Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 60 of 82
« First < 1050585960 616270 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
Eleven 03:14 PM 04-13-2012
Am I the only one who doesn't think the Hulk Smash was *that* bad?
icehog3 03:33 PM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Am I the only one who doesn't think the Hulk Smash was *that* bad?
It was bush league, I expect more from Weber. Say what they will about fighting and hockey, that was pure WWE.

I also expect to see Kronwall, Berschmoozi and Abdelkader to be throwing it around tonight.
Eleven 07:28 PM 04-13-2012
Bush league is one thing, but it wasn't criminal. People are going nuts over it, and the irony is the team with someone who WAS criminally investigated and charged are the ones whining the most.

I've seen more blatant bush league actions in the first 2 periods of the Pens/Flyers game, but no one is whining, it's playoff hockey.
yourchoice 08:43 PM 04-13-2012
Another very entertaining Flyers/Pens game. Couturier and Giroux each with a hat trick, with the other two Flyer goals coming from former Penguins.

Couturier was especially impressive on both ends of the ice. Malkin was looking frustrated, IMHO.

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!
E.J. 09:46 PM 04-13-2012
Though I hitched my wagon to the Pens, this series has been VERY entertaining...

HOLD ON LA!!!!
Ahbroody 11:06 PM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Though I hitched my wagon to the Pens, this series has been VERY entertaining...

HOLD ON LA!!!!
:-):-):-) love the playoffs

Geoff told you it was going to get nasty. I expect it to get worse.
icehog3 11:27 PM 04-13-2012
Never said the Weber incident was criminal, Scott.

I am not a Berschmoozi fan, but in Wings' fans defense, he wasn't on the Wings when the incident happened...he was on the dirtiest team in the league (then and now).

Dustin Brown is my Hero of the Day. :-)
Eleven 12:04 AM 04-14-2012
LA is impressing me! I hope they sweep the Canucks, so I don't have to see that goofy little kid with the headphones, or the greenmen back in Vancouver until next year.

And the Pens...wtf? Philly was impressive, but the Pens were brutal. This doth not bode well for the Penguins of Pittsburgh.
taltos 03:53 AM 04-14-2012
Is Vancouver burning yet? That President's Cup is a kiss of death more often than not.
mithrilG60 04:36 AM 04-14-2012
that goofy little kid with the headphones
Ummm, you do realize those aren't headphones but are rather ear protectors to reduce the sound level that kid's exposed to right? He and his father attend more games each season than 99% of this board will attend in their lifetime. Noise protection for developing ears is a very responsible decision IMHO.
Bruins Fan 06:56 AM 04-14-2012
Game two today against the Caps, in a dreaded afternoon game.
It will be interesting to see if Ovechkin will come out banging again?
Ovi came out on the short end on a lot of them hits,your not going to out Bruin the Bruins :-)
As log as he is checking he's not shooting :-)
Eleven 08:30 AM 04-14-2012
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
Ummm, you do realize those aren't headphones but are rather ear protectors to reduce the sound level that kid's exposed to right? He and his father attend more games each season than 99% of this board will attend in their lifetime. Noise protection for developing ears is a very responsible decision IMHO.
Actually the responsible decision would be to either buy the kid his/her own seat, or leave the kid at home if they can't take the noise level at a hockey game.

I was being facetious, mainly about how annoying the canucks fans are, and you popped in, right on cue :-)
icehog3 04:51 PM 04-14-2012
Braden Holtby looking OK so far. :-)

Save Percentage: .973

Goals Against Average: 0.833

Home Ice Advantage: Capitals
Ahbroody 05:28 PM 04-14-2012
How can you not like the Holtby story right now.
Should have won game 1. Wins game 2. Friggin love the playoffs.
icehog3 05:31 PM 04-14-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
How can you not like the Holtby story right now.
Should have won game 1. Wins game 2. Friggin love the playoffs.
Yes! Now for Craig Anderson to shut down the Blueshirts! :-)
Eleven 05:50 PM 04-14-2012
Who the hell is Holtby? Has he been around all year? (Not a caps fan, so this guy is news to me!)
Bruins Fan 05:55 PM 04-14-2012
Any warm body would look good against the B's last two games.
Absolute no pressure on goal, challenge this kid quit taking shots from the point.
A lot of players are not competing,they got to get their head out of their asses.
GreekGodX 05:57 PM 04-14-2012
Who the hell is Holtby? Has he been around all year? (Not a caps fan, so this guy is news to me!)
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Braden Holtby looking OK so far. :-)

Save Percentage: .973

Goals Against Average: 0.833

Home Ice Advantage: Capitals
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Holtby for Conn Smythe trophy (for as long as the Wings win the cup though :-))
Too soon yet, but he's making a strong argument for me in the 1st round :-)

He has stepped in due to injuries to Vokoun and I forget their other goalie's name. Nevurith? or there was another guy from last season that started a lot too but one of them is on another team now.
icehog3 06:23 PM 04-14-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Too soon yet, but he's making a strong argument for me in the 1st round :-)

He has stepped in due to injuries to Vokoun and I forget their other goalie's name. Nevurith? or there was another guy from last season that started a lot too but one of them is on another team now.
Valarmov was their big goalie last year.

Holtby played in Hershey for the AHL team this season, and was an All-Star there.
Ahbroody 06:57 PM 04-14-2012
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Any warm body would look good against the B's last two games.
Absolute no pressure on goal, challenge this kid quit taking shots from the point.
A lot of players are not competing,they got to get their head out of their asses.
Disagree. I thought Holtby has played great and made some great saves.

Pavs gets in a fight. Lol not his area of expertise.
Page 60 of 82
« First < 1050585960 616270 > Last »
Up