Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Sports>Colts vs Pats--The War
Whee 08:25 AM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
Wow, a game that lived up to the hype! I have to admit I was nervous throughout, even when we had the big lead. Unfortunately it was justified.
Congrats to the Colts and their fans for a nice win in a great game.

See you later..... in the playoffs.
There always seems to be a sequel.:-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:44 AM 11-16-2009
I don't have a dog in this fight (bad choice of words for an Eagles fan...), but I cannot believe Belicheck went for it on fourth down. Talk about showing no faith in your defense. Wow.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:50 AM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Talk about showing no faith in your defense. Wow.
While certainly that is a valid perspective, I think it shows more his cockiness and total support of his offense. I think he did it because he thought he could.
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:55 AM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
While certainly that is a valid perspective, I think it shows more his cockiness and total support of his offense. I think he did it because he thought he could.
There is no doubt it shows cockiness, pompousness, or whatever you want to call it, but it most definitely shows no faith in your defense too. Both helped make his decision. If he had faith in his defense there wouldn't have even been a thought to do it.
[Reply]
floydpink 08:59 AM 11-16-2009
I had no dog in the fight but am still shaking my head about that 4th down call.

The Pats dominated the whole game from the highlights I watched, and there was no reason to doubt the defense and not punt and take the win.

New England is probably still shellshocked from Peyton's brother running the 2 minute drill straight into their undefeated hearts a couple years ago.
[Reply]
smitdavi 09:04 AM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I had no dog in the fight but am still shaking my head about that 4th down call.

The Pats dominated the whole game from the highlights I watched, and there was no reason to doubt the defense and not punt and take the win.

New England is probably still shellshocked from Payton's brother running the 2 minute drill straight into their undefeated hearts a couple years ago.
Funny because they didn't really show any Colts highlights until the last drive really. I watched most of the game and thought the Colts were really making some plays on offense and defense. I guess it's all in the editing lol
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:00 PM 11-16-2009
While Belechik is a coaching genius...what the hell was he thinking???
[Reply]
floydpink 01:04 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
While Belechik is a coaching genius...what the hell was he thinking???
My guess would be he was thinking his defense wasn't up for the challenge.
[Reply]
smitdavi 03:29 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
My guess would be he was thinking his defense wasn't up for the challenge.
That and if he gets 2 yards the game is over.
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:43 PM 11-16-2009
"Bill Belichick has lost his mojo -- to Peyton Manning. Belichick's controversial decision to go for it on fourth-and-2 from New England's 28, which facilitated the completion of the Colts' comeback, shouldn't be surprising considering how the rivalry has gone of late. Early in the decade, Belichick was cited as a defensive mastermind for coming up with pressure schemes that consistently frustrated Manning. From the 2001 season through the 2004 AFC playoffs, New England won six straight over Indianapolis. But then the power shifted, and Indianapolis has now won five of six since November 2005. No longer is Manning fazed by Belichick, and the previously fearless coach now shows great respect for Manning, especially since the Colts' Super Bowl breakthrough." -- The Sporting News' Vinny Iyer

[Reply]
pnoon 05:45 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
"Bill Belichick has lost his mojo -- to Peyton Manning. Belichick's controversial decision to go for it on fourth-and-2 from New England's 28, which facilitated the completion of the Colts' comeback, shouldn't be surprising considering how the rivalry has gone of late. Early in the decade, Belichick was cited as a defensive mastermind for coming up with pressure schemes that consistently frustrated Manning. From the 2001 season through the 2004 AFC playoffs, New England won six straight over Indianapolis. But then the power shifted, and Indianapolis has now won five of six since November 2005. No longer is Manning fazed by Belichick, and the previously fearless coach now shows great respect for Manning, especially since the Colts' Super Bowl breakthrough." -- The Sporting News' Vinny Iyer

Now all he and the Colts have to do is figure out how to beat the Chargers in the playoffs. :-)
[Reply]
Whee 05:47 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Now all he and the Colts have to do is figure out how to beat the Chargers in the playoffs. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 06:14 PM 11-16-2009
didn't realize the Chargers were going to the playoffs, :-)
[Reply]
smitdavi 06:18 PM 11-16-2009
That was low Peter...that was low :-)
[Reply]
jaycarla 10:20 PM 11-16-2009
Damn, missed all the fun. Was on vacation and didn't get much cpu time.

Another great game! Crazy is probably a little better way to describe it. Will leave it at that, the talking heads had said everything 3 times on this one.

Peter, low blow with the SD comment though, nicely done.
[Reply]
Whee 10:22 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by jaycarla:
Damn, missed all the fun. Was on vacation and didn't get much cpu time.

Another great game! Crazy is probably a little better way to describe it. Will leave it at that, the talking heads had said everything 3 times on this one.

Peter, low blow with the SD comment though, nicely done.

Wondered where you were. We tried to represent for you in your absence.:-)
[Reply]
jaycarla 10:24 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Wondered where you were. We tried to represent for you in your absence.:-)
Thanks for carrying the jaycarla flag!

I like the cover of the Boston Herald. "Brain Cramp". Good stuff.
[Reply]
jaycarla 11:28 PM 01-04-2010
Well, if they are destined to meet again this year, it will be in the AFC title game.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:58 PM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by jaycarla:
Well, if they are destined to meet again this year, it will be in the AFC title game.
Ain't gonna happen this year.
[Reply]
jaycarla 09:37 PM 01-10-2010
Ain't gonna happen this year.
It isn't that I necessarily root against anyone, but I did somewhat enjoy the game. Don't remember ever seeing that Brady before. Would like to kick the Ravens out of the playoffs, again.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Up