Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
General Discussion>Job Interview Today!
Costa 08:46 AM 08-28-2010
Good luck D. I have no doubt you will be successful no matter which opportunity comes along. Keep us posted....
[Reply]
Darrell 09:18 AM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Saturday D. Whats the deal?
Apparently Whole Foods liked the gang banger and the guy with the short flannel shirt more. Oh well. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:25 AM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Apparently Whole Foods liked the gang banger and the guy with the short flannel shirt more. Oh well. :-)
Or maybe there were other candidates that you didn't see. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 09:32 AM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Or maybe there were other candidates that you didn't see. :-)
No, there actually were not. He said he had 2 positions and 3 applicants.

I'm not sweating it. I have a job that's fine, I just wanted something different. I'll keep looking and hopefully USGS pans out. That's a great opportunity.
[Reply]
Chingas 07:48 PM 08-28-2010

I'm not sweating it. I have a job that's fine, I just wanted something different. I'll keep looking and hopefully USGS pans out. That's a great opportunity.
Sorry Brother. You got the right attitude tho. It won't get you down and you keep on truckin'!:-)
[Reply]
Whee 09:19 PM 08-28-2010
Dude, that sucks.:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:21 PM 08-28-2010
Good attitude, Darrell.

God's blessings on your continued search.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:30 PM 08-28-2010

Reminds me of a friend of mine who used to do the hiring for a company...

It had little room for advancement, so he said he routinely chose inferior candidates because they were less likely to move on. Better candidates often were able to find superior jobs and would leave - necessitating additional hires and training.

From his company's perspective, it was more cost effective to hire people for whom the job would be a destination, not just a stepping stone. Seems plausible in this Whole Foods interview process.

Keep that positive attitude, bro! Hoping to hear good things soon. :-)
[Reply]
smokin5 10:30 PM 08-28-2010
Keep swingin' Brother!
Remember, even Babe Ruth had 1330 strikeouts.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:38 AM 08-31-2010
Thanks for the encouragement and support. I have some good news on my application with the USGS. I logged in to check the status and got this:

Status of my application:

Multiple Grades/Status/Agencies – Eligible-Application Referred to Selecting Officia

Grade 07:Application designated as Best Qualified

Keep your fingers crossed. :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 11:42 AM 08-31-2010
Good luck.

Next up is the phone interview. It will be anywhere from a panel asking questions to the Selecting Official calling asking for you then saying "So you want a job?" :-)
[Reply]
JaKaacH 11:42 AM 08-31-2010
Thanks for the encouragement and support. I have some good news on my application with the USGS. I logged in to check the status and got this:

Multiple Grades/Status/Agencies – Eligible-Application Referred to Selecting Officia

I heard they are going to remap/survey Antartica.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:44 AM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
I heard they are going to remap/survey Antartica.
I'm glad I didn't apply to be a surveyor. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 11:49 AM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
I'm with MCS only place I think you can over dress for an interview would be at a strip club.
:-):-):-)

Wear the tie, just to be safe.
Good luck Darrell.:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 11:52 AM 08-31-2010
Good Luck & Prayers Sent, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 11:53 AM 08-31-2010

We already knew you were the best qualified. :-)

Hope your supervisor will be a S/BOTL! :-)
[Reply]
darkleeroy 12:53 PM 08-31-2010
There's a lot of difference between Federal grade 07 and meat cutter. If you score an interview with them; you might wanna get that suit ready.

But I think you already figured that out.

EDIT: I don't know how it is in other places, but common interview attire in business is dark blue or charcoal suit; white shirt; neutral tie; and black or cordovan shoes with a matching belt. Think the upcoming movie the Adjustment Bureau.
[Reply]
Darrell 12:54 PM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by darkleeroy:
There's a lot of difference between Federal grade 07 and meat cutter. If you score an interview with them; you might wanna get that suit ready.

:-)

I own several suits. One of them is always ready.

I'll get an interview, just waiting for them to call. :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 12:57 PM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by darkleeroy:

Fed doesn't do in person interview. Phone for the vast majority of applications, some are videotapped but that has to be in the job announcement when you apply, which it wasn't for Darrell's job.
[Reply]
darkleeroy 01:03 PM 08-31-2010
:-)

I own several suits. One of them is always ready.

I'll get an interview, just waiting for them to call. :-)
Cool beans, just don't tell them you make kids cry.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Up