Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 65 of 82
« First < 1555636465 666775 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
Gophernut 08:52 PM 04-19-2012
And yet another OT goal that could have been stopped.
Ahbroody 08:57 PM 04-19-2012
Noooooooooooooooooo!
This is crap. Sharks Hawks both looking like firstbround eliminations. Who to cheer for.
Fack!
icehog3 09:43 PM 04-19-2012
I hope Hawks management realizes that this may be a yearly occurence if they don't sign a world class goalie.
E.J. 09:51 PM 04-19-2012
Strangely, with the Avs out....I find myself cheering for a few teams to lose, more than having investment in an actual winner of LSC.
E.J. 09:54 PM 04-19-2012
Should have looked at the cc forum more & jumped in on Tom's NHL playoff pool to get assigned a team to ride to the cup....
icehog3 09:56 PM 04-19-2012
E.J., if I would have drawn the Coyotes in the pool, I would still be rooting for the Hawks, and I know you would have done the same with the Avs,

If the Hawks are eliminated this round, my first love will be whoever is playing Phoenix. :-)

Unless it was Vancouver. :-)
icehog3 11:06 PM 04-19-2012
All 4 Western series are 3-1. Unfortunately, only one of the 4 teams I am rooting for is leading, the Kings.

Might end up rooting for the East in the Finals for a second straight season.
Ahbroody 01:57 AM 04-20-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
All 4 Western series are 3-1. Unfortunately, only one of the 4 teams I am rooting for is leading, the Kings.

I'm with you. Horrible night. I guess I can pull for the Kings. This year is a bust it seems. Time to start watching aussie rules football and hoping the Giants can get to the world series again. Crap night.
Eleven 06:00 AM 04-20-2012

I was kinda thinking the same thing if the Pens get knocked out, I'll be cheering for one of the West teams to take the cup this year! (Pens don't have what it takes this year even if they manage to get out of the 1st round).

Actually I would be OK with anyone winning the cup except the Wings and the Flyers.

My realistic pick for the finals is St Louis and New York.
357 06:54 AM 04-20-2012
Coach Q for the Blackhawks fined $10,000 for criticizing the officials in Tuesday's game.

He should have bounced the referee's head off the glass, would have saved himself $7500.
:-) :-)
mithrilG60 07:43 AM 04-20-2012
I hope Hawks management realizes that this may be a yearly occurence if they don't sign a world class goalie.
Vancouver may be looking for someone to eat Luongo's contract :-)
icehog3 09:16 AM 04-20-2012
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
You thought the riots in Vancouver were bad? :-)
mosesbotbol 10:07 AM 04-20-2012
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
He should go back to Montreal, at least if they lose, they have thier native son in goal.
mithrilG60 11:51 AM 04-20-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
He should go back to Montreal, at least if they lose, they have thier native son in goal.
Montreal has Price, goaltending is not their problem. The last thing Luongo needs is an even higher pressure market to play in. That's part of his problem in Vancouver, this market expects the team to win (and/or has elevated expectations because the team places higher normal due to the weakness of the NWD) and that puts a lot of pressure on the players. Doubly so in Luongo's case since he was brought in as the saviour to the Canucks problems and given a massive contract.

Realistically there are only a couple teams in the league that might feasibly take Luongo; Toronto, Edmonton, Chicago, New Jersey and Florida. Toronto is out because of the hate between Burke and Gillis, plus Toronto is high stress just like Montreal and Vancouver. Edmonton's out because his Floridian wife apparently hates "winter" in Vancouver, why would Luongo ever agree to move to Edmonton? Chicago is likely a no go because I just can't see the team or fans embracing him given the years of rivalry between the Canucks and Hawks. Really that leaves New Jersey and Florida. Luongo's wife is from Florida, all her family lives there, that's were he lives during the off-season and by all accounts it's home to him in every sense. My guess is, if Schneider saves the Canucks season and Luongo requests a trade to prevent becoming full-time #2 it will be to Florida.

That said, the Canucks might also find the cap room to keep them both. They make a great tandem, probably the best in the NHL, and have a very good working and personal relationship. Luongo might be willing to accept a 50/50 starting split to stay on a contender team for another couple seasons.... if he goes to back to Florida he's effectively resigning himself to never seeing his name on the Stanley Cup. Hell, staying in Vancouver is probably the same but at least there's a little more hope there :-)
icehog3 01:24 PM 04-20-2012
I think Tampa Bay might be willing to look at Luongo.
Eleven 05:35 PM 04-20-2012
I think Tampa Bay might be willing to look at Luongo.
LOL, back to Florida with you!
Bigwaved 10:39 AM 04-21-2012
25 games for the cheap shot on Hossa
Ahbroody 10:59 AM 04-21-2012
Well the Hawks may extend their series tonight, but I think the Sharks are done.
The win in game one was OT against Halak since its been 3 games of being outplayed.
funny all three series Wings, Sharks and Yotes its been Goalies dominating. The Wings and Sharks especially your seeing good teams shut down by great goalies and young fast players.

Lets go Hawks Sharks.

And
Go Kings Go!
Go Kings Go!
Go Kings Go!

Holtby for President!
Eleven 01:33 PM 04-21-2012
Originally Posted by Bigwaved:
25 games for the cheap shot on Hossa

:-)
icehog3 02:35 PM 04-21-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody: