013
I've come to be a Bs fan over the past 7 or 8 years, though I by no means live & die with them. It's a good thing: this series has got to be taking years off the life expectancies of both Hawks & Bs fans alike.

The hockey fan without a rooting interest is getting everything they could want in this Cup.
AdamJoshua 07:40 AM 06-16-2013
I know a couple people here in SD that aren't really hockey fans at all that have been glued to the t.v., game one sucked them in, people that really had no idea how tough, fast and exciting hockey is are all texting and posting me asking questions about the game, different rules, they are all getting hooked. This is really what the NHL needed after a crappy lockout shortened season. Hopefully they can build off of this.
kugie 08:33 AM 06-16-2013
What a game last night! The way the Hawks came out of the gate was stifling.
Hitting, shooting, fore check you name it.
The B's were back on their heels.
But it looked like the Hawks punched themselves out of the game they gave it all they had in the first two periods and did not have enough left for the 3rd and overtime :-)

Monday is going to be great I have my sons spring hockey game 6-7 get home in time for the drop of the puck.

Wednesday is going to be epic. I'm going to my first Stanley cup playoff finals game.
And even better The ticket was FREE! :-)

I don't mean to brag but I am so psyched :-)
AdamJoshua 08:41 AM 06-16-2013
How does a +12 rating win you the Norris??? What a joke.
dijit 08:46 AM 06-16-2013
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I've come to be a Bs fan over the past 7 or 8 years, though I by no means live & die with them. It's a good thing: this series has got to be taking years off the life expectancies of both Hawks & Bs fans alike.

The hockey fan without a rooting interest is getting everything they could want in this Cup.
It may be taking years off my life but damn the elevated heart rate must be good for something! Die hard Hawks fan since the days after the Indianapolis Racers folded. Best finals I have seen since then and its only two games so far!
icehog3 09:09 AM 06-16-2013
Enjoy the Game, Joe, nothing like a Finals game in person. :-)

Adam, those you described are fair-weather fans. They are "hooked" for the last part of the ride to a potential Cup, and will be "unhooked" as soon as the celebration is over.

Damn stupid Sundays! Bring on Monday! :-)
AdamJoshua 10:33 AM 06-16-2013
I agree Tom but the NHL has to get fans some how, if a few here and there stick the league is better off, hell LA Just won the cup and they are only 2 hours up the road and still very few fans in these parts. For me they are the best pro-sports league they really need to work on their fan base, of course this is nothing they don't know, but a lockout certainly doesn't help.

You'd think they would learn from the MLB, Toronto won 2 championships in a row, there was a lock out and they are STILL paying for it, for years after the lockout they couldn't give away tickets in Toronto and they had a championship team.
icehog3 01:50 PM 06-16-2013
I get what you are saying, Adam, if one in 20 remains a fan, the NHL is still better off than they were before.

I got a little aggravated in 2010 when all these people who never gave a sh!t about hockey were telling me they got to see the Cup here pr there. At least it motivated me, and I got snuck into the Hawks' President's private party and gave her a kiss. :-)
AdamJoshua 07:02 PM 06-17-2013
LOL never got my pic with the cup (or saw it in person) but did get it with the World Series Trophy the first when they won it in 2004, at the time that was a bigger deal :-)
icehog3 07:59 PM 06-17-2013
Bruins keeping the Hawks to the outside and completely dominating defensively through 2. Hawks need to get inside the B's D in the 3rd to have any chance.
Page 67 of 75
« First < 1757656667 6869 > Last »
Up