Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Sports>Yahoo Baseball 2010
elderboy02 08:51 PM 04-26-2010
Man my team sucks. It just goes to show that if your star players are hurt, your team blows. I just wish these guys would get healthy. I think it is too late though.... my team is out of contention. Who do I send my cigars to?
[Reply]
Starscream 06:52 AM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Man my team sucks. It just goes to show that if your star players are hurt, your team blows. I just wish these guys would get healthy. I think it is too late though.... my team is out of contention. Who do I send my cigars to?
Dump the hurt players and get some others. Or put them all on the bench until healthy. Make sure you have enough players to put up some numbers everyday, though.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:13 AM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Dump the hurt players and get some others. Or put them all on the bench until healthy. Make sure you have enough players to put up some numbers everyday, though.
They are on the DL, so they aren't taking up spots. There just aren't any good free agents. We have too many teams in the league to pick up anyone worthwhile.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:36 AM 04-27-2010
You have 5 DL slots to place your players- and after that you can add a player to replace same. Yes- we have a lot of teams so good players are hard to find. So, you can keep your DLed players and they don't take up a roster spot. When the are activated, you will have to get rid of a player to reinstate them.

This year, it was decided that the entry fee would simply be a fiver for the troops- we'd play for fun and for the troops. So, anyone can send me or Richard a fiver for the troops at anytime as their entry.

Dan- it's not even May yet, brother!
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:44 AM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
You have 5 DL slots to place your players- and after that you can add a player to replace same. Yes- we have a lot of teams so good players are hard to find. So, you can keep your DLed players and they don't take up a roster spot. When the are activated, you will have to get rid of a player to reinstate them.

This year, it was decided that the entry fee would simply be a fiver for the troops- we'd play for fun and for the troops. So, anyone can send me or Richard a fiver for the troops at anytime as their entry.

Dan- it's not even May yet, brother!
We only have 3 DL spots :-) :-)

I will bring the entry fee to the HERF in June :-)

I know it is only May, but holy heck I am behind :-) I just picked up some players so hopefully I may win a game or two.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:07 AM 04-27-2010
We only have 3 DL spots :-) :-)

I will bring the entry fee to the HERF in June :-)

I know it is only May, but holy heck I am behind :-) I just picked up some players so hopefully I may win a game or two.
There are plenty of good players out there, Dan. You just have to do your research. All the big names have been taken, but plenty of young and fresh talent out there.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:14 AM 04-27-2010
There are plenty of good players out there, Dan. You just have to do your research. All the big names have been taken, but plenty of young and fresh talent out there.
Can't load up your team with Reds players and expect to dominate in fantasy baseball. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:29 AM 04-27-2010
There's tons of talent still. It's a bit puked over from last week, but theres still lots of opportunity.
It seems like there's a lot more power available tan years past. I always pick players for power first, speed second. There's lots of kids in the free agents who are gonna hit the ball hard and move into the top of the order as soon as an old guy gets hit in the wrist with a pitch.
That's a really fun part of the game tat the 52 max moves takes out. Dealing within the boundaries of the league rules makes it more challenging, too.
There's a strategy for every category.
See of Marlon Byrd is still available, Dan. He's a good power addition to your outfield, and you're thin.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:40 AM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
See of Marlon Byrd is still available, Dan. He's a good power addition to your outfield, and you're thin.
No dice. Someone else has him.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:44 AM 04-27-2010
I did pick up some other guys. I dropped Drew Stubbs and some other crackhead.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:33 PM 04-27-2010
I did pick up some other guys. I dropped Drew Stubbs and some other crackhead.
That's why you're last. You have Drew Stubbs, and I bet some other Reds players. Show no loyalty to the Reds in your fantasy league, unless you have Rolen and Votto (like me). And don't forget, Chapman isn't a big leaguer just yet, so he's not bringing any points for you yet.:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:47 PM 04-27-2010
That's why you're last. You have Drew Stubbs, and I bet some other Reds players. Show no loyalty to the Reds in your fantasy league, unless you have Rolen and Votto (like me). And don't forget, Chapman isn't a big leaguer just yet, so he's not bringing any points for you yet.:-)
Stubbs was the only Red that I had
[Reply]
Cigargal 04:40 PM 04-28-2010
Don't let them smack talk the Big Red Machine, Dan!
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:58 PM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by Cigargal:
Cigargal you are cool in my book :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:17 PM 04-28-2010
It's ok, I'm allowed to talk smack. I'm a Reds fan too.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:25 PM 04-28-2010
This is the only Big Red Machine I'm aware of:

Everything else is but a little red wagon.(Except for 1990.)
[Reply]
hotreds 06:24 PM 10-04-2010
Congrats to St. Lou Stu for winning the league! Bravo, Tim!
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:41 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Congrats to St. Lou Stu for winning the league! Bravo, Tim!
Thanks Hugh!
I also just read back through the prize/contribution part of this thread.... I cannot recall if I sent yourself or Richard anything for this or recently for that matter.
My prize will be out shortly.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:47 AM 10-05-2010
Hugh, did I already give you sticks? If not, let me know and I will bring them to the HERF on the 23rd :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:37 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
My prize will be out shortly.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Up