Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 66 of 350
« First < 1656646566 676876116166 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 09:51 PM 02-26-2009
Hit chest today, pretty decent workout for a restless night after hockey.

Tomorrow is back day...get that T-Bar loaded! :-)
The Professor 05:05 AM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hit chest today, pretty decent workout for a restless night after hockey.

Tomorrow is back day...get that T-Bar loaded! :-)
Which grip do you use on the t-bar, Admiral? I've been quite partial to the close/natural grip. Do you cycle through the different grips?
PeteSB75 06:18 AM 02-27-2009
Shoulders last night. Nothing spectacular, felt ok. Went home, ate, then went out and smoked a My Father (Pepin). Wasn't bad, but wasn't great either.
icehog3 08:33 AM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Which grip do you use on the t-bar, Admiral? I've been quite partial to the close/natural grip. Do you cycle through the different grips?
I do, Dokk.....I think they all hit the back differently, and I am all about keeping the muscles "confused". I just try to keep as much stress off the biceps as I can with each different grip.
The Professor 09:27 AM 02-27-2009
I do, Dokk.....I think they all hit the back differently, and I am all about keeping the muscles "confused". I just try to keep as much stress off the biceps as I can with each different grip.
Cool. That's what I figured. I alternate between cycling all grips and hitting the close on the T-bar and then using a wider (shoulder width) grip on regular bent-over barbell rows.
icehog3 01:06 PM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Cool. That's what I figured. I alternate between cycling all grips and hitting the close on the T-bar and then using a wider (shoulder width) grip on regular bent-over barbell rows.
I vary the width on my barbell rows as well, find it hits me in different ways like that as well.
BigFrank 02:17 PM 02-27-2009
Deadlifts tonight for me. Might go heavy dont know yet.

I agree with Tom on the switching up for grips. Hit some heavy set with your strongest grip, then mix it up a bit. I love doing that with pull ups. After I've blasted out my sets, I will do 2 or 3 with a super wide grip, really busts up my rear delts, and gives a good stretch.
King James 03:23 PM 02-27-2009
my gym doesnt have a tbar :-)
icehog3 05:02 PM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I agree with Tom on the switching up for grips. Hit some heavy set with your strongest grip, then mix it up a bit. I love doing that with pull ups. After I've blasted out my sets, I will do 2 or 3 with a super wide grip, really busts up my rear delts, and gives a good stretch.
I love those super wide pull-ups, Frank...really tears it up. :-)

Originally Posted by King James:
my gym doesnt have a tbar :-)
Olympic bar, a close grip pulldown attachment, and a corner. You can even just grip the bar just below one of the sleeves if you don't have an attackment....Old Skool!! :-)
BigFrank 05:38 PM 02-27-2009

Olympic bar, a close grip pulldown attachment, and a corner. You can even just grip the bar just below one of the sleeves if you don't have an attackment....Old Skool!! :-)
I like those better than using the machine version. Not only is it old skool but it makes your lower back get some work too from stabilizing the weight. :-)

Busted out some knee level rack pulls. Was fun because I can use more weight than I can pull from the floor. 645x2 was final set. Then I finished off with a stop by Wendy's on the way home. :-) hahahaha
icehog3 08:31 PM 02-27-2009
I like those better than using the machine version. Not only is it old skool but it makes your lower back get some work too from stabilizing the weight. :-)

Busted out some knee level rack pulls. Was fun because I can use more weight than I can pull from the floor. 645x2 was final set. Then I finished off with a stop by Wendy's on the way home. :-) hahahaha
Baconator?? :-) :-)
Genetic Defect 10:11 PM 02-27-2009
Baconator?? :-) :-)
:-)
Mugen910 05:06 PM 02-28-2009
15 mile jog today...slow steady pace...on target with the training :-) Hope everyone is having a great weekend..
BigFrank 07:26 AM 03-01-2009
Glad to hear all is going well with the training Bao.
King James 07:59 AM 03-01-2009
Back at it tomorrow afternoon. Chest day :-)
goalie204 08:12 AM 03-01-2009
started working out again last sunday, then did tue, thu, sat, and going again tmrw. Been keeping it up and it's been hard. Especially after the first 2 times where i was so sore i could barely move. Just did some cardio and full body weights for muscles /wipe brow :-)
icehog3 12:08 PM 03-01-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
started working out again last sunday, then did tue, thu, sat, and going again tmrw. Been keeping it up and it's been hard. Especially after the first 2 times where i was so sore i could barely move. Just did some cardio and full body weights for muscles /wipe brow :-)
It gets better with consistency, those first couple workouts back are killers when it comes to recovery....good to see you are getting in the groove.

I am off the gym today, thank goodness after the back-to-back hockey games last night. Back to the battle manana.
BigFrank 01:36 PM 03-01-2009
I am off the gym today, thank goodness after the back-to-back hockey games last night. Back to the battle manana.
A couple of hockey games got you down there big tom??:-)
hahahhaa

Decided to get my workout for monday done today due to some family stuff going on tomorrows. lame. anyways, workout went well, still coughing and hacking up goodies.no Wendy's today, pasta later.
icehog3 07:49 PM 03-01-2009
A couple of hockey games got you down there big tom??:-)
hahahhaa

Decided to get my workout for monday done today due to some family stuff going on tomorrows. lame. anyways, workout went well, still coughing and hacking up goodies.no Wendy's today, pasta later.
Lots of double-shifting after my misconduct (my penance, LOL), but if today had been a scheduled workout day, I would have been there. :-)

Sorry to hear the crud is still lingering, Frank, I hope that chit is gone for you soon. I didn't have any Wendys either, but I had an 8 egg white chili omelette, 8 slices of bacon, an english muffin with peanut butter, hask browns for breakfast.....4 ginormous chicken tacos for lunch.....whole wheat chicken and sun dried ravioli with red pepper sauce for dinner....and I have some chicken Italian sweet sausages for my late night snack before midnight. :-)
King James 07:56 PM 03-01-2009
Lots of double-shifting after my misconduct (my penance, LOL), but if today had been a scheduled workout day, I would have been there. :-)

Sorry to hear the crud is still lingering, Frank, I hope that chit is gone for you soon. I didn't have any Wendys either, but I had an 8 egg white chili omelette, 8 slices of bacon, an english muffin with peanut butter, hask browns for breakfast.....4 ginormous chicken tacos for lunch.....whole wheat chicken and sun dried ravioli with red pepper sauce for dinner....and I have some chicken Italian sweet sausages for my late night snack before midnight. :-)
That sounds glorious.

I wish I wasn't trying to drop weight right now.

I had a rice cake and banana for breakfast..... :-)
Page 66 of 350
« First < 1656646566 676876116166 > Last »
Up