Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 64 of 82
« First < 1454626364 656674 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
357 02:58 PM 04-18-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Watched the video. Shanahan is high. Shaw has no history. I am so mad I can hardly see straight.

Off to the city shortly, seeing if I can find a "F*** Shanahan" shirt to wear to the game.
I'll take a 2XLT if you see one.
Ahbroody 03:04 PM 04-18-2012
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
You mean sorta like the Canucks have been without Daniel Sedin since Keith head hunted him Tom? Not wishing harm on Hossa, or any other player, but what goes around comes around... especially in a league that seems hell bent on ensuring no form of meaningful penalties try and stop all these so called professionals from going out on the ice and intentionally trying to injure each other. There was a caller on the local sports radio show earlier this week that likened the current playoffs to the Hunger Games and I can't say I disagreed with him.

What the NHL is allowing happen right now, on all team and in all series, is seriously turning me off the brand of the game they're trying to sell. Unfortunately, TV viewership is up across the board but especially in the lucrative US market. Given that that's Bettman and the NHL's ultimate wet dream I can't imagine we'll see any serious attempt to curb this MMA come Hunger Games On Ice BS anytime soon :-)
Some much $hit in this post. Got a little anti america note implying the game is being allowed to become more violent for us violent US folks eh Geoff. Go ahead and keep that crap out of this thread.
You mean when Keith returned the headshot he was given by Danielle in the same game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3r97...e_gdata_player
Sedin hit him late and targeted the head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG6Sg...e_gdata_player
Keith decided to return the headshot.

Dont come in here telling half the story and posting the NHL is turning the league in to the hunger games a movie where killing is the goal to sell the game to the US market. Your post is crap. Your team is getting rolled. Will your city burn again this year? Honestly man what a crap post. I would like to write some more things, but I wont go to that level. Sure you will try to spin your post, but its garbage.

I see some people come in here and make excusses for their team getting beat. Its funny.
icehog3 03:37 PM 04-18-2012
You mean sorta like the Canucks have been without Daniel Sedin since Keith head hunted him Tom? Not wishing harm on Hossa, or any other player, but what goes around comes around... (
I never tried to defend Keith's hit, I said it was suspendable from the start. As Mike implied, Daniel Sedin should have been suspended as well, but I certainly take no pleasure from seeing Sedin out, and the Canucks having an excuse for possibly being swept. A poor decision/reaction from Keith, but comparing Keith andf Torres? Gimmie a break, Torres has made a career of trying to end other players' careers. POS, plain and simple. :-)
mithrilG60 03:52 PM 04-18-2012
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:
CHICAGO (AP) Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres was suspended indefinitely Wednesday for a hit that knocked Chicago's Marian Hossa out of Game 3 in the teams' opening-round playoff series.

Torres faces a Friday hearing with NHL officials in New York. The hearing was planned for Wednesday but was deferred at the request of the player and NHL Players' Association.

Very nice!!!
I would expect (and hope) that he's used as an example to try and put an end to the BS in this year's post-season and given the rest of the playoffs with perhaps a few games into 2012-13 regular series. Short of Matt Cooke deciding to take someone's head off with his elbow this evening, Torres is just about the lowest hanging fruit possible that the league can tee up for Shannahan.

Ultimately however until the teams start taking this attitude of horrified shock and outrage when it's their own player that's given the hit nothing will change. The Blackhawks organization and fans are justifiably hopping mad over the Torres hit on Hossa, calling for his blood, etc, etc. Yet Keith's elbow on Sedin was arguably both worst and even less of a hockey play, but where was the outrage then from the Blackhawks? All I heard were the crickets disturbed when as they circled the wagon to try and protect Keith. While I certainly understand that reaction, nothing will ever change as long as the outrage exists right up until it's your own player that's the offender.
icehog3 04:02 PM 04-18-2012
I would expect (and hope) that he's used as an example to try and put an end to the BS in this year's post-season and given the rest of the playoffs with perhaps a few games into 2012-13 regular series. Short of Matt Cooke deciding to take someone's head off with his elbow this evening, Torres is just about the lowest hanging fruit possible that the league can tee up for Shannahan.

Ultimately however until the teams start taking this attitude of horrified shock and outrage when it's their own player that's given the hit nothing will change. The Blackhawks organization and fans are justifiably hopping mad over the Torres hit on Hossa, calling for his blood, etc, etc. Yet Keith's elbow on Sedin was arguably both worst and even less of a hockey play, but where was the outrage then from the Blackhawks? All I heard were the crickets disturbed when as they circled the wagon to try and protect Keith. While I certainly understand that reaction, nothing will ever change as long as the outrage exists right up until it's your own player that's the offender.
You talk about the Hawks being "homers", but calling Keith's elbow worse? We can just agree to disagree.

Torres' wasn't a reaction, it's his M.O. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nomG4dU-mTk&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpd0m-3iqi8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mMxKNul04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIpwq9s-Yhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRzzZ8GUkig

Shall I go on?
mithrilG60 05:12 PM 04-18-2012
This has nothing to do with being a homer or not, I use Sedin-Keith as an example simply because it's in everyone's mind locally. Pick whatever example you want; Toews, Crobsy, Hossa, Sedin, etc. My point is the same with all of them, BS like ALL of those injuries exist because the NHL has created a culture of enabling and head hiding because the teams scream blue bloody murder when it's their own player lying on the ice but then try their hardest to prevaricate and protect when the offender is their guy. If the NHL wants to actually change the culture then Phoenix has to be willing to condemn Torres as much as Chicago, Chicago condemn Keith as much as Vancouver, etc etc.

This mentality of it's the most evil thing ever until it's our guy that's going to be suspended at which point is was <insert generic overused weak pathetic excuse here> is a large part of the problem... and it exists on every single team in the league.
icehog3 08:09 PM 04-18-2012
Pens live to fight another day.

Rangers - Senators series changes dramatically either way with the next goal.
Gophernut 08:39 PM 04-18-2012
Two big games so far tonight. And color me surprised that Luongo is sitting again.
Gophernut 08:43 PM 04-18-2012
This mentality of it's the most evil thing ever until it's our guy that's going to be suspended at which point is was <insert generic overused weak pathetic excuse here> is a large part of the problem... and it exists on every single team in the league.
Not just on every team in this league, but every league period. I think it's called being a fan. I know when a player on an opposing team gets in trouble with the law, say a DWI, I think that the player should be thrown in jail and have the key thrown away. If it's a player of a team that I am a fan of, it's a lapse in judgement, and I'm sure he feels bad, and the bad publicity is punishment enough. Of course all of this is merely my opinion.
mithrilG60 09:01 PM 04-18-2012
Not surprised Luongo's sitting, Schneider's numbers are better and the team seems to play better in from of him. However barring some unforseen miracluous discovery of desire I'll bet this is Schneider's last game as a Canuck. Big changes coming in the off-season in Vancouver I think.
icehog3 12:46 AM 04-19-2012
Not surprised Luongo's sitting, Schneider's numbers are better and the team seems to play better in from of him. However barring some unforseen miracluous discovery of desire I'll bet this is Schneider's last game as a Canuck. Big changes coming in the off-season in Vancouver I think.
Looks like Schneider gets one more. :-)

Hero of the Day (mine, anyway): Craig Anderson. :-)
mithrilG60 01:45 AM 04-19-2012
Looks like Schneider gets one more. :-)
Ya, I really didn't see that coming. Figured they were done tonight for sure. Amazing what a difference getting Sedin back into the lineup made, makes you almost believe in the image that was floating about today:

I don't see the Canucks losing 3 in a row at home, nor do I see them becoming the 4th team to recover from 0-3 in a series. Kings in 6.

Hero of the Day (mine, anyway): Craig Anderson. :-)
Ya, he stood on his head for sure.
yourchoice 06:16 AM 04-19-2012
Flyers got shellacked last night. Glad they're still up 3-1! I completely understand why the refs called the game the way they did last night, but I hope they let them play a little bit more tomorrow night.
Ahbroody 04:05 PM 04-19-2012
Lets go Sharks you can do it :-)
Kind of like wishing the sun wont rise.
icehog3 04:11 PM 04-19-2012
Hawks may put Saad in the line-up tonight. Pretty much a "must win" for them too.
icehog3 04:34 PM 04-19-2012
Pretty awesome stuff.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/04...mbleweed-gifs/
Ahbroody 04:54 PM 04-19-2012
Well when your on a team with floppier what do you expect. I bet they compare dives and give each other scores.
icehog3 05:36 PM 04-19-2012
Coach Q for the Blackhawks fined $10,000 for criticizing the officials in Tuesday's game.

He should have bounced the referee's head off the glass, would have saved himself $7500.
Yojimbo 08:38 PM 04-19-2012
Chicago/Phoenix game has been great tonite.
E.J. 08:41 PM 04-19-2012
Another OT.... What a great series....
Page 64 of 82
« First < 1454626364 656674 > Last »
Up