Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 65 of 220
« First < 1555636465 666775115165 > Last »
General Discussion>Photography Thread
Goldie 11:57 PM 10-11-2010
Word, thanks for the info. I'm totally new to PS so thank you again.

Edit: I found the heal tool no problem but haven't located the clone tool yet. I'll keep looking and playing around.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 01:06 AM 10-12-2010
CS5 fixed the heal tool and has an awesome predictive content filter.
[Reply]
Goldie 09:44 AM 10-12-2010
Yeah I saw a video of the "content fill aware" thing or whatever it was called, but I only have CS3E. It was definitely cool though, I was impressed at how good of a job it did.
[Reply]
SNKBYT 10:22 AM 10-12-2010
vintage cutter collection

dog sleeping by a Italian anti-tank mine

view from atop of my conex cigar lounge (it had 2 folding chairs)
[Reply]
Volusianator 10:33 AM 10-12-2010
Just some quick shots I took one morning last week with my little Sony Cybershot.

ImageImage
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:37 AM 10-12-2010
Those are lovely, Wade! Thanks for posting. :-)
[Reply]
DBall 10:49 AM 10-12-2010
Wade.... those are truly awesome!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:02 AM 10-12-2010
Two nice photo's Wade...:-)
[Reply]
Volusianator 11:04 AM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Two nice photo's Wade...:-)
I'm certainly no photographer, just usually keep on in the truck for just such occasions. I posted three, you liked two, which one doesn't suit your fancy? Just curious.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:11 AM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
I'm certainly no photographer, just usually keep on in the truck for just such occasions. I posted three, you liked two, which one doesn't suit your fancy? Just curious.
:-)...I didn't scroll all the way over and missed the "actual" second photo. That too:-)

[Reply]
Volusianator 01:48 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
:-)...I didn't scroll all the way over and missed the "actual" second photo. That too:-)
LOL, here I was hoping for some professional critique! Well glad you got to see them all, like I said, quickies with a Sony Cybershot, but for a travel camera, it usually does a fine job.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 02:11 PM 10-12-2010
Volus- Your first photo is the weakest. There is no for ground and the sky is too small in the image. Look up the "rule of thirds". That will help you a lot.

Also the colors are muted and the image is a little too dark. Comparing it to image #2 you see the red pop first and it draws your eye right in to the center of the image. Where as in image #1 there is nothing but glaring sun reflecting off the water and as a main point of focus this is too bright.

Hope that helps. let me know if you have any questions
[Reply]
Volusianator 05:47 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Volus- Your first photo is the weakest. There is no for ground and the sky is too small in the image. Look up the "rule of thirds". That will help you a lot.

Also the colors are muted and the image is a little too dark. Comparing it to image #2 you see the red pop first and it draws your eye right in to the center of the image. Where as in image #1 there is nothing but glaring sun reflecting off the water and as a main point of focus this is too bright.

Hope that helps. let me know if you have any questions
I appreciate it as I'm no photographer. I just really liked the calmness of the water and lilly pads, so I just wanted a bunch of that in there. What do you mean rule of thirds?
[Reply]
Goldie 05:52 PM 10-12-2010
'ere ya go mate. Looks like we both can learn something here.

http://www.digital-photography-schoo...rule-of-thirds
[Reply]
LostAbbott 06:05 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Goldie:

Yup that is pretty much it. Once you get it down to the point you see that way then you will know when to break it and how to break and grow from there. Good luck it is a fun hobby, and remember, The camera has absolutely nothing to do with the picture.
[Reply]
Volusianator 06:40 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Goldie:

Nice read, thanks!
[Reply]
spectrrr 11:16 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
.....Just got a shiny new laptop and photos look SO much different.....

YEP!!! Most people don't realize how much of a profound impact their computer monitor has on how the picture appears. Try an experiment, setup your laptop next to a desktop monitor (or two) and put the same photo up on all of em. You'll be shocked how different it appears.

I try to never work on my laptop if I can avoid it, because the screen on my laptop is terrible. but there are plenty of equally bad desktop screens too :-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 11:16 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by jkim05:
I have a 70-200mm f/2.8 IS on the way! :-)
:-), congrats! enjoy it!
[Reply]
kenstogie 11:54 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
YEP!!! Most people don't realize how much of a profound impact their computer monitor has on how the picture appears. Try an experiment, setup your laptop next to a desktop monitor (or two) and put the same photo up on all of em. You'll be shocked how different it appears.

I try to never work on my laptop if I can avoid it, because the screen on my laptop is terrible. but there are plenty of equally bad desktop screens too :-)
Because my Laptop is so new and my desktop stuff so old (in computer years that is) my laptop looks better. Which one is more of a true accurate representation is another question....

I have done that "test" and am baffled as to which one I should use to adjust my photos.
[Reply]
jkim05 09:44 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
Because my Laptop is so new and my desktop stuff so old (in computer years that is) my laptop looks better. Which one is more of a true accurate representation is another question....

I have done that "test" and am baffled as to which one I should use to adjust my photos.
You might want to consider calibrating your monitor, there are kits available for that.

My new lens came in today, I can't wait to start shooting with it.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 220
« First < 1555636465 666775115165 > Last »
Up