Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 65 of 104
« First < 1555636465 666775 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
gpugliese 08:43 AM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Two Men Enter. One Man Leaves! Two Men Enter. One Man Leaves! :-)
Yea but who's Chara's Master? Kessel? Theo Fleury? Possibilities are endless!
SmokeyJoe 12:36 PM 05-11-2009
Just heard reported that there was a fine but NO suspension for Scott Walker.

Originally Posted by :
The National Hockey League today announced that Hurricanes forward Scott Walker has been fined $2,500 for an incident that occurred at the 17:13 mark of the third period of Game 5 against the Boston Bruins. There will be no additional punishment assessed.
Bring on game six... let's play hockey, boys. :-)
icehog3 02:18 PM 05-11-2009
I have another Game 6 to think about tonight, Joe! :-) :-)
loki 02:19 PM 05-11-2009
going to a herf at a buddies place for the game tonight
MedicCook 02:20 PM 05-11-2009
I am surprised he did not get a suspension for that punch.
romwarrior 02:23 PM 05-11-2009
I believe tonight will be the end of my playoff pool. The Canucks were three minutes from a stranglehold 3-1 lead in game four but then it all went away in a big, quick POOF!! It was a fun dream while it lasted. :-)
SmokeyJoe 02:26 PM 05-11-2009
Really? Who!? :-) :-) :-)
icehog3 02:33 PM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by romwarrior:
I believe tonight will be the end of my playoff pool. The Canucks were three minutes from a stranglehold 3-1 lead in game four but then it all went away in a big, quick POOF!! It was a fun dream while it lasted.
I expect the Canucks to lay it all out tonight, so I don't see an easy game for the Blackhawks by any stretch, Brett.

Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Really? Who!? :-) :-) :-)
Caps - Pens?

:-) :-)
icehog3 02:40 PM 05-11-2009
From the Associated Press:
Originally Posted by :
RALEIGH, N.C. -- Carolina Hurricanes forward Scott Walker will not be suspended but was fined $2,500 by the NHL on Monday for throwing a punch that may have broken a bone in Boston Bruins defenseman Aaron Ward's face.

Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford told The Associated Press that the automatic suspension given to Walker was rescinded during a hearing with league disciplinarian Colin Campbell. It was ruled the hit was not a "sucker punch."

"Based on what was said on the ice as I was dropping my gloves, it was my understanding that I was engaged in an altercation," Walker said in a statement issued by the team.

Tempers flared in the final minutes of Boston's 4-0 victory Sunday in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals when Ward and Carolina's Matt Cullen began shoving in front of the Bruins' net. Walker skated in and hit Ward with a right cross that knocked the defenseman to the ice and was given a misconduct, a fighting major and an instigator penalty with 2:47 remaining.

Boston coach Claude Julien said after the game that team doctors feared Ward had a broken orbital bone. He was being re-evaluated Monday.

"In reviewing what I saw, I just didn't like what happened. ... I just don't think there was any need for that," Julien said after practice in Wilmington, Mass. "He sucker-punched him once coming into the scrum when [Ward] was involved with another player. And then he dropped his gloves and sucker-punched him.

"I don't care what people say about, 'Ward should've protected himself.' He had no intention of getting involved," he added. "We asked our guys to stay composed and not fall into that trap, and he just did that. A guy with Walker's experience should know better than to sucker-punch a guy."

Things were chippy throughout a physical game in which the teams combined for 29 penalties and 83 penalty minutes. That's not counting Jussi Jokinen's second-period slash to Zdeno Chara's lower body that briefly sent the Boston captain to the locker room. Jokinen was not penalized.

Rutherford said the incident was "clearly brought on by them," saying he felt the Hurricanes had taken shots from Boston players throughout the series, which Carolina leads 3-2. He isn't worried about the possibility of the Bruins retaliating against Walker during Game 6 Tuesday night.

"If that's the way the game's going to be played, that's the way we'll play the game," he said.

SmokeyJoe 05:23 PM 05-11-2009
...Caps - Pens?
:-) :-)
You would think it was the ONLY series based on some of the coverage. :-)

Go HAWKS!!!
jamesb3 05:40 PM 05-11-2009
Sid the Snivler and the Pens have an early lead...
jamesb3 05:42 PM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
You would think it was the ONLY series based on some of the coverage. :-)

Go HAWKS!!!
That's because the NHL wants The Pens and Crosby to get a Cup in the worst way. That way they can market there Golden Boy even more.
icehog3 06:09 PM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
That's because the NHL wants The Pens and Crosby to get a Cup in the worst way. That way they can market there Golden Boy even more.
:-)
jamesb3 06:17 PM 05-11-2009
1-1...Go Caps!
GreekGodX 06:29 PM 05-11-2009
Ovechkin is better then Crosby!

Go Caps!!
bugmenot 06:30 PM 05-11-2009
2-1 caps!
icehog3 06:41 PM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by bugmenot:
2-1 caps!
2-2 now. :-)
jamesb3 06:50 PM 05-11-2009
Funny how there is not a lot of love for Sid the Snivler in here.:-)
SmokeyJoe 07:18 PM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
Funny how there is not a lot of love for Sid the Snivler in here.:-)
I'm not drinking the hater-ade. He is not my favorite player, but I enjoy watching him. He has great skills and is a difference maker. Wouldn't mind having him on the 'Canes.

Would love having him and Eric Staal together! :-) (Would never happen.)
jamesb3 07:20 PM 05-11-2009
4-3 Caps with just over 5 to go!:-)
Page 65 of 104
« First < 1555636465 666775 > Last »
Up