Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 65 of 138
« First < 1555636465 666775115 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
icehog3 08:47 PM 03-08-2011
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6195439
Bruins Fan 08:49 PM 03-08-2011
Not what we expected,but in a way it is, the team is up and down you never know what team is going to show up?
The power play is killing us, another 0 fer we just don't have THAT GUY that can take over a game.
I'm glad Pacioretty is OK after that hit by Chara that was scary.
Eleven 08:53 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by kazzaca:
I don't know...the play was horrible but I doubt it was intentional. Chara is a tough player but he's not dirty.

They're saying Pacioretty is conscious and moving all his extremities, hopefully he can recover and continue his career.
Take a look back at the last few times these 2 teams played each other. Chara targeted Pacioretty in those as well. The last game was a slug fest of fights. Chara is not a dumb player who is unaware of what is going on. He knew exactly what he was doing.
E.J. 08:56 PM 03-08-2011
The Chara hit....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-331549

Avs let in another 5 tonight.... Ugh...
gravelman 09:09 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Take a look back at the last few times these 2 teams played each other. Chara targeted Pacioretty in those as well. The last game was a slug fest of fights. Chara is not a dumb player who is unaware of what is going on. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I do not believe that it was his intent to cause injury like that. He was finishing his check, it just so happened that there was a partition there and the outcome was not good at all. It would be different if Chara was a dirty player, and I do understand the rivalry between the two, but it is not of his character to do something like that to purposely take a guy out.
Ahbroody 01:45 AM 03-09-2011

If Chara plays another regular season game this year there is no justice.
Given your defense of Cooke the dirtiest player in the game who is a many time repeat offender and who the league changed the rules of the game over his hits. A hit he was not suspended for. Thats a very high tightrope you are walking and it might not be to long before the shoe is on the other foot.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/nhlwr...case-file.html

This I do agree with. There is a history and I believe without a doubt he intended to injure Pacioretty. He pushes him into the corner with his left arm forcing him into the stansion. He knew he was going to hit it. I dont know if he thought it would end so badly, but he knew he was going to get hurt. He didnt have to push him with his left arm into the corner and he did.

This Clip of the end of the Jan 8th game where Pacioretty scores the winner and taps Chara on the back. They had been going at it. Chara looses his mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Me9YN9VnS0

There is a history Chara wanted revenge. Chara got his revenge and as noted this could have ended this kids carrer or much worse. I agree this is deserving of a very long suspension. Given the leagues history of fail and Charas star power I doubt it will be to long. Gillies got 10 games and this was a much more dangerous hit with much worse intentions.
Ahbroody 01:52 AM 03-09-2011
Sharks were lucky to win tonight. How they escaped the 1st tied one to one is a mystery. The second was a push but at times they seemed to not even be able to get out of their own zone. Third they controled the game and the play, but had some horrible break downs forcing Nemo to make some big saves. The OT was ugly on bth sides till Marleau got his 3rd OT game winning goal of the season.

The Refing was horrid, it was bad both ways. They called crap calls and let obvious stuff go. Took my son to the game and had a hard time not dropping F bombs. :-)
Bruins Fan 03:24 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by gravelman:
I do not believe that it was his intent to cause injury like that. He was finishing his check, it just so happened that there was a partition there and the outcome was not good at all. It would be different if Chara was a dirty player, and I do understand the rivalry between the two, but it is not of his character to do something like that to purposely take a guy out.
Exactly, guys are playing full speed,that wasn't even much of a hit.
If the NHL wants to protect players make the stanchion areas safer, Oh but that might cost a few premium seats.
If Chara gets suspended it will be a joke.
kugie 06:53 AM 03-09-2011
That game Stunk last night. The Habs took it to the B's and all they could do was get chippy at the end.
Inconsistent at best right now and they still need to find themselves.

No Power play points, no fire except for the first ten min of the game (if that).
they better get their heads out of their A$$es.
I don't care if they loose (don't get me wrong I like it better when they win)
but put some effort into the game not just the beginning the Whole Game.

I'm Glad Pacioretty is doing better.

I don't think the Intent was there but Chara may still get a couple of games suspension.:-)

Go Bruins:-)
Eleven 07:33 AM 03-09-2011
Saying the words "Matt Cooke" does not negate the argument for Chara being suspended.
357 08:20 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Tell that to Ray Emery, Roy, etc. There are some bad ass goalies out there who could whoop the crap out of plenty of players.
As for saying any professional hockey player flops like a soccer player, uhhhh I know Bruins fans hate Habs and the reverse, but soccer players?
Did I read that right? Roy as a good fighting goalie?

Vernon and Osgood both got the better of him. Did he go around whipping some other goalie butt? I'm guessing he wasn't in that many fights, and the only two I know of he didn't do well.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Brent "Joey Kocur" Johnson? :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deEKLFUoNHY

Hawks looked like the Harlem Globetrotters in periods 2 and 3 versus the Panthers tonight. Too bad they took period 1 off. :-)
I love the comment on Youtube...
Originally Posted by :
what a save! He totally stopped his fist with his face. You just can't get one by DiPietro!"

Ahbroody 10:00 AM 03-09-2011
I should probably stop stirring the pot, but its just so much fun.

People who dont think the intent was there? LOL

He shoved him in to the stanchion with his left arm. The video dont lie. These two teams hate each other. He went after Him in a previous game, again the video dont lie. I guess everyone Bruins fan who doesnt think this was a very dangerous and dirty play to have no issue with the Cooke Savard hit. I think most would argue the Chara hit was more dangerous with every bit of the intent. He extends his arm forcing him into the glass. Hes a veteran of the league and knew what he was doing. Cooke was just finishing his check on Savard as the Boston announcer said. After all Savard had the puck closer to the hit by Cooke then Pacioretty did.

Scott I never said it would negate it. I would like to see Chara suspended and said that. My point was to be careful given previous support as it could be seen as contradictory calling for such a long suspension now. Especially when its the Bruins which is a rival and the history with past incidents. The next Cooke incident cant be to far off after all. Dont want to look like Mario talking about a team gooning it up while your team was leading the league in goon behavior of fighting with a player suspended for a dirty hit.
Eleven 10:11 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
The next Cooke incident cant be to far off after all.
Matt Cooke is a changed man. He will win the Lady Bing next year, just watch!

:-)

(EDIT) Seeing if this .gif works...crime of the century!

Ahbroody 10:17 AM 03-09-2011
:-)
That deserved a bump. I actually did LOL on that one.
Bruins Fan 01:16 PM 03-09-2011
That's bull crap it was a good hockey hit, the rink is the rink.
Blame the NHL for having an unsafe work place.
Hockey is a fast moving hard hitting game, that's what puts asses in the seats
kugie 01:32 PM 03-09-2011
I don't think the intent was there:-)
Matt Cooke is a scumbag dirty player.
If you think that Chara is that as well, then that's ok.
The League does not think it needs any further discipline.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=555520
gravelman 01:50 PM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
That's bull crap it was a good hockey hit, the rink is the rink.
Blame the NHL for having an unsafe work place.
Hockey is a fast moving hard hitting game, that's what puts asses in the seats
If it would have happened on the other side of the rink he would have ran into the glass, fallen over and gotten back up, same with in a corner or on either end. If it was 10 feet previous he would have been halfway over the benches boards and back on his feet in seconds, it just happened at an unfortunate spot on the rink and where the stantion lies...
Bruins Fan 02:00 PM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by kugie:
I don't think the intent was there:-)
Matt Cooke is a scumbag dirty player.
If you think that Chara is that as well, then that's ok.
The League does not think it needs any further discipline.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=555520
End of story:-)
Ahbroody 02:36 PM 03-09-2011
Oooooooooooo the hypocrisy of it all.
While I hate Cooke if he did that to a member of the Bruins some of you would be calling for him to be kicked out of the league. I could see the posts now. :-)

Once again stars are treated different and now I am glad the league didnt suspend Cooke for smoking Savard. He was just finishing his check after all. Atleast the league is being consistently inconsistent. The trick is to make it look like your not trying to injure the guy apparently.

The worse thing about this is that the habs will now take it upon themselves to get justice. I cant wait for the league to warn the teams. Atleast when Mclaren rearranged Koivus face the league did something.
icehog3 02:37 PM 03-09-2011
To everyone who says they know what Chara's intent was...you don't. :-)

I have no dog in this fight, but I do know that mindreading is for gypsies. To anyone who plays the game as an adult on any level, rubbing someone out on the boards at full speed does not give you a lot of time to decide "I am going to run this guy into the stanchion"....just happens too fast. But if you wanna believe that Chara planned it out that way, have at it. I agree with what Murphy decided, as a "hockey in-general" fan.
No offense meant to those who feel differently.
Page 65 of 138
« First < 1555636465 666775115 > Last »
Up