Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 67 of 351
« First < 1757656667 686977117167 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
BlackDog 05:41 PM 12-16-2009
Curently drinking my first Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Now I undestand what all the hype is about. This is heaven in a glass.
DAFU 06:31 PM 12-16-2009
Bells Christmas ale tonite while puffing on a Sig II. More malt and less hops than the SN Celebration ale I've also been pouring lately. Nice change of pace!
hornitosmonster 07:59 PM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Curently drinking my first Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Now I undestand what all the hype is about. This is heaven in a glass.
You got to try Dog Fish Head Squall IPA. It is the 90 min. IPA that is bottle conditioned.
Originally Posted by :
from Beer Advocate

An unfiltered and 100% bottle-conditioned version of 90 Minute IPA that's dry-hopped with Palisade, Amarillo, Simcoe, Cascade, CTZ, and Willamette hops. Brewed to honor the Rogue Gallery in Portland, Maine, who will also be releasing a DFH designed clothing line in the summer of '09.

Guitarman-S.T- 09:20 PM 12-16-2009
New Castle!
icehog3 01:37 AM 12-17-2009
Guinness...a bunch of them. :-)
kugie 06:35 AM 12-17-2009
As many as i Can

Happy Holidays
icehog3 04:07 PM 12-17-2009
I have seen some reviews here for some of the Founders Stout beers, but none for the Founders Porter....anyone have any experience with the porter?
BlackDog 07:13 PM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I have seen some reviews here for some of the Founders Stout beers, but none for the Founders Porter....anyone have any experience with the porter?
Tom, funny you mention that, I almost bought some the other day, but decided on the Sam Adams Cream Stout instead. The Founders Porter has very good reviews. Here's a link ---------> Founders Porter
BlackDog 07:17 PM 12-17-2009
I'm drinking a North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. This is the first RIS that I'm liking, and I'm liking this a lot. So far I hadn't found a RIS that I liked, most seem too boozy. But this one hides it's 9% abv well, has a great coffee/chocolate thing going on, and is overall just knocking my socks off.
icehog3 07:30 PM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Tom, funny you mention that, I almost bought some the other day, but decided on the Sam Adams Cream Stout instead. The Founders Porter has very good reviews. Here's a link ---------> Founders Porter
How was the Cream Stout, Warren?

I will probably crack the porter tomorrow night, I will let you know how it is.

Anybody has Goose Island Bourbon County Stout? Friend of mine was raving about it today, but it is about $13 for a 24 oz. bottle.
goalie204 07:48 PM 12-17-2009
had a guiness, now a kilkenny
leasingthisspace 08:42 PM 12-17-2009
GI is awesome Icehog.

Right now my buddy gave me a Horny Goat Stacked Milk Stout. Not bad just not great.
Posted via Mobile Device
Scimmia 10:13 PM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Anybody has Goose Island Bourbon County Stout? Friend of mine was raving about it today, but it is about $13 for a 24 oz. bottle.
Absolutely. I've got a bunch of 08 tucked away and just picked up some 09 a few days ago. It's an incredible beer if you like big imperial stouts (and bourbon, it's heavy on the bourbon). Honestly, $13 isn't a bad price for a bomber of a stout of this caliber. Many imperial stouts are $15+. The 4 pack of 12 ozers is still a better deal, though.
icehog3 11:23 PM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
GI is awesome Icehog.

Right now my buddy gave me a Horny Goat Stacked Milk Stout. Not bad just not great.
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by Scimmia:
Absolutely. I've got a bunch of 08 tucked away and just picked up some 09 a few days ago. It's an incredible beer if you like big imperial stouts (and bourbon, it's heavy on the bourbon). Honestly, $13 isn't a bad price for a bomber of a stout of this caliber. Many imperial stouts are $15+. The 4 pack of 12 ozers is still a better deal, though.
Thanks guys! :-)
BlackDog 05:09 PM 12-18-2009
Drinking a Surly Furious right now. Got a SA Cream Stout warming up so I can give Tom a good review.
BlackDog 07:57 PM 12-18-2009
Tom, go immediately to the store to buy some Sam Adams Cream Stout. This is really good. I poured it hard into the glass and it formed a fluffy 2 finger head. Smell reminded me of sweet canned milk. The first sip blew me away. It is very coffee-like, especially with an exhale through the nose. My best description is that the taste reminds me of the smell of fresh ground coffee. (If that makes any sense.) This is very smooth and syrupy, and lots of lace clinging to the glass. This is an excellent stout. I understand this is a seasonal beer, so make sure you get some before it disappears.

I had drank one last Friday, but I was sitting in a 30 degree cabin feeding logs to the fire to get the place warmed up. The stout never got warm enough to shine.
icehog3 08:26 PM 12-18-2009
I will pick some up this weekend, Warren, thanks for the tip. I need to get more S.A. Bourbon Country as well.

Just smoked a Partagas Salamone...paired it with a Founders Porter, wanted something strong to match the cigar. Thumbs up on the Founders. :-)
hornitosmonster 08:57 PM 12-18-2009
Just finished a Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. It was good but the Old Curmudgeon Scotch Ale I had at Rockbottom was better (went to the tapping and got a growler fresh off the tap)
fissure 08:59 PM 12-18-2009
Thumbs up for the Salamone and the founders. How was the salamone?

Had a 3 floyds gumballhead with dinner and a bell's two hearted right now!
icehog3 09:25 PM 12-18-2009
Originally Posted by fissure:
Thumbs up for the Salamone and the founders. How was the salamone?

Had a 3 floyds gumballhead with dinner and a bell's two hearted right now!
Really good, Steve...reminds me of the old Lusitanias, strength and flavor in a nice combination. :-)
Page 67 of 351
« First < 1757656667 686977117167 > Last »
Up