Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 62 of 138
« First < 1252606162 636472112 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
357 01:20 PM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
F that noise, Man, I want to play the Wings 6 times, not once. :-)
For the life of me I can't figure out why Bettman can't figure out to implement the NBA schedule in the NHL. Both are divided into two geographical conferences, both have 3 divisions per conference, and both have 5 teams in each division.

Originally Posted by :
In the NBA each team has to play:
•4 games against the other 4 division opponents, [16 games]
•4 games against 6 (out-of-division) conference opponents, [24 games]
•3 games against the remaining 4 conference teams, [12 games]
•2 games against teams in the opposing conference. [30 games]
Reference:
http://www.nbastuffer.com/component/...e%20is%20Made/

Originally Posted by :
In the NHL each team has to play:
•6 games against the other 4 division opponents, [24 games]
•4 games against 10 (out-of-division) conference opponents, [40 games]
•1 games against teams in the opposing conference. [15 games]
•1 games against 3 "select" teams [3 games]
Reference:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=532296

I mean, Bettman is an idiot, but he IS an old NBA guy. Why doesn't he get it?
icehog3 02:17 PM 03-02-2011
Niemi is having a second half for the Sharks this season just like he had for the Hawks last season...happy for him.

I think the NHL prefers the division and conference rivalries over playing every team in the league multiple times. I would definitely agree back in the days of 20 teams, and divisions like the Black&Blue Norris, Adams, etc. Now, I would like to see them play the other conference teams at least once home and away.
GreekGodX 02:46 PM 03-02-2011
At the minimum the league needs to do something about having the Original 6 teams play a home and home series every year. When the Wings played the Rangers last I was next to a few guys who traveled just to see Rangers play the Wings in Joe Louis. Them being from New York, their whole thing was to see the Rangers play all the original 6 teams at MSG and at the teams respective stadium. IMO fans love the Original 6 match-ups and the NHL should give us a home and home series of those teams every year :-)
icehog3 04:41 PM 03-02-2011
That would be cool, Christos. :-)
Ahbroody 04:53 PM 03-02-2011
I dont like the current system.
Wings fans shouldnt be complaining about the current system. For many years the Wings resided in one of the worse divisions in the league.

I would love to see a change where every team plays in every building every season. Probably ditching my season tickets next year. I will just buy a pack. Dont really want to see the pacific teams so many times.
icehog3 04:56 PM 03-02-2011
If we are gonna start griping about sh!t we don't like, I have the ****ing shootouts, and the 3 point games. But the NHL has become minor league hockey in that respect, and I am sure we are never going back.

Thank God for playoff hockey and "play until someone scores".
icehog3 11:56 PM 03-02-2011
Hawks win their 6th in a row, and move up to 4th in the West, and 4 points behind the Sharks. Hawks and Sharks are the two hottest teams in the West. Johnny Toews was named NHL Player of the Month for February, and had 2 goals to start off March.

GHC_Hambone 01:48 AM 03-03-2011
If we are gonna start griping about sh!t we don't like, I have the ****ing shootouts, and the 3 point games.
:-)
Bruins Fan 03:47 AM 03-03-2011
Tampa comes into the garden tonight,the B's have a chance to take over 2nd place in the east.
I think the boys will bring the A game trying to keep the streak alive :-)
GreekGodX 03:52 AM 03-03-2011
If we are gonna start griping about sh!t we don't like, I have the ****ing shootouts, and the 3 point games. But the NHL has become minor league hockey in that respect, and I am sure we are never going back.

Thank God for playoff hockey and "play until someone scores".
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone:
:-)
Yes!
kugie 04:49 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Tampa comes into the garden tonight,the B's have a chance to take over 2nd place in the east.
I think the boys will bring the A game trying to keep the streak alive :-)
I so hope you are right on this one.
They have been known to put up a real stinker when it counts.
But this is their chance to start showing they are the real deal.:-)

GO B's!
Bruins Fan 05:55 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by kugie:
I so hope you are right on this one.
They have been known to put up a real stinker when it counts.
But this is their chance to start showing they are the real deal.:-)

GO B's!
You right on that.....I just did not want to say it:-)
icehog3 09:38 AM 03-03-2011
Islander's Gillies didn't take long to be a doucherod again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly8wHWUVfYs
Bruins Fan 10:00 AM 03-03-2011
They got to get guys like him and Cook out of the league.
I love hard hitting,drop the gloves hockey, cheap shot punks that try to take a mans livelihood away should be banished.
gpugliese 10:10 AM 03-03-2011
Islander's Gillies didn't take long to be a doucherod again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly8wHWUVfYs
Clutterbuck's no angel, but Gillies is a moron. Looks as if Gillies is reacting to Clutterbuck boarding Dibenedetto, but there's no need for the headshot.

I always enjoy listening to Mike Milbury ***** about "dirty" players though. What a hypocrite.
icehog3 10:18 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by gpugliese:
I always enjoy listening to Mike Milbury ***** about "dirty" players though. What a hypocrite.
QFT.
Bruins Fan 10:27 AM 03-03-2011
Tom you got that all wrong, Milbury wasn't a dirty player, he would drop the glove and probably lost more fights then he won.
Now if you threw a drink at him he just might go into the stands and beat you with a shoe :-)
Eleven 10:32 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
They got to get guys like him and Cook out of the league.
I love hard hitting,drop the gloves hockey, cheap shot punks that try to take a mans livelihood away should be banished.
Leave Matt Cooke alone!

icehog3 04:37 PM 03-03-2011
That's why I always wear my slippers when the Bruins are in town, John. :-) :-)
Bruins Fan 07:44 PM 03-03-2011
Nice win by the B's, hard fought contest, lots of hits.
B's penalty killing was outstanding shutting down the high powered Tampa offense :-).
Page 62 of 138
« First < 1252606162 636472112 > Last »
Up