Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 60 of 138
« First < 1050585960 616270110 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
gravelman 04:26 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Actually , my post about "luck" referred to the Hawks-Pens game.

I didn't think Bishop was terrible in the 2nd when he gave up 4, maybe one was a bit soft, but the Blues D just hung him out to dry.
Ahh thanks for the clarification, man Blues just can't seem to weave everything together for a good streak...another chance tonight!

Lots of games on tonight, hopefully my service provider will be providing me with most of them :-)
E.J. 04:55 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by gravelman:
Ahh thanks for the clarification, man Blues just can't seem to weave everything together for a good streak...another chance tonight!

Lots of games on tonight, hopefully my service provider will be providing me with most of them :-)
1 hour until Johnson and McClement return to St. Louis.... Duchene is back tonight for the Avs as well...

GO AVS!
E.J. 04:59 PM 02-22-2011
"At the end of the day, I want to make Doug Armstrong regret trading me."
-Erik Johnson
gravelman 05:22 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
"At the end of the day, I want to make Doug Armstrong regret trading me."
-Erik Johnson
Well so far I've enjoyed watching Stewart and Shattenkirk!

Go Blues :-) :-)
bscottskangum 07:37 PM 02-22-2011
Jackets looked good tonight against the Sexual Predators.
Put up 4 in the 3rd for a 4-0 win. Nash started it all with a beauty.
Good defensive effort all game and they dominated the 3rd on both ends.

Lets see if they can't get the standing in the West a little more bunched up. :-)
Ahbroody 07:57 PM 02-22-2011
Maybe I over reacted on the call.
Still think it was the typical end of the game gimme call.
Bruins Fan 09:27 PM 02-22-2011
Nice win tonight for the B's over the red hot Flames, fast physical game.
A bogus penalty with two minutes left ruined Thomas shutout. :-)
Ahbroody 12:07 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Wait the team down by two late in the third they got a gimme powerplay to give them a chance to get within one setting up for an exciting finish that would work the fans into a frenzy and give them team a chance to tie it?

I mean that never happens. Errrrrrrrrrr wait a minute it happens far to often and multiple times tonight. I hate when the Sharks get the give calls also. It really does happen far to often and usually its the home team that gets the call. I saw plenty of non calls both ways in the Sharls Wings game especially in the third. For them to toss the softball at the end like that was crap.

The Sharks absolutely dominated parts of the third. Howard made some amazing saves or that score could have been worse. Both teams had some lucky and bad bounces. Both goalies played well. Firsttime Sharks have ever won both games at the Joe in the season series. Nice to see the Joe not being that impenetrable fortress that it was for so many years for the Sharks. Was also nice to see the Sharks break up a lot of Detroits passing unlike the game in SJ where the mash crew rookie D line was just standing still watching Det put on a passing clinic.
kugie 05:03 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I didn't catch the whole game, just the first period. But they came out put some pressure on Thomas made some great saves.
The Lucic goal in the first was sweet and what a great pass from Krejci.

This is Krejci's time to shine.
357 06:14 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Wait the team down by two late in the third they got a gimme powerplay to give them a chance to get within one setting up for an exciting finish that would work the fans into a frenzy and give them team a chance to tie it?

I mean that never happens. Errrrrrrrrrr wait a minute it happens far to often and multiple times tonight. I hate when the Sharks get the give calls also. It really does happen far to often and usually its the home team that gets the call. I saw plenty of non calls both ways in the Sharls Wings game especially in the third. For them to toss the softball at the end like that was crap.

The Sharks absolutely dominated parts of the third. Howard made some amazing saves or that score could have been worse. Both teams had some lucky and bad bounces. Both goalies played well. Firsttime Sharks have ever won both games at the Joe in the season series. Nice to see the Joe not being that impenetrable fortress that it was for so many years for the Sharks. Was also nice to see the Sharks break up a lot of Detroits passing unlike the game in SJ where the mash crew rookie D line was just standing still watching Det put on a passing clinic.
Bummed I missed it, even if my team lost.
GreekGodX 06:20 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:

This summary makes me glad I missed the game last night :-) I was in class until 10pm. Seems like all the lines except Hudler/Datsuyk/Cleary line aren't scoring. Bertuzzi is playing well but again the line as a whole isn't. Thornton just seems to step up against us. Stats wise he has played well against the Wings this year.
Bruins Fan 06:45 AM 02-23-2011
Funny interview with Lucic talking about Peverley, Lucic says Peverly has worked him over with some stick work in the past, Lucic says that's not a bad thing now.:-)
With the addition of Peverly we got some speed to break into the offensive zone.
Now if Seguin would not be so fast to pass the puck and use his speed he could really make things happen.
He is still a boy playing with men it's time for him to step up.
Ahbroody 09:33 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
This summary makes me glad I missed the game last night :-) I was in class until 10pm. Seems like all the lines except Hudler/Datsuyk/Cleary line aren't scoring. Bertuzzi is playing well but again the line as a whole isn't. Thornton just seems to step up against us. Stats wise he has played well against the Wings this year.
Clown shoes looked really good at times and it pisses me off to say that. I thought the game was very exciting. Players were talking about how it had a playoff feel. The third had a lot of end to end rushes and sliding goalie saves both ways. The Sharks did have the better luck and seem to have more sustained pressure, but one or two bounces the other way and D wins the game.

Now I want to see the Sharks take out the Pens. The way the Yotes are playing they have to. Man they are taking out everyone and its a different player stepping up every night.
gravelman 06:34 PM 02-23-2011
Ha this Pens Sharks game is pretty funny...lights went out and now they're waiting to get them back on. Ridiculous :-)
Ahbroody 07:28 PM 02-23-2011
Its been on the tv the whole time, but between cooking some burgers on the grill, and feeding the kids all I have watched is maybe 7 minutes. Didnt see either goal.
gravelman 07:36 PM 02-23-2011
Its funny you say that, I joined in at the beginning of the second period but managed to miss the Sharks goal due to letting the dog in ha
E.J. 07:53 PM 02-23-2011
The Avs O'Byrne just took a skate to the face, bleading like a stuck pig and finished his shift....
gravelman 08:04 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
The Avs O'Byrne just took a skate to the face, bleading like a stuck pig and finished his shift....
That is dedication and the mentality of a hockey player at its finest!! :-)
Mr.Maduro 07:27 AM 02-24-2011
I really dont want to jinx it, so I'm not going to say it, but Wow!! Hottest team in the league since the break and that #17 is starting to earn all that $$$!! Been using the back-up goalie for the last 7 (wins in a row) games!!:-)

Playoffs??? :-)
icehog3 09:03 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
I really dont want to jinx it, so I'm not going to say it, but Wow!! Hottest team in the league since the break and that #17 is starting to earn all that $$$!! Been using the back-up goalie for the last 7 (wins in a row) games!!:-)

Playoffs??? :-)
He may not be the back-up anymore, at least for this season. :-)
Page 60 of 138
« First < 1050585960 616270110 > Last »
Up