Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
All Cigar Discussion>Whats you 100 point cigar?
cort 08:43 PM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by rennD:
Don't know if I can properly rank cigars since I have been smoking for under two years.

My favorites by marca that rank highly with me:

Cohiba: 30th Anniversario from the Jar
Partagas: Dunhill Seleccion Suprema No. 150
Montecristo: Dunhill Seleccion No. 4
H. Upmann: Pre-embargo Monarcas
Dunhill: Atados and Varadero

... and still searching for more :-)
Originally Posted by pnoon:
BBC has spoken. :-)
Indeed he has, indeed he has.:-)
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 09:33 PM 09-29-2010
Taboo Twist Robusto
[Reply]
nick2021 12:47 AM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by Ferrari5180:
Taboo Twist Robusto
How do you like the Taboo cigars? Was thinking of picking up a sampler to try out.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:18 AM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by nick2021:
How do you like the Taboo cigars? Was thinking of picking up a sampler to try out.
He just called them his "100 point cigar", so my guess is that he likes them a lot. :-)
[Reply]
nick2021 12:59 AM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
He just called them his "100 point cigar", so my guess is that he likes them a lot. :-)
lol, that's true!
[Reply]
pektel 09:26 AM 10-01-2010
Whatever I happen to be smoking at the time. :-)
[Reply]
Bunker 09:45 AM 10-01-2010
In full strength I would have to go with My Father Le Bijou, in a milder smoke Ashton Heritage Pur Sol (amazing with the morning coffee).
[Reply]
Da Klugs 09:46 AM 10-01-2010
I refuse to give any cigar 100 points ... to fuel the ongoing quest. :-)

99.9 - Cubatobacco 1492
99.9 - Habanos 1994

Correction - gave 100 points to the smoking experience of a HDM Excaliber I smoked in the parking lot after Janes emergency C section birth of our first daughter Kait. No smoking experience will ever replace that memory.

I guess my opinion is more the smoking experience/cigar/environment than just the cigar itself. They are consumed by smokers who have all this muddled stuff between our ears. We also smoke them in "an environment". The combination of cigar, between the ears issues and environment all combine to define the smoking experience.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:28 AM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by pektel:
Whatever I happen to be smoking at the time. :-)
So if you are smoking the worst cigar you've ever had, it is a 100 point cigar because you're smoking it at the time? :-)
[Reply]
pektel 10:51 PM 10-01-2010
The worst cigar gets tossed. I don't smoke "bad" cigars. They get tossed during the tasting stage. The actual "smoking" is only for cigars I enjoy.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:11 PM 10-01-2010
I haven't found it yet.

I do enjoy Partagas CC line very much. So much I can taste it now :-)
[Reply]
nick2021 11:29 PM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
I haven't found it yet.

I do enjoy Partagas CC line very much. So much I can taste it now :-)
Thought about pulling the trigger on some of these :-) Does sound yummy!
[Reply]
icehog3 12:29 AM 10-02-2010
The worst cigar gets tossed. I don't smoke "bad" cigars. They get tossed during the tasting stage. The actual "smoking" is only for cigars I enjoy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not to belabor the point, but what is the difference between the "tasting stage" and "smoking"?
[Reply]
forgop 06:51 AM 10-02-2010
Originally Posted by nick2021:
Thought about pulling the trigger on some of these :-) Does sound yummy!
I really like the Presidente and PSD4. Also have a box of PdP No. 1 and Lusi's. All top notch choices. I find the PdP No. 2 to have quite a Jeckyll and Hyde performance any time I light one up.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:27 AM 10-02-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
I really like the Presidente and PSD4. Also have a box of PdP No. 1 and Lusi's. All top notch choices. I find the PdP No. 2 to have quite a Jeckyll and Hyde performance any time I light one up.
No such animal - unless you meant the PSP2.
[Reply]
pektel 09:28 AM 10-02-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Not to belabor the point, but what is the difference between the "tasting stage" and "smoking"?
Just a little process of mine. I'm probably the only one that does it. The first few minutes are a "trial period" where I REALLY concentrate on the smoke, trying to place flavor profile, judging draw, smoke density, etc. If I don't like it, it gets tossed. No harm, no foul. The rest of the cigar is the "smoking" stage, where I relax more, settle in, and enjoy the experience.

Again, ymmv. Just a stupid thing I made up. I'm still a noob to cigars, so I definitely don't have a refined process. Or refined palette, for that matter. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:33 AM 10-02-2010
Thanks for the insight Peter, and I agree life is too short to smoke a cigar you're not enjoying. :-)
[Reply]
x man 09:56 AM 10-02-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
01 VR Familiar... not a 100 (nothing yet has been), but consistently grand... :-)
No such thing as a 100 pt cigar under 10 yrs old.
Even then its almost impossible, more like 13 yrs and older
u might find something.
Now, in 6 to 10 yrs, the Cohiba GR`s and the BHK`s might get near 100.
But ive been smokin since 1994, and my reference pts.
are different. So this is just my meaningless opinion.
[Reply]
longknocker 10:00 AM 10-02-2010
Tatuaje Reserva SW For Me. Never Had A Bad One!:-)
[Reply]
Chingas 12:40 PM 10-02-2010
Just a little process of mine. I'm probably the only one that does it. The first few minutes are a "trial period" where I REALLY concentrate on the smoke, trying to place flavor profile, judging draw, smoke density, etc. If I don't like it, it gets tossed. No harm, no foul. The rest of the cigar is the "smoking" stage, where I relax more, settle in, and enjoy the experience.

Again, ymmv. Just a stupid thing I made up. I'm still a noob to cigars, so I definitely don't have a refined process. Or refined palette, for that matter. :-)

I hear what your saying Peter but I've smoked a few sticks that started out like crap but after a little bit opened up to amazing sticks. I'd hate to see you toss a potential great smoke.

Back on topic...

Fuente Short Story. For what it is and the price it's at, I've never had a bad one.

Camacho 1962 - This is an excellent stick in any size.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Up