Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 61 of 352
« First < 1151596061 626371111161 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
replicant_argent 01:21 PM 11-13-2009
this made me laugh today
Roland of Gilead 06:59 PM 11-13-2009
That was cool! Woulda hit it the first time with an Abrams. :-)

-Mark.
Mr.Maduro 08:22 AM 11-23-2009
Can someone PM me a link to where I can find out the estimated value for a particular pistol?

Thanks in advance.
elderboy02 08:40 AM 11-23-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
Can someone PM me a link to where I can find out the estimated value for a particular pistol?

Thanks in advance.
Which pistol? MSRP or real-world value?
elderboy02 08:41 AM 11-23-2009
Gunbroker.com is kind of like e-bay.
shilala 08:53 AM 11-23-2009
Here's my face cannon. I love it. :-)

MTB996 10:00 AM 11-23-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Gunbroker.com is kind of like e-bay.
With REALLY high prices.

Gunsamerica.com is a better source for buying firearms (although still not that good in pricing).
replicant_argent 10:03 AM 11-23-2009
http://www.galleryofguns.com/
That is a great way to see what kind of quote you can get on many goodies. You can search using the Genie, get a quote using your local shops. VERY good way to get a good deal. It if shows in stock, you can get it. Painless.
floydpink 10:36 AM 11-23-2009
I went and did it finally. Ordered my dream 9mm gun. Under 13 ozs and built unlike any gun I have ever shot.

I was close to a Seacamp, but ponied up the extra bucks for this....

Should have it by December something.

Not normally a 9mm fan, but after holding one of these and reading raves like this; I figured you only live once and may only get to defend your life once. This thing is no more cumbersome than a cel phone. My jaw did drop when I saw the pricetag, but that's what year end bonuses are for.

"From the philharmonic hall to the fishing trip, the R9 is my constant companion. It’s one great gun!”

~ Terry Tussey, Terry Custom Guns

elderboy02 11:10 AM 11-23-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I went and did it finally. Ordered my dream 9mm gun. Under 13 ozs and built unlike any gun I have ever shot.

I was close to a Seacamp, but ponied up the extra bucks for this....

Should have it by December something.

Not normally a 9mm fan, but after holding one of these and reading raves like this; I figured you only live once and may only get to defend your life once. This thing is no more cumbersome than a cel phone. My jaw did drop when I saw the pricetag, but that's what year end bonuses are for.

"From the philharmonic hall to the fishing trip, the R9 is my constant companion. It’s one great gun!”

~ Terry Tussey, Terry Custom Guns

That is pricey but awesome! :-)
Catfish 11:51 AM 11-23-2009
I have nothing against people's choices in guns but, I just have no use for something that small right now.
T.G 12:29 PM 11-23-2009
floydpink 02:34 PM 11-23-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
I have nothing against people's choices in guns but, I just have no use for something that small right now.
I agree and also have nothing against people's choice. In fact, I love Glocks, Sigs and even some of the plastic ones.

Problem is, I am 5'8" and living in cargo shorts, they rarely leave the gun vault which is of no use to me. Me carrying a Glock is like a bull in a china shop.

I doubt I'll stop carrying my Airweight wheel gun, but there are times when a small 9mm that works, unlike a Kel Tec, is invaluable for me.
random0813 07:37 PM 11-23-2009
After a year of drooling...I finally picked up my XD9 this weekend! I have been fondling this thing like I am 13 again and home sick...

I went to the range today to make put some holes in paper and just my luck - they are closed due to power outage!!!!!!! Well the upshot is, it gave me a chance to pick up a couple hundred more rounds to help me break it in tomorrow (hopefully!)

I have spent the past year renting and borrowing trying to find what gun felt best to me and kept coming back to the various XDs. I just love this gun and completely understand why it has become such a hot commodity in the stores.
Slavac 07:44 PM 11-23-2009
Originally Posted by amyelizabeth:
I want an XDM, but I'm too small to be able to conceal one. :-)

... That is, unless they make a subcompact XDM. God, I hope they do. It's so pretty, and I like the grip a lot better.
Hrm I didn't know this. Looks like I'd best be saving up!
Opusfxd 11:25 PM 11-23-2009
Like me, hate me, call it a daisy, but I picked up my LCP today. I swear I could conceal this in a flip flop on the beach. I swear my crackberry is bigger.
Now where's that .380 ammo???
JE3146 01:15 AM 11-24-2009
Originally Posted by Opusfxd:
Like me, hate me, call it a daisy, but I picked up my LCP today. I swear I could conceal this in a flip flop on the beach. I swear my crackberry is bigger.
Now where's that .380 ammo???
The gangster's bought it all up :-)

:-)

I usually stray away from .380, but it has it's perks for maximum concealment. Nice pickup :-)
TheManWithNoName 11:56 PM 11-30-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
After my Kel Tec P11 experience, I'll trust an aluminum airweight frame on a 642 Smith with my life thank you very much.

The Kel Tec was the biggest piece of junk to ever grace my hands, but there's plenty who will tell you if you dremel the feedramp or send it back to the factory, it will work just fine.
That's a shame. Apparently Kel-Tec finally got the newer pf-9's right, heard good reviews. Would like to support an American company.

Call me crazy, but I feel 110% with my Glock (if I'm crazy, the cops and the FBI must be too. LOL.) :-)
elderboy02 04:56 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by TheManWithNoName:
That's a shame. Apparently Kel-Tec finally got the newer pf-9's right, heard good reviews. Would like to support an American company.

Call me crazy, but I feel 110% with my Glock (if I'm crazy, the cops and the FBI must be too. LOL.) :-)
Me too :-)
HK3- 03:39 PM 12-01-2009
This was my "black friday" pickup. Was thinking about getting the .223 but I ended up with the .308 so I could hunt with it. :-) Still deciding on flip-up iron sites or a scope... (it's a Remington R-25) I smoked the mag-50 while playing with my new toy.
Page 61 of 352
« First < 1151596061 626371111161 > Last »
Up