Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 351
« First < 456 781656106 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
HawkEye19 03:53 PM 11-08-2008
That reminds me, it's finally cold enough to crack open one of the barleywines I've been cellaring since last winter. Sweet!
GTsetGO 04:01 PM 11-08-2008
Anything Magic Hat

pick up one of the samplers if you get the chance, i promise you you won't be dissappointed.
LasciviousXXX 04:55 PM 11-08-2008
I don't drink much beer, more of a liquor guy myself but I have a buddy who keeps bringing me beer to try... he's odd like that.

Lately I've had:
Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout
Breckenridge Vanilla Porter
Stone IPA
Sam Adams Scotch Ale (never even heard of this before, but it was good :-))
LasciviousXXX 04:58 PM 11-08-2008
Speaking of Sam Adams I was looking at their site online and I've never even seen HALF of the different types of beer they make. What's up with that? All I see at any of my local places are Octoberfest, Winter Brew, Boston Lager and Black Lager.

where do you find all these different varieties? Double Bock, White Ale, Old Fezziwig, Cranberry Lambic, Holiday Porter, Cream Stout, Honey Porter, Irish Red???
GTsetGO 04:59 PM 11-08-2008
my fridge :-)

Parrotheadduff 06:44 PM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Speaking of Sam Adams I was looking at their site online and I've never even seen HALF of the different types of beer they make. What's up with that? All I see at any of my local places are Octoberfest, Winter Brew, Boston Lager and Black Lager.

where do you find all these different varieties? Double Bock, White Ale, Old Fezziwig, Cranberry Lambic, Holiday Porter, Cream Stout, Honey Porter, Irish Red???
The lesser known varieties are often only available in sampler packs. Ask your local store to stock them.
VirtualSmitty 08:21 PM 11-08-2008
You don't want to find Cranberry Lambic Dustin, it might ruin all beer for you! :-)

I can't really help with the rest, Sam Adams is so common here it's available in all it's incarnations pretty regularly.
VirtualSmitty 08:21 PM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:

Very nice :-)
LasciviousXXX 08:41 PM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
You don't want to find Cranberry Lambic Dustin, it might ruin all beer for you! :-)

I can't really help with the rest, Sam Adams is so common here it's available in all it's incarnations pretty regularly.
LOL thanks for the headsup on that bro... I'd hate to :-)
HawkEye19 10:12 PM 11-08-2008

That's a beer fridge? You need to goto the liquor store, my friend!!
GTsetGO 05:49 AM 11-09-2008
Originally Posted by HawkEye19:
That's a beer fridge? You need to goto the liquor store, my friend!!
yeah, it running a little low. :-)

and that is all that the fridge is for. beer and spirits. the food goes in the fridge in the house. :-)
groogs 10:17 PM 11-09-2008
Latley I have been hooked on the Sam Adams Cream Stout. Just can't get enough.:-):-):-)
Magma 04:49 AM 11-10-2008

Like what parot said, you can find some of them in a variety pack. I bought one that had Honey Porter, Irish Red and Black Lager, 2 of each. I'm not sure if there are different variety packs.

That Cream Stout sounds interesting.
silentjon 05:27 AM 11-10-2008

I know some of these are available in seasonal variety packs. I know Old Fezziwig and Cranberry Lambic are part of the winter variety pack. I am not sure if this is the only way to get these (the Cranberry Lambic is the only Sam Adams beer I do not like).
mosesbotbol 05:43 AM 11-11-2008
I had one last night I was quite fond of: Prima Pilsner from PA. Anyone had this one?
Rockestone 05:46 AM 11-11-2008

You need to remove the Coors light before it contaminates the others!!:-)
tnip23 07:25 AM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I had one last night I was quite fond of: Prima Pilsner from PA. Anyone had this one?
Prima Pils is from Victory Brewing Co. from Downingtown, excellent dry hoppy pilsner from the makers of Hop Devil IPA and Storm King Imperial stout.
Scimmia 07:30 AM 11-11-2008

I've had most of those in the list, they typically come in sampler packs throughout the year. I have seen the Double Bock and the White Ale in 6ers at the store, though, and the Double Bock isn't even available in some states. One piece of advice, don't go looking for the Cranberry Lambic; it's absolutely horrible.
Drat 08:07 AM 11-11-2008
Mmmmmm, beeer....

I brew my own, but spend about $50 a week at the local BB&M anyway.

I'm brewing a trappist today which we'll be drinking over Xmas.

Some of my top beers:
Duvel - Belgian Strong Pale Ale
Dogfishhead - World Wide Stout (20% abv, more like a port than a beer)
Dogfishhead - Palo Santo
Ommegang - Three Philosophers
Victory - Hopdevil
Stone - Imperial Russian Stout
Stone - Ruination Double IPA
Chimay - Premier Trappist

I could go on for hours, but I have beer to brew...
kugie 08:58 AM 11-11-2008
Just had My first Ipswitch Oatmeal Stout the other day (got it out of the sampler pack that they have) I will be getting more of those.
Page 6 of 351
« First < 456 781656106 > Last »
Up