Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 62 of 352
« First < 1252606162 636472112162 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
Slavac 03:41 PM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:
This was my "black friday" pickup. Was thinking about getting the .223 but I ended up with the .308 so I could hunt with it. :-) Still deciding on flip-up iron sites or a scope... (it's a Remington R-25) I smoked the mag-50 while playing with my new toy.
Why not get BUIS from Magpul and put your scope on a Larue mount so it'll clear the BUIS?
HK3- 03:47 PM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by Slavac:
Why not get BUIS from Magpul and put your scope on a Larue mount so it'll clear the BUIS?
Another great website... Thanks Slavac I will have to look into that route. I've been leaning towards the tritium battle sites that Troy Industries carries for the irons but they are a bit pricey.
smokeyandthebandit05 07:05 PM 12-01-2009
This was my "black friday" pickup. Was thinking about getting the .223 but I ended up with the .308 so I could hunt with it. :-) Still deciding on flip-up iron sites or a scope... (it's a Remington R-25) I smoked the mag-50 while playing with my new toy.
Im thinking of buying one of these but in .223. Have you shot yours yet?
Roland of Gilead 10:01 PM 12-01-2009
Some pics from Sunday.

The lighting was horrible. These are far from my best work.

-Roland.
Roland of Gilead 10:03 PM 12-01-2009

Image\

-Roland
Roland of Gilead 10:05 PM 12-01-2009

-Roland.
Fishbeadtwo 11:24 PM 12-01-2009
nice pics ! What shutter speed does it take to capture shots like those?
Slavac 11:50 PM 12-01-2009
Another great website... Thanks Slavac I will have to look into that route. I've been leaning towards the tritium battle sites that Troy Industries carries for the irons but they are a bit pricey.
No worries. I'd be happy to help with any build questions you may have.

You can get both the front and rear BUIS from Magpul by shopping around a bit on ebay for $100ish. My dad's rifle has a set of them right now and he likes them.

He also has an Eotech mounted and wanted to get the optic raised a bit. I put the optic on a Larue mount ($100 as well, pricy but a great company) and this solved his problem. www.laruetactical.com

What sling are you going to put on it?
elderboy02 05:04 AM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by Fishbeadtwo:
:-) It has to be hard to catch a bullet leaving the muzzle and brass in mid air!

Nice work! :-)
gettysburgfreak 06:31 AM 12-02-2009
On my way to the firing range to get trained on the M4, cannot wait to fire this gun.
elderboy02 07:04 AM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
On my way to the firing range to get trained on the M4, cannot wait to fire this gun.
Nice! :-) :-)
Catfish 07:13 AM 12-02-2009
:-) :-)
dogface_313 08:19 AM 12-02-2009

You can get both the front and rear BUIS from Magpul by shopping around a bit on ebay for $100ish. My dad's rifle has a set of them right now and he likes them.

He also has an Eotech mounted and wanted to get the optic raised a bit. I put the optic on a Larue mount ($100 as well, pricy but a great company) and this solved his problem. www.laruetactical.com

I am a big fan of Magpul products, however not the MBUIS. I went with the Midwest Industries same plane low profile back up iron sight(a little expensive) and love it. I am a big fan of same plane back ups. Next purchase for my personal AR is an ACOG(if I can stop spending money on cigars and save up for it)
gettysburgfreak 11:50 AM 12-02-2009
Just got back from the range and can say that has been the most fun I have had yet at the academy. I really think I want to pick up an AR-15 now. We fired from 100 yards and I was amazed how accurate and easy to control it was. I had never fired a rifle before and was putting them in the 5 ring. We got to fire 20 rounds from the 25 yard line on full auto which was a blast.
Roland of Gilead 10:13 PM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by Fishbeadtwo:

Camera Canon EOS-1D Mark II
Exposure Time 0.0015s (1/640)
Aperture f/2.8
ISO 200
Focal Length 110mm (143mm in 35mm)
elderboy02 05:03 AM 12-03-2009
Just got back from the range and can say that has been the most fun I have had yet at the academy. I really think I want to pick up an AR-15 now. We fired from 100 yards and I was amazed how accurate and easy to control it was. I had never fired a rifle before and was putting them in the 5 ring. We got to fire 20 rounds from the 25 yard line on full auto which was a blast.
Definitely get an AR. They are fun, but won't be as fun as the one you shot yesterday, b/c it won't be full auto. :-)
HK3- 10:24 AM 12-03-2009

Not sure which sling just yet.

Originally Posted by dogface_313:
I am a big fan of Magpul products, however not the MBUIS. I went with the Midwest Industries same plane low profile back up iron sight(a little expensive) and love it. I am a big fan of same plane back ups. Next purchase for my personal AR is an ACOG(if I can stop spending money on cigars and save up for it)
I think I may go with the irons that Troy Industries carries. I was looking at a SR-556 that comes with the Troy flip ups and I really like them a lot. I really liked the SR-556 as well so that may be my next purchase.

And BTW Roland, those pictures kick ass! You are quite the photographer!
JE3146 10:56 AM 12-03-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Definitely get an AR. They are fun, but won't be as fun as the one you shot yesterday, b/c it won't be full auto. :-)
Full auto is only fun when you don't have to think about what it costs to feed it. :-)
HK3- 12:22 PM 12-08-2009
Picked up a nice set of the Troy Industries flip-up battle sites yesterday. Got the best deal ever which made it hard to turn down. Also picked up a tactical sling today while at the cop shop. Looking forward to getting back home to put on my new goodies! :-)
elderboy02 12:31 PM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Full auto is only fun when you don't have to think about what it costs to feed it. :-)
True :-)
Page 62 of 352
« First < 1252606162 636472112162 > Last »
Up