Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 61 of 104
« First < 1151596061 626371 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
taltos 08:01 PM 05-08-2009
Congrats Joe, your team is playing better and with more desire than the Bruins now. Another wasted season in Boston. Hope that you guys go to the finals.
ahc4353 08:12 PM 05-08-2009
Congrats Joe! The boys are on a mission.

Congrats Kev! Clutch win.
Bruins Fan 08:19 PM 05-08-2009
Stick a fork in my Bruins there done :-)
kugie 08:35 PM 05-08-2009
The B's are bumming me out.
The canes are playing with passion and they are killing us.
Still the series is not over
Bruins Fan 08:43 PM 05-08-2009
Steve Montador is killing us he can't do jack:-)
kugie 08:57 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Steve Montador is killing us he can't do jack:-)
I agree
But riddle me this
how many Forwards are on the ice for the bruins in a given shift.
The answer is three and no one in front of the net. Not a soul, on many of the shifts tonight. the canes had people in front of the net all night.
SmokeyJoe 09:08 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Joe, saw this column today in the Chicago paper and thought you might like to see it.
Thanks, Tom... I am thrilled to see Ladd doing so well. Hope he can pull the Hawks on into the next round. :-)
SmokeyJoe 09:19 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Congrats Joe, your team is playing better and with more desire than the Bruins now. Another wasted season in Boston. Hope that you guys go to the finals.
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Congrats Joe! The boys are on a mission.

Congrats Kev! Clutch win.
Thanks, guys... been home about a half hour... WHAT A GAME!

"Canes do look like they are on a mission. We were given little chance by the national media. Barry Melrose was the only national guy that I saw that gave us the edge in the series.

Hope folks will begin to realize that the Carolina Hurricanes are a serious team... 2006 Stanley Cup Champions with some great players and a fan base that has won us the reputation among the players as the loudest house in the NHL. Time for some respect. :-)

Bruins surprised me tonight. Losing their third game in a row? I expected them to show some more grit. Lost by multiple goals at home... lost the next game when I really expected them to come out strong... then lost tonight to a team that had a lot more jump. Outside of the second period, the 'Canes were the better team by far.

I know the series is not over, but if Boston doesn't find some heart, the Hurricanes will enjoy some rest before the next series. :-)
loki 10:07 PM 05-08-2009
ovi needs suspended. dirty dirty hit clearly knee on knee with intent to injure. he needs to be gone for at least one game.
Ahbroody 10:35 PM 05-08-2009
Damn the Canes. My Humi is about to get rolled.
Congrats Joe Looks like you and your buddy will be smoking a few of my sticks shortly.
icehog3 11:43 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
ovi needs suspended. dirty dirty hit clearly knee on knee with intent to injure. he needs to be gone for at least one game.
I know it's hard to see things objectively when it is a player on your favorite team that gets hurt, but I (as a big fan of neither team) didn't read any intent to injure into the collision. Looks like Gonchar's leg was extended just as Ovechkin's was. It is hockey...**** happens. :-)
icehog3 11:47 PM 05-08-2009
Congrats Joe and condolences Paul...The 'Canes looked great again tonight.
taltos 04:24 AM 05-09-2009
Tom, not a shock that this happened. There has been a mind set with the Bruins' ownership since the mid '70's that making the playoffs is enough. What compounded things this year was that the B's beat the Montreal Mafia in the first round so the season was a monster success. I gave up my season tickets 1 year into the new Garden because I found it to be a sterile and cold place but was thinking about getting them again. Will not do so because the B's mindset has not changed.
loki 07:47 AM 05-09-2009
I know it's hard to see things objectively when it is a player on your favorite team that gets hurt, but I (as a big fan of neither team) didn't read any intent to injure into the collision. Looks like Gonchar's leg was extended just as Ovechkin's was. It is hockey...**** happens. :-)
yes **** happens in hockey, however moving your leg to impact another players leg knee to knee is not part of the game. there is a vid from the right hand side of the rink that clearly shows that he moved his leg to hit gonchar.

for the record I'd have this stance no matter who was involved, Penguin, blackhawk or coyote.
icehog3 08:50 AM 05-09-2009
Looked like Sergei put his leg out too to me, but we can agree to disagree. Regardless, I hope Gonchar is able to skate again today and that it is not a serious injury.
loki 09:38 AM 05-09-2009
with the amount of pain that he was in i don't think he will be. even if there is nothing torn/broken (i'm hearing speculation of a turn mcl) the residual soreness will probably keep him out....like our PP can afford another difficulty to over come
icehog3 12:28 PM 05-09-2009
That sucks about Gonchar, no matter which team I am rooting for, hate to see a player get hurt, especially this time of year.
loki 12:37 PM 05-09-2009
gonchar out, Goligoski in. I"m not expecting much from todays game.
icehog3 01:06 PM 05-09-2009
Pens played just fine after Gonchar left yesterday, not sure why you wouldn't expect/hope for the same today. :-)
loki 01:15 PM 05-09-2009
Pens played just fine after Gonchar left yesterday, not sure why you wouldn't expect/hope for the same today. :-)
the two were separate statements. back to back playoff games, can't be good
Page 61 of 104
« First < 1151596061 626371 > Last »
Up