Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Entertainment>Old School/Retro Gaming: What are You Playing?
kelmac07 02:40 PM 08-04-2013
Yahtzee :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:09 PM 08-04-2013
Originally Posted by CEC_Tech:
I'm not sure what your guys stance is on emulators, but grab M.A.M.E. and you can play everything your heart desires. Over the years i've compiled quite a collection of roms and even built myself a couple of arcade machines running my favorite games.
I don't have a problem with them at all, but it's just not quite the same as having the real thing in your hands. I think having a MAME arcade machine would be pretty cool.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 03:00 PM 08-23-2013
Spent about an hour seeing how far I could get in Gradius on the NES last night. That's a hard game!
[Reply]
pektel 03:04 PM 08-23-2013
Been playing NES with my six year old lately.

Lots of Mega Man, gradius, blades of steel, double dragon, tmnt2, ninja gaiden, and breakthru. Oh, and gotcha!
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 03:21 PM 08-23-2013
I pulled out metroid last night. about pulled my friggin hair out. I forgot everything!
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 04:32 PM 08-23-2013
Originally Posted by pektel:
Been playing NES with my six year old lately.

Lots of Mega Man, gradius, blades of steel, double dragon, tmnt2, ninja gaiden, and breakthru. Oh, and gotcha!
Blades of Steel is one of my favorite games ever :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:46 PM 08-23-2013
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Since the Game Thread is pretty much all new stuff, I'd like to see if anyone's playing any of the old stuff (Atari, NES, SNES, Genesis, Turbo Grafx, Neo-Geo, N64, PS1, emulators, etc...)
Also, anything retro on the Wii Virtual Console or PS3, XBox 360, or PC too.
I've been playing Punch-Out, Tecmo Bowl, Contra, Castlevania, Earthbound, and TMNT: The Arcade Game of late.

Anybody else into retro gaming?
Retro gaming? To me that means the hexagonal square boards for war games made by companies like Avalon Hill. And role-playing games done with books character sheets, and the imaginations of a bunch of guys sitting around the room. Games like DND, Champions, Marel Super Heroes, etc...
[Reply]
Starscream 09:13 AM 08-24-2013
Originally Posted by CEC_Tech:
I pulled out metroid last night. about pulled my friggin hair out. I forgot everything!
JUSTIN BAILEY
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Second best password/cheat code ever.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:19 AM 08-24-2013
I hooked up the 64 last night in my bedroom. I now have the NES, SNES, and 64 all hooked up side by side. My six year old and I played some WCW Revenge, Mario Kart 64, and Rampage World Tour. After that, we played some Pro Wrestling on the NES.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:15 AM 08-06-2014
If anyone here has any old NES, SNES, or N64 games that they would like to get rid of, shoot me a PM. I've been collecting some again lately and am up to 81 NES games.

If there are any other retro collectors here, check out The Game Chasers on Youtube. The show is like a ripoff of American Pickers, except it's all video game related and not staged.
[Reply]
Steve 09:18 AM 08-06-2014
[Reply]
Starscream 09:51 AM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by Steve:
I remember those. I had a different model, but still the same gemeplay. Crude but fun.
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:14 AM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by Starscream:
JUSTIN BAILEY
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Second best password/cheat code ever.:-)
Love that code. :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:15 AM 08-06-2014
Just picked up Castlevania for NES and Jungle Strike for SNES.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:32 AM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Just picked up Castlevania for NES and Jungle Strike for SNES.
I've never played Jungle Strike. Any good?
[Reply]
Jbailey 11:34 AM 08-06-2014
Always loved all those strike games. Desert, Jungle, Urban.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:42 AM 08-06-2014
So it's a precursor to Desert Strike. Didn't know that. Desert Strike on the Genesis was fun.
[Reply]
Dave128 12:04 PM 08-06-2014
I have a few NES games that are tucked away someplace. Haven't had that system hooked up in quite some time. It was my late sisters system and I hold on to it for purely sentimental reasons.

I am, however, in search of Wii games. Can't seem to find any good selection of those for the original system since they came out with the Wii-U. Does anyone have any original Wii games that they would like to part with?
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 10:52 PM 08-06-2014
I've been playing a lot of Super Street Fighter from SNES, just beat 7th Saga, and am playing SNES Zelda and Secret of Mana right now. Love the old rpg's.
[Reply]
Jbailey 11:18 PM 08-06-2014
Those were some of my favorite SNES games Ray!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Up