Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 64 of 104
« First < 1454626364 656674 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
Paint 08:32 PM 05-10-2009
Wings ruled today!!!!!
jamesb3 08:34 PM 05-10-2009
Just back home from the game. Wow was it electric at the Joe. If the Wings keep it up we could end this in Anaheim!

GO WINGS!!
Bruins Fan 08:36 PM 05-10-2009
Walker, should get suspended for the sucker punch,
not that it will matter if he plays or not.
357 08:42 PM 05-10-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
Just back home from the game. Wow was it electric at the Joe. If the Wings keep it up we could end this in Anaheim!

GO WINGS!!
I agree, that game was dominated by the Wings. The last 7 minutes of the 2nd and maybe the first 2-3 minutes of 3rd the Ducks actually made a little push, but otherwise it was all Wings!

If the Wings score first in game 6, I think it's all done.
SmokeyJoe 09:01 PM 05-10-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Go ahead and crow... Bruins spanked us tonight - no excuses. I figured the Bruins had a decent game coming before it was all over.

I still feel good about our chances to get one of the next two.

:-)
loki 09:10 PM 05-10-2009
if he's not a star player i'm sure they will. or at least fine him
icehog3 09:12 PM 05-10-2009
Some might say Ward should get suspended for some of his infamous forearm shivers... :-)
Bruins Fan 09:24 PM 05-10-2009
It's being reported that Ward has a broken orbital bone in his face, that sucker punch put him out of the playoffs.
The Bruins were down two defensemen already.
icehog3 09:26 PM 05-10-2009
I always think it's a shame when a player gets injured and has to miss the playoffs, regardless of what I think of the player. Sorry for Ward. Maybe he will think about that sucker punch next time he thinks of throwing one of his forearm shivers. though.
icehog3 09:29 PM 05-10-2009
My guess is that Walker will miss the rest of this series, at the very least, for the punch.
SmokeyJoe 09:41 PM 05-10-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I always think it's a shame when a player gets injured and has to miss the playoffs, regardless of what I think of the player. Sorry for Ward. Maybe he will think about that sucker punch next time he thinks of throwing one of his forearm shivers, though.
Agreed on both points.

My guess is that Walker will miss the rest of this series, at the very least, for the punch.
Yeah... I'm afraid Walker will be out. I'm not happy that A. Ward's orbital bone is broken, but I wouldn't call looking a man square in the eye and taking a full wind up a "sucker punch." Walker doesn't have the reputation of being a dirty player. Ward has been asking for a confrontation - I'm just sorry both he and Walker will likely be gone for the rest of the playoffs.

As both of these men will understand, actions have consequences.
Bruins Fan 09:55 PM 05-10-2009
How about the the slash by Jokinen? I bet that will also get reviewed.
I think the momentum might have shifted, we will see Tuesday?
icehog3 10:48 PM 05-10-2009
Sometimes as a die-hard fan, we see the things the other team does to our guys, but gloss over what our guys do to them. There has been plenty of "back and forth" in the Bruins/'Canes series, if one looks at it objectively.
Ahbroody 11:35 PM 05-10-2009
I generally agree with Ice here, that said....

Sorry joe but that was extremely bush, and a SUCKER PUNCH.
Evidence is very clear in this video please pay attention starting at 50 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLnEDFaDEdA
Ward and Cullen are in a gloves on discussion/ shoving contest, likely about where they will be going to dinner tonight. Walker is the second man in on a NON fight and he comes in swinging. First with the glove on. As Ward turns to start jawing Walker has already dropped the gloves and is throwing a bomb. It is pretty clear Ward and Cullen had no intention of dropping the gloves. Walker who has a pretty extensive fight card took the opportunity to try to send a message cause his team was getting blown out. Within 3 SECONDS Walker as the second man in has hit Ward first with his glove then turns Ward and throws a ungloved fist to the face.

that said game 6 is going to be intense now. Maybe the Bs will use this for motivation. If the take game 6 then you know what they say about a game 7. I will definetly be watching game 6
SmokeyJoe 12:38 AM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
... but that was extremely bush, and a SUCKER PUNCH...
that said game 6 is going to be intense now. ...
Not Walker's finest moment, and I see your point... I will just have to let the league sort it out. As I said, I am not happy about Ward getting hurt.

Game six will indeed be one to be remembered.
taltos 03:01 AM 05-11-2009
Not here to crow about the win Joe, should be a good game six. Tonight gave me hope for a game seven. Walker should sit at least one game. Still trying to figure out why Ward was given a fighting major when all he did was get the crap kicked out of him.
jamesb3 04:55 AM 05-11-2009
Sounds like I missed a tough game from the Bruins last night on the ride home. Doesn't suprise me that things got a little nasty. This is the playoffs after all.

Look to see the Ducks do the same on Teusday night. Wings called up Darren MaCarty so we might see him out there to police the action. Hoping the WIngs can stand up to the early barrage I'm sure they will face from the Ducks. First goal in this game could be very important. We will see.

GO WINGS!!
icehog3 08:05 AM 05-11-2009
I would be shocked if they let Walker play again in this series, so my guess is the NHL will give him at least 2 games, in case the Bs take it to a Game 7.
taltos 08:18 AM 05-11-2009
I would be shocked if they let Walker play again in this series, so my guess is the NHL will give him at least 2 games, in case the Bs take it to a Game 7.
Don't suspend him, put him at center ice with either Chara or Lucic, no team mates and no officials. Set the timer at 5 minutes and let them settle it right there.:-)
icehog3 08:31 AM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Don't suspend him, put him at center ice with either Chara or Lucic, no team mates and no officials. Set the timer at 5 minutes and let them settle it right there.:-)
Two Men Enter. One Man Leaves! Two Men Enter. One Man Leaves! :-)
Page 64 of 104
« First < 1454626364 656674 > Last »
Up