Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 65 of 129
« First < 1555636465 666775115 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
backwoods357 12:54 AM 04-09-2011
Tonights dinner was homemade pizza, without cheese. I know what you are thinking, but it's actually quite good. Don't get me wrong, I love cheese. :-) I'm just trying to make it a little less fattening. We put mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, spinach, and BBQ chicken on it and I made the dough out of a mix of whole wheat and white flour (I also prefer to use a little brown sugar and molasses in my recipe). Came out really good, definitely a keeper.

[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:26 AM 04-09-2011
decided to pick up going to the gym again, haven't been for 6 months due to an injury, vacation, surgery and laziness but started again this week with 2 workouts. I start a new job on monday (first job after 18 months), I have to get used to a new schedule anyway, so why not get used to working 40 hours and going to the gym 3 times a week instead of just getting used to working 40 hours?
[Reply]
Starscream 05:42 PM 04-10-2011
Originally Posted by backwoods357:
Andy, it's called Cheatham Hill. It's part of a large park known as Kennesaw Battlefield Memorial. Attached is a pic of the memorial on the hill (180 degrees from the first pic).

Travis, I've seen a ton of deer in the area, but none in the fields. Didn't see any spots where they bedded down either. :-)
Must be because of all the foot traffic.
Is that anywhere near I-20?
[Reply]
backwoods357 08:51 PM 04-10-2011
It's west of I-75N
here

Because Its off road it shows a marker on the nearest road, just ignore the "A" marker. The green marker is where I was. The whole green area that is crisscrossed by roads is the battlefield memorial park. If you wanted to actually go there I would drive up Cheatham Hill Rd and park in the lot directly west of the memorial (you can see the trails through the grass in the satellite view), cross the road and take a right at the fork in the path.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:31 AM 04-11-2011
Not a good week so far with food, but a great week for activity and exercise. Spent the weekend camping with my son at the local Boy Scout camp. We walked at least 5 miles Saturday. I also got in two workouts on the NFL Training Camp 60 Day Challenge for the Wii.

Today's tip is about exercise: In order to stick to an exercise regimen, make sure it is enjoyable.
http://www.ajc.com/health/atlanta-lo...un-789492.html
[Reply]
Starscream 08:34 AM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by backwoods357:
It's west of I-75N
here

Because Its off road it shows a marker on the nearest road, just ignore the "A" marker. The green marker is where I was. The whole green area that is crisscrossed by roads is the battlefield memorial park. If you wanted to actually go there I would drive up Cheatham Hill Rd and park in the lot directly west of the memorial (you can see the trails through the grass in the satellite view), cross the road and take a right at the fork in the path.
I was close, just on the east side of Atlanta, where it's actually on the north/west side.:-) Never been there, but I see signs for it on the interstate when I travel that direction.:-)
[Reply]
goalie204 05:50 AM 04-12-2011
Transcript from the CNN joy behar show about the new study that Andy linked about food addiction

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...07/joy.01.html
[Reply]
Starscream 06:09 AM 04-12-2011
Completed Day 6 of NFL Training Camp last night.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:02 AM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
Transcript from the CNN joy behar show about the new study that Andy linked about food addiction

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...07/joy.01.html
Just to let the rest of you know, the food addiction segment is at the very end. I don't like Behar, but the segment was pretty good. I'm glad that I don't consider myself a food addict.
[Reply]
goalie204 02:16 PM 04-12-2011
i couldnt find the video ;(
[Reply]
Starscream 08:06 AM 04-14-2011
No change this week. I worked out hard for 5 days last week and I do feel better physically though, so it was not for nothing. Sucks that I have some sort of head cold/infection yesterday and today preventing me from working out. Feel like crap today...:-)
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 05:42 PM 04-14-2011
After spending a week down in Mississippi and Georgia with my brother, I was back up to 196 last Sunday. Today I weighed in and I am back down to 190. Still not back to 186 like I was a couple of weeks ago, but I'm getting there.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:39 PM 04-17-2011
I'm dreading getting back on the scale when I get back from vacation. Nothing but food, booze, cigars and more booze and food. Back to the schedule Tuesday.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 06:21 AM 04-18-2011
Morning all, trip took a toll big time - lots of exercise but more bad food - back up 5 lbs...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 07:07 AM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
After spending a week down in Mississippi and Georgia with my brother, I was back up to 196 last Sunday. Today I weighed in and I am back down to 190. Still not back to 186 like I was a couple of weeks ago, but I'm getting there.
Stay focused, Earl.:-)
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I'm dreading getting back on the scale when I get back from vacation. Nothing but food, booze, cigars and more booze and food. Back to the schedule Tuesday.
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
Morning all, trip took a toll big time - lots of exercise but more bad food - back up 5 lbs...
Posted via Mobile Device
Bob and Travis, bad weeks happen, just don't make them habitual. Everybody slides from time to time.

No exercise in a week for me. This cough/chest congestion has prevented me from doing much. Got on the scale yesterday and it looks good for my check in on Wednesday.:-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 10:01 AM 04-18-2011
In the grand scheme of things you are right - important to stay the course. Thanks for the pep talk.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 10:46 AM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
In the grand scheme of things you are right - important to stay the course. Thanks for the pep talk.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm just not a great example of staying the course.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 11:31 AM 04-18-2011
211.2 today. Not bad considering I haven't taken a dump in like 20 years.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:42 AM 04-18-2011
:-)
[Reply]
goalie204 09:11 PM 04-18-2011
reading a book called why we get fat or something like that, amazing read, and debunks the calories in/calories out myth that is thought to be common knowledge among every expert including doctors and nutritionists and pretty much..everyone. Really crazy stuff.

Also passover around these parts, so im up to around 10 billion lbs
[Reply]
Page 65 of 129
« First < 1555636465 666775115 > Last »
Up