Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 456 78 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Most powerful cigar you ever smoked?
TripleF 08:10 AM 03-18-2009
Nothing really powerful with nicotine....

I did get a little queezy from a JDN Antano one morning while fishing.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 09:08 AM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Early 90's Quintero!
really, moses? were those machine made back then?
[Reply]
borndead1 09:10 AM 03-18-2009
Famous Nicaraguan 3000 presidente - on an empty stomach.

Followed closely by a Pepin Blue toro. Made me a little dizzy toward the end.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:42 AM 03-18-2009
My first Opus X which was very fresh, the smoothness fooled me big time and i smoked it way too fast. Thats the only time ive been kicked by a cigar.
[Reply]
hotreds 10:10 AM 03-18-2009
I try to avoid smoking on an empty stomach. My problem is that when I get down to the last third of a cigar I start smoking it quickly, and then I get into trouble. Never really sick, just that strange "heady" feeling- a "buzz" I guess you could call it. Some that have given me this feeling include the Opus X, AVO LE 08, Davidoff Millenium, DPG Cuban Classic, Graycliff Doble Expresso, Icon, Illusiine CG4, JdeN Antaņo, Padron 1964.

This is also not to mean that I did not enjoy the cigars, in many cases I did. Another thing I've also noticed is that some that I listed as "strong" when I first started I no longer do so- such as the CAO Italia and Brazil; two favorites nowadays.

Although I have not smoked many Cubans, I have yet to experience any negative effects from same.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:15 AM 03-18-2009
I always get kicked by a Taboo Special Forces Original. I have learned not to smoke one at a herf.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:26 AM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
I always get kicked by a Taboo Special Forces Original. I have learned not to smoke one at a herf.
Or, smoke it too quickly:-)

[Reply]
HawkEye19 11:43 AM 03-18-2009
I'm in the same boat as the Shadow King. I had a Partagas Black at a B&M one afternoon. I'm pretty sure driving home after that was not my best move.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:54 AM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
When I say powerful, I mean nicotine strength!!!:-)

You know that one that kicked your can all over the place!!!:-)

The one that made you hurl!!!:-)

The cigar that made you want your mommy!!!:-)

What is your story???
I don't remember one ever doing such to me.
[Reply]
icantbejon 12:03 PM 03-18-2009
The first time I smoked a Tat RC-184 it kicked my @ss prett soundly. I stood up and quickly sat back down for a few.
[Reply]
RBOrrell 12:15 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Mine was the original El Rico Habano. The current ones are strong but the original blend from the early-mid 90's made in Little Havana were so strong they made my lips numb!

MCS
Same for me.. I was gifted one from the owner of a B&M in Buffalo. It knocked me on my a$$.
[Reply]
rizzle 01:34 PM 03-18-2009
La Flor Dominicana DL700.
[Reply]
Darrell 01:38 PM 03-18-2009
I powered through an Opus X Belicoso XxX (aka Power Ranger). I was green and sick and almost vomited. :-)
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 05:41 PM 03-18-2009
Had an LGD Chisel and a JdN corona on separate occasions without a problem. Smoked an Opus X Robusto and it turned me green and I could barely walk.

The wife saw me come to bed and did a double take when I walked in when she saw my color. :-)

That thing made me not want to smoke cigars for a bit.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 06:16 PM 03-18-2009
Partagas 898v
[Reply]
14holestogie 06:19 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:

:-)

Got one from RevSmoke for last year's AZ trip. Don't know if it was the sun, the lack of food in the belly, or the way I smoked it, but I had to drop it before it dropped me. :-)
[Reply]
KidRock 07:03 PM 03-18-2009
CAO Vision. Wired I know. I think they gave me the one with extra nicotine.
[Reply]
CBI_2 07:19 PM 03-18-2009
Wow! I have never had one cigar totally kick my behind. Got a little light headed near the end of my first triple maduro Camacho but I smoked it on an empty stomach.

The only other time was New Years Eve of 06/07. I had just started smoking 12/03/06 and I was half way through my 4th cigar of the night, an Indios Puros, when I got light headed and thought "Holy Cr*P! I need to put this down before I fall out."
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:28 PM 03-18-2009
When I first got into cigars an Onxy Reserve killed me. I didn't know to smoke on a full stomach

Back in August a Nub Habano destroyed me on an empty stomach.
[Reply]
Taboo Cigars 12:00 PM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
:-)

Got one from RevSmoke for last year's AZ trip. Don't know if it was the sun, the lack of food in the belly, or the way I smoked it, but I had to drop it before it dropped me. :-)
:-) Sorry Guys! The blend is too much for some and not enough for others. We actually made it stronger about a year ago and it was too strong for me, so we have been blending less Ligero (this last year) than we did on the original production. Starts off mild to me but can sneak up on ya. Eat first! The strength should kick in about 1/4 into it and level off about 1/3 to 1/2 way in.
:-) Flavor should increase until the finish.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up