Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 66 of 225
« First < 1656646566 676876116166 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
elderboy02 10:54 AM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
The problems the Reds have are not limited to just starting pitching, relievers, fielding or batting. Hell, even managing is a little suspect. The Reds are a mediocre team and haven't made any changes in the off season that really blow me away. They could get lucky and win 80 games and have a chance at the Wild Card but as of right now they are the 3rd best team in their division. :-)
Hmmm... Now who doesn't know anything about sports? You wrote this on 2/2/10. Looks like I am the smarter one in this case.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:59 AM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Hmmm... Now who doesn't know anything about sports? You wrote this on 2/2/10. Looks like I am the smarter one in this case.
Don't even start with me, or anyone else for that matter, on predictions. I could run out of characters to type with your fabulous sports preditctions. This might be your first semi-correct prediction, as they will likely win the division but there is no way they win the World Series. A stark improvement over the last 15 years to be sure :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:48 AM 09-05-2010
Opinions may vary. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:40 PM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Excellent, I will bet everything I own, Andy. :-)
:-)
I'm so tempted...

But maybe Dan will take my place this time.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:59 PM 09-05-2010
Homer Bailey needs to grow the F.... up and listen to his catcher. That HR by Holiday could have been easily prevented.
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:39 PM 09-05-2010
...This might be your first semi-correct prediction, as they will likely win the division but there is no way they win the World Series. A stark improvement over the last 15 years to be sure :-)
Lets see, the last 2 times we bet, I have won. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:39 PM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Homer Bailey needs to grow the F.... up and listen to his catcher. That HR by Holiday could have been easily prevented.
I agree. Oh well, if we lose, we are still 7 up.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:56 PM 09-05-2010
But 9 would have looked so much better. Oh well. Time to worry about the next series now, and yes, I'm a bit worried about it.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:20 PM 09-05-2010
Lets see, the last 2 times we bet, I have won. :-)
And lets see, the team you predicted to win both times lost. You will only bet with a 172 point cushion and your prediction is always that they will win straight up but you won't bet that because you know you are shot. It must be nice to be able to claim every team within a 500 mile radius as your 'favorite team' and make bets on your 'guaranteed winners', but only with a larger than Vegas spread. A true fan, no doubt :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:28 PM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Opinions may vary. :-)
I don't think anyone would claim Dan has more sports knowledge than Bosco, the Tampa area police dog who correctly picked the Steelers over the Cardinals two years ago. If you make enough blind faith predictions, eventually one will come true. "I predict the Bengals will win a home opener sometime before 2062" :-)

[Reply]
hotreds 05:34 PM 09-05-2010
I can see the love here!

[Reply]
Starscream 05:36 PM 09-05-2010
I don't think anyone would claim Dan has more sports knowledge than Bosco, the Tampa area police dog who correctly picked the Steelers over the Cardinals two years ago. If you make enough blind faith predictions, eventually one will come true. "I predict the Bengals will win a home opener sometime before 2062" :-)

I predicted and bet the Admiral that the Reds would have a better record than the Cubs this year.:-) Unless we lose every game from here out, that prediction/bet is a sure thing. I actually thought at the beginning of the year I would lose. Dan was actually offered this bet as well from Tom (if I remember correctly), but he declined. He may talk on here like a homer, but he didn't bet like one this year.

It's ok Dan, we all love you!
[Reply]
hotreds 05:39 PM 09-05-2010
Now THAT prediction is WRONG!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:43 PM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Now THAT prediction is WRONG!:-)
That's cold, Hugh.:-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:44 PM 09-05-2010
Dan was actually offered this bet as well from Tom (if I remember correctly), but he declined. He may talk on here like a homer, but he didn't bet like one this year.

Dan probably asked for a 25 game cushion before he would make the bet. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:50 PM 09-05-2010
Dan probably asked for a 25 game cushion before he would make the bet. :-)
I was really worried at the beginning of the season when we went 7-11. Sure am glad Dusty cussed the boys for everything their worth. They haven't stopped yet (except when they play teams who are above .500).

I haven't checked Houston out in the past week. Are they still on a tear?
[Reply]
hotreds 06:07 PM 09-05-2010
That's cold, Hugh.:-)
:-):-)
Cold is good....

[Reply]
Starscream 06:19 PM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Cold is good....

:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:38 PM 09-05-2010
They haven't stopped yet (except when they play teams who are above .500).
Thats the main problem with this team. They are dominating terrible teams and a terrible division, but when it comes to contenders we disappear. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:14 PM 09-05-2010
Thats the main problem with this team. They are dominating terrible teams and a terrible division, but when it comes to contenders we disappear. :-)
...and Houston is playing like a contender all of a sudden. Amazing what they've done after getting rid of Oswalt and Berkman.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 225
« First < 1656646566 676876116166 > Last »
Up