Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 63 of 129
« First < 1353616263 646573113 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
shilala 08:11 AM 04-02-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
216.2 this morning, 218.6 right now, all fed and hydrated.
I haven't seen 216 for 10 years.
I'd be even better, but I had a date for lunch and ate a crab cake and 5 glasses of lemon water. Ate all the green stuff, too. It was at Ruby Tuesday's, it was good, too. :-)
The date went real well, too. A chick my age. Too smart and good looking though. She's got way too much sense to get mixed up with me. :-)
Member this, Andy? It appears that crab cakes are the way to a woman's heart, cause I married this date. Turns out she weren't that smart after all. :-) :-)
I'm skinnier right now than I was then, which is great. Last time I proved it could come off, this time is for proving it can stay off.
I'm thinking at that point I had lost 35 pounds and before it was all over, I lost another 30. I'm gonna go check, I might not have gotten past 200.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:14 PM 04-02-2011
That's awesome Scott. Keep up the good work. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:23 PM 04-02-2011
Since I've changed my diet a couple weeks ago, cutting back on the carbs, I'm finding I actually eating less now overall. I"m about 1800 cal/day, per the app I"m using on my phone to log my meals. Weird thing is I"m not that hungry. It's almost as if the overload of carbs kept fueling the hunger to eat more. Also what's helped is portioning everything out. For lunch today, I was out looking at property so I had to stop somewhere to get a bite. A 6" turkey/ham on flatbread from Subway was enough to fill me up. That would've never happened before.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:14 PM 04-02-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Member this, Andy? It appears that crab cakes are the way to a woman's heart, cause I married this date. Turns out she weren't that smart after all. :-) :-)
I'm skinnier right now than I was then, which is great. Last time I proved it could come off, this time is for proving it can stay off.
I'm thinking at that point I had lost 35 pounds and before it was all over, I lost another 30. I'm gonna go check, I might not have gotten past 200.
I remember that post, Scott.:-) Life is good! Glad she didn't have too much sense to not get mixed up with you.:-)
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Since I've changed my diet a couple weeks ago, cutting back on the carbs, I'm finding I actually eating less now overall. I"m about 1800 cal/day, per the app I"m using on my phone to log my meals. Weird thing is I"m not that hungry. It's almost as if the overload of carbs kept fueling the hunger to eat more. Also what's helped is portioning everything out. For lunch today, I was out looking at property so I had to stop somewhere to get a bite. A 6" turkey/ham on flatbread from Subway was enough to fill me up. That would've never happened before.
I found that eating fruit in the morning (banana) and again for lunch fills me up for most of the day. Controlling hunger is the key, and it looks like you're on track.:-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:41 PM 04-03-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
I found that eating fruit in the morning (banana) and again for lunch fills me up for most of the day. Controlling hunger is the key, and it looks like you're on track.:-)
That's what I've been doing too, and yes, it helps fill me up.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:33 AM 04-04-2011
what app?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:58 AM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
what app?
Carb master on the Itunes store. $2.99 I believe. The food database is quite large, plus they have a lot of restaurant info too. You can also log your water intake, activity level, and blood glucose levels.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:29 AM 04-04-2011
Not official, but down to 246 today. I bought NFL Training Camp for the Wii (part of the EA Sports Active brand). It's fun as crap but will kick your @$$ if you're not used to playing it.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:37 AM 04-04-2011
:-) Andy
[Reply]
Starscream 08:02 AM 04-04-2011
Make your body earn/burn what it eats:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health...,0,75878.story
[Reply]
goalie204 08:39 AM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Make your body earn/burn what it eats:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health...,0,75878.story
that link says "whole-wheat". Whole-wheat doesn't mean anything anymore, it's whole-grain one should look for if one wants to eat good carbs
[Reply]
Starscream 08:47 AM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
that link says "whole-wheat". Whole-wheat doesn't mean anything anymore, it's whole-grain one should look for if one wants to eat good carbs
True. I'm not a big grain person anyway. I just try to get all my fruits and vegetables in and go easy on sodium. If I do that, then I'm all good.:-)
[Reply]
backwoods357 09:12 AM 04-04-2011
In the last year I've gone from 295 to 220, with a few simple changes. First and most importantly, I completely cut out soda. Instead I drink sparkling water (usually with a natural citrus flavor). I made this change to cut high fructose corn syrup and fructose out of my diet. See here I also had to cut ketchup for the same reason. I replaced it with Spicy brown mustard and love it. the second change was eating breakfast every day. I've read that if you don't eat for 12 hours your metabolism will drop by ~40%. It doesn't have to be something big, I often would just eat and orange or yogurt cup on my drive to work. The last thing we changed is we started cooking all our own meals. It's surprisingly easy, and it doesn't take much time. I don't cook lean or low calorie meals either, I just don't eat a bunch of processed crap. I don't exercise but I used the first two changes to win a weight loss competition at a previous job against around 100 other coworkers, and I worked out around twice a week then. And every other day I was going out to sit down places for lunch and eating pub food and drinking pints in the evening. I won a very nice treadmill in that competition btw. When I worked out I would do some free wieghts but mostly I would just run sprints for 20 or so min on the treadmill. I would start out at a walk then speed it up to a full run for as long as I could then turn it back to a walk untill I got my breath back, rinse and repeat. Congrats on your progress guys. Just my :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:12 PM 04-04-2011
lost 135lbs in total since september 09, want to lose another 70.
[Reply]
backwoods357 02:08 PM 04-04-2011
Also congrats Scott!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:22 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
lost 135lbs in total since september 09, want to lose another 70.
:-) Ferdie
[Reply]
Starscream 05:58 PM 04-04-2011
Jorgen and Ferdie, way to go!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:24 PM 04-04-2011
Another workout with the NFL Training Camp for the Wii. I'm on day 2 of the 60 Day Challenge.:-) This game makes exercise fun! Highly recommended for anyone who owns a Wii.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:06 AM 04-05-2011
Today's article. Food can be just addictive as drugs:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health...,7935522.story
[Reply]
shilala 10:25 AM 04-05-2011
211.8 this morning.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 129
« First < 1353616263 646573113 > Last »
Up