Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 31
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
Sports>*2010 MLB Thread*
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:25 PM 02-06-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Best in the division possibly. Depends if Buehrle gets over his David Cone syndrome and if Peavy manages to stay healthy all year. John Danks is pretty good I think, not sure about the rest of the rotation though.

I think it will be a toss up between the Twins and Sox. Twins are solid across the board and really upgraded their offense nicely this off season. Detroit could hang around, but I think they really gonna need another bat after all the offense they lost this of season. The AL central and west divisions should be really fun given all the changes!
I agree. It will be close between the Twins and Sox.
The Twins look really good especially after adding Hudson.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:49 AM 02-07-2010
Left-hander Erik Bedard has passed his physical and signed a one-year contract with the Mariners. The contract, which has a $1.5 million base salary and up to $6 million in incentives, also includes a mutual option for 2011.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:48 AM 02-07-2010
The Mariners might be the most improved team in baseball this off-season.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:04 AM 02-07-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
The Mariners might be the most improved team in baseball this off-season.
With the exception for Milton Bradley:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:09 AM 02-07-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
With the exception for Milton Bradley:-)
He could have been a great player if he was not such an a-hole and let his temper affect his game.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:17 AM 02-07-2010
He could have been a great player if he was not such an a-hole and let his temper affect his game.
Yep. And imo, he is going to have a great year with Seattle:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:19 AM 02-07-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Yep. And imo, he is going to have a great year with Seattle:-)
I think he will have a great first 2 months then he will be all hopped up on Starbucks and go crazy. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:19 AM 02-07-2010
With Thome and Hudson...Twins look good too.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:20 AM 02-07-2010
I think he will have a great first 2 months then he will be all hopped up on Starbucks and go crazy. :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:21 AM 02-07-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
With Thome and Hudson...Twins look good too.
:-)
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 12:29 PM 02-08-2010
I can't say I think the Twins are going to fare all that well...every year they bolster their roster with players that are well past their peak years. The bullpen is one of the weakest places for the Twins, and maybe I missed it, I don't recall them doing anything at all too improve that...they will do well, but definitely not a Championship team...the AL Central seems way too early to call...
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:05 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker:
I can't say I think the Twins are going to fare all that well...every year they bolster their roster with players that are well past their peak years. The bullpen is one of the weakest places for the Twins, and maybe I missed it, I don't recall them doing anything at all too improve that...they will do well, but definitely not a Championship team...the AL Central seems way too early to call...
Just saying the White Sox imrpoved a bit...as did the Twins. I actually like the Twins pick-ups a bit better. The Tigers...:-). The Indians...I don't think so. Royals...need I say more. The Twins have a great shot at winning the AL Central.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:15 PM 02-08-2010
I have a ton of respect for the Twinkie organization . . . up to a point. No matter what they do, it always seems to come up smelling like roses. They will have a good shot at winning the Central, yet not nearly as good a chance of taking it all.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 02:43 PM 02-08-2010
Never count the Twins out.

On a side note, the Yankees brought Marcus Thames back with a minor league deal and an invite to spring training. Not a bad idea, I like him a lot more than I do Randy Winn.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 02:56 PM 02-08-2010
Not that it may matter to anyone and at the risk of derailing the conversation I have to make an admission: I have decided to NOT blindly hate the Yankees this year. I am by no means a fan but I've been surfing another board devoted entirely to baseball and let me tell you ... I'm VERY glad to be a member here where people seem to have a good bit of restraint, patience and acceptance of others' rights to have opinions. Those guys seem to enjoy blindly hating anyone and everyone who doesn't follow their team, or even those who aren't "true" fans for blah blah blah reason blah blah blah to infinity. It stopped me being a Yankee hater anyway.

/threadjack

I'm sure all the Twins fans are crossing their fingers in the hopes that their boys make a good showing this year at their new park like the Yankees did with theirs last year. Or at least make it to the playoffs to break in the new yard. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:40 PM 02-08-2010
I think the Twins will take the central, Mariners take the west, Yankees take the east and the Red Sox take the wild card.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:05 PM 02-08-2010
I'll go with the White Sox taking first in the central, the Angels taking the west, BoSox in the east, and finally the Yanks getting the wild card.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:53 PM 02-08-2010
:-)

Originally Posted by :
Hall of Fame Classic making return

COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- The Baseball Hall of Fame will hold a second annual Hall of Fame Classic on Father's Day this year.

Hall president Jeff Idelson says tickets for the June 20 old-timer's game at Doubleday Field will go on sale in Cooperstown on March 20.

The Hall began a Father's Day weekend last June, with five Hall of Famers and more than 20 other former major leaguers making the trip. The game replaced the annual exhibition game between major league teams, which was discontinued because it had become too difficult to fit into the regular-season schedule.

The Hall said Monday that this year's seven-inning exhibition game will feature seven Hall of Famers: Rollie Fingers, Goose Gossage, Bob Feller, Phil Niekro, Gary Carter, Harmon Killebrew and Mike Schmidt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4898036

[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:04 PM 02-08-2010
Nice:-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:18 AM 02-09-2010
I think the Twins will take the central, Mariners take the west, Yankees take the east and the Red Sox take the wild card.
:-) That's exactly how I think it will play out too.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 31
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
Up